I will be visiting Tuscany later this summer. I'm flying into Pisa and arrive at 9:50 at night. How far is the airport to the city center? Is it advisable for me to travel to a hotel near the city center at this time of night alone (I am a female in my 20s traveling alone)? Should I book a hotel near the airport for the first night/are there hotels near the airport? Also, how to I get to the airport to the city center, and do you have any suggestions on hotels? My budget is somewhere around $100/120 a night.
Second, I am looking for some helping planning my trip there. I will be arriving in Pisa at night and then staying for 4 full days, leaving on the 5th. I would like to go to the beach while there and basically just relax. Will I want to spend all the time in Pisa/is the beach easily accessible? Or should I try to see another town/city for a day or two? Is Cinque Terre/Monterossa anywhere close? I've heard that's a wonderful place. I am open for any suggestions, I am just looking for a nice beach, good food, and a nice place to walk around/shop, etc. If there are major tourist sites you think I should see, please suggest them. I'm not into museums, but things like the leaning tower of pisa I definitely will check out.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 2 Rome -- The next time around
- 3 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 4 One free day in Barcelona
- 5 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 Rome to Venice
- 8 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 9 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 10 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 11 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 12 PARIS
- 13 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 14 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 15 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 16 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 17 Sicily help
- 18 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 19 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 22 Alitala
- 23 Bordeaux to Nice
- 24 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 25 "Too Much Cows"