I will be visiting Tuscany later this summer. I'm flying into Pisa and arrive at 9:50 at night. How far is the airport to the city center? Is it advisable for me to travel to a hotel near the city center at this time of night alone (I am a female in my 20s traveling alone)? Should I book a hotel near the airport for the first night/are there hotels near the airport? Also, how to I get to the airport to the city center, and do you have any suggestions on hotels? My budget is somewhere around $100/120 a night.
Second, I am looking for some helping planning my trip there. I will be arriving in Pisa at night and then staying for 4 full days, leaving on the 5th. I would like to go to the beach while there and basically just relax. Will I want to spend all the time in Pisa/is the beach easily accessible? Or should I try to see another town/city for a day or two? Is Cinque Terre/Monterossa anywhere close? I've heard that's a wonderful place. I am open for any suggestions, I am just looking for a nice beach, good food, and a nice place to walk around/shop, etc. If there are major tourist sites you think I should see, please suggest them. I'm not into museums, but things like the leaning tower of pisa I definitely will check out.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 2 2 weeks Europe trip
- 3 French Election - Questions???
- 4 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 5 dinner jackets
- 6 French election
- 7 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 8 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 9 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 10 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 11 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 12 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 13 To Paris Beauvais? Thursday the 27th am?
- 14 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 15 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 16 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 17 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 18 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 19 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 20 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 21 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 22 mountain views near London
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 24 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 25 Italy in 11 Days