I will be visiting Tuscany later this summer. I'm flying into Pisa and arrive at 9:50 at night. How far is the airport to the city center? Is it advisable for me to travel to a hotel near the city center at this time of night alone (I am a female in my 20s traveling alone)? Should I book a hotel near the airport for the first night/are there hotels near the airport? Also, how to I get to the airport to the city center, and do you have any suggestions on hotels? My budget is somewhere around $100/120 a night.
Second, I am looking for some helping planning my trip there. I will be arriving in Pisa at night and then staying for 4 full days, leaving on the 5th. I would like to go to the beach while there and basically just relax. Will I want to spend all the time in Pisa/is the beach easily accessible? Or should I try to see another town/city for a day or two? Is Cinque Terre/Monterossa anywhere close? I've heard that's a wonderful place. I am open for any suggestions, I am just looking for a nice beach, good food, and a nice place to walk around/shop, etc. If there are major tourist sites you think I should see, please suggest them. I'm not into museums, but things like the leaning tower of pisa I definitely will check out.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland 3 day layover
- 2 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 3 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 4 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 5 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 6 Train travel
- 7 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 8 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 9 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 10 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
- 11 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 12 Christmas Markets 2017
- 13 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 14 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 15 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 16 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 17 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 18 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 19 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 20 Hotel recommendations: Venice, Florence and Rome
- 21 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 22 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 23 Wengen 3 1/2 days trip final suggestion
- 24 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 25 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?