We are going to be getting a Train from Rome to Montepulciano in September, then hiring a car and heading to Florence. We only have about 6 days. Where would be the best places to stay as a base for looking around. We thought maybe 2 nights in Montepulciano and visiting San Quirico, then 2 nights in Sienna and visiting Chianti and San Giovanni, then 2 nights in Florence. Would these be the best places to go to take stunning photos of the countryside?
Tuscany places to visit and take photos
View all Europe activity »
- 1 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 2 Place to propose
- 3 Euro Train
- 4 Car in Prague
- 5 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 6 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 7 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 8 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 9 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 10 Spain - Andalucia
- 11 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 12 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 13 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 14 Prague - must see
- 15 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 16 Three for the road
- 17 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 18 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 19 Public transport from Ostuni
- 20 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 21 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 22 Internet in Vienna, Budapest, Krakow and Prague
- 23 is train travel okay between prague to vienna
- 24 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 25 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice