We are going to be getting a Train from Rome to Montepulciano in September, then hiring a car and heading to Florence. We only have about 6 days. Where would be the best places to stay as a base for looking around. We thought maybe 2 nights in Montepulciano and visiting San Quirico, then 2 nights in Sienna and visiting Chianti and San Giovanni, then 2 nights in Florence. Would these be the best places to go to take stunning photos of the countryside?
Tuscany places to visit and take photos
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 2 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 3 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 4 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 5 Street food in Turkey
- 6 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 7 Three days in Spain
- 8 Paris in April?
- 9 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 10 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 11 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 12 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 13 Prague - Tram #22
- 14 Day trip from London to Paris
- 15 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 16 A drive in Europe
- 17 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 18 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 19 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 20 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 21 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 22 London hotel
- 23 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 24 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 25 Germany driving itinerary starting questions