Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 2 Going to Istanbul for 3 days
- 3 Puglia and Matera
- 4 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 5 Venice - airport, cruise ship terminal, hotel, & airport taxi question
- 6 Getting to Cinque Terre from Croatia
- 7 Newbie - seeking any advice
- 8 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 9 After Bordeaux - any suggestions?
- 10 Getting married in Europe- Ceremony
- 11 What to see in Madrid - by a local
- 12 Venice 2.25 day Itinerary
- 13 Hungary outside of Budapest
- 14 One week in Budapest
- 15 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 16 Help with 1 week in Normandy / Loire Valley
- 17 9 Days Family Trip to London-Paris- Switzerland
- 18 Help, traveling to Barcelona with Baby
- 19 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 20 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 21 Are children really happy in their childhood?
- 22 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 23 Qustions: Europen river cruises solo
- 24 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 25 A wonderful month in France