Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 American looking for any work in Italy
- 2 Northern Italy
- 3 Another Visit to London
- 4 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 5 Buying a SIM in Spain and using it in Italy, France and the UK also
- 6 My thoughts on Mallorca
- 7 Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)
- 8 Finally, Norway Itin - please critique & advise
- 9 NORWAY itineray critique -- please give your opinion.
- 10 Greece- 8/9 DAYS
- 11 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 12 Overnight Layover -London
- 13 Wine tour recommendations around Greve
- 14 Forints or Euros?
- 15 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 16 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 17 Locations of apartment in Seville
- 18 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 19 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 20 hotel in Prague
- 21 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 22 Old European currency
- 23 Not-so-Expensive Restaurants in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo
- 24 Transportation from Gothenburg airport to the Center
- 25 Three days in Athens