Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Tuscany & Paris visit with 6 year old
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roussillon, a photo essay
- 2 Hotels that we found special
- 3 Art in Paris
- 4 Rental car while in Ireland
- 5 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 6 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 7 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 8 Too many Trip Reports
- 9 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 10 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 11 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 12 Great London Bars with a view
- 13 I dream of Europe
- 14 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 15 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 16 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 17 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 18 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 19 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 20 Reykjavik hotels
- 21 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 22 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 23 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 24 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 25 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later