Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to spend Easter in Portugal
- 2 Spain, Madrid, 2 nights w/car
- 3 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 4 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 5 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 6 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 7 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 8 Hotel advice
- 9 Puglia itinerary - need help!
- 10 Sienna with kids
- 11 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 12 Honeymoon - Spain & Greece
- 13 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 14 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 15 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 16 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 17 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 18 What to see in Dresden...
- 19 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 20 Istanbul - FOOD!
- 21 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 22 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 23 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 24 Tour or independent
- 25 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help