Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Tuscany & Paris visit with 6 year old
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BMW European Delivery program
- 2 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 3 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 4 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD
- 5 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 6 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 7 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 8 Hotel Millesime or Hotel des Marronniers or Hotel du Danube
- 9 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 10 Eating in University cafeterias
- 11 your favorite coasts/shores, lake or sea
- 12 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 13 travel to western Europe from India
- 14 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 15 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 16 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 17 wineries near Ronda
- 18 Questions on Cork and Another Irish Town Suggestion!
- 19 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 20 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 21 Madrid and London
- 22 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 23 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 24 Down in the River To Say "Bore Da": Wales May/June 2014
- 25 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?