Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Tuscany & Paris visit with 6 year old
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Early October 2014 Trip to Mosel Valley and Rhineland
- 2 Gift for French business associate
- 3 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 4 Sunny September Trip Report
- 5 Italy tours
- 6 Trip Report, part 1
- 7 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 8 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 9 Travel insurance, interruption or cancelation?
- 10 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 11 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 12 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 13 London GTG late September?
- 14 Air France strike
- 15 Amsterdam
- 16 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 17 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 18 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 19 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 20 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 21 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 22 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 23 French 2015 summer school vacation
- 24 Alterations to night trains routes
- 25 Scottish Passport