Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sagrada Familia-Guide or Audio
- 2 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 3 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 4 Italy trains question
- 5 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center
- 6 European Championship
- 7 Two nights with kids in Normandy/Brittany
- 8 How not to behave in Iceland
- 9 Report from Paris- Going up Eiffel Tower During Euro Cup
- 10 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 11 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 12 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 13 Iceland trip report
- 14 T Mobile Does it Again
- 15 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 16 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 17 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 18 currency
- 19 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 20 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 21 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 22 IN EUROPE - EPISODE THREE - KARLOVY VARY, DRESDEN
- 23 IN EUROPE - EPISODE THREE - KARLOVY VARY, DRESDEN
- 24 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 25 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.