Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6 Days in Italy
- 2 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 3 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 4 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 5 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 6 Alitala
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 Durham Castle or Lumley Castle?
- 9 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 10 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 11 Which Hotel in Rome
- 12 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 13 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 14 SE ITALY
- 15 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 16 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 19 renting
- 20 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 21 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 22 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 23 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 24 Road closure to Linderhof October 2017
- 25 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!