Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Tuscany & Paris visit with 6 year old
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is my plan ok
- 2 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 3 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 4 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 5 Southern Spain
- 6 5 Observations About Paris
- 7 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 8 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 9 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 10 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 11 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 12 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 13 Scotland November 2015
- 14 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 15 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 16 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 17 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 18 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 19 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 20 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 21 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 22 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 23 Museums in Berlin
- 24 Schengen Visa Rules
- 25 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road