Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Tuscany & Paris visit with 6 year old
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 2 Southern Spain
- 3 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 4 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 5 Museums in Berlin
- 6 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 7 Schengen Visa Rules
- 8 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 9 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 10 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 11 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 12 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 13 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 14 5 Observations About Paris
- 15 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 16 Scotland November 2015
- 17 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 18 Amsterdam in the early 1980s
- 19 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 20 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 21 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 22 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 23 Is my plan ok
- 24 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 25 Reputable Tours