Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shipping wine from Italy to Massachusetts
- 2 Need advice to plan a trip for graduation gift
- 3 Reservations needed for Frankfurt->Offenburg train?
- 4 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 5 2 wk in Italy-Venice/Florence/CT/Pisa/Rome
- 6 Help! Scotland Itinerary
- 7 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 8 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 9 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 10 Ireland with teen daughter
- 11 8 day trip from Denmark to Austria and Switzerland
- 12 Planning roundtrip Greece
- 13 What's your favorite indoor passage In Paris?
- 14 Please critique my itinerary
- 15 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 16 First time in Greece
- 17 toarmina or cefalu
- 18 BritRail Pass Seat Reservation Cost
- 19 Europe Trip 22 year olds
- 20 Planning Europe itinerary
- 21 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 22 London Pass or No?
- 23 Itinerary Help For Switzerland And Lakes Region Of Italy
- 24 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 25 2 Days in Bologna