Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Tuscany & Paris visit with 6 year old
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 2 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 3 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 4 What still confounds you about travel?
- 5 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 6 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 7 Short-stay apartment in Italy -- common practices?
- 8 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 9 Would someone critique my food/drinking itinerary for St. Petersburg?
- 10 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 11 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 12 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 13 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 14 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 15 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 16 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 17 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 18 Eurostar London to Avignon Thru Trains Start June 28!
- 19 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 20 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 21 Salzburg, Innsbruck, and possibly Graz with my 90yr old Mom
- 22 italy
- 23 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 24 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 25 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets