Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Tuscany & Paris visit with 6 year old
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 2 One day in Paris, Looking for a great Full day tour.
- 3 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 4 Paris to Bordeaux TGV
- 5 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 6 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 7 Amsterday > Bruges
- 8 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 9 4 weeks by rail starting Rome
- 10 Spending time in Berner Oblerand - Take a side trip to Saas Fee?
- 11 London - Off-the-Path Gems
- 12 Great restaurants in Italy
- 13 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 14 Napoli Centrale: Luggage/Storage Lockers?
- 15 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 16 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 17 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 18 London Newport Court apartment rental advice
- 19 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 20 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 21 CDG questions
- 22 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 23 Amalfi coast in May
- 24 Need help on almost 3 weeks in Ireland: itinerary
- 25 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago