Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Tuscany & Paris visit with 6 year old
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence Hotel Advice
- 2 Paris to Chantilly transportation question
- 3 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 4 Customs & Immigration Necessary at Frankfurt Germany Airport???
- 5 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 6 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 7 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 8 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 9 Airbnb scam
- 10 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 11 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 12 Viator.com in Turkey
- 13 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 14 Scottish Passport
- 15 Italy tours
- 16 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 17 The Gorges of Kakuetta
- 18 Two Days in Prague
- 19 Air France strike
- 20 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 21 Street Parking in Lisbon- Regulations?
- 22 Bodrum to instanbul
- 23 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 24 Can you help me make calls in Italy?
- 25 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland