Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Tuscany & Paris visit with 6 year old
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southwestern England
- 2 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 3 Where to stay in Varenna, Italy for 2 nights?
- 4 Can You Name theTen Most Popular Tourist Cities In Europe???
- 5 Buying Prado Museum tickets online
- 6 European Quiz Monday March 30
- 7 Any Pros Out There on Sending FedEx from Italy to U.S.?
- 8 Critique my Paris Itinerary
- 9 Drone video of the north of the Netherlands
- 10 Where to stay near Pont du Gard
- 11 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 12 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 13 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 14 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 15 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 16 Europe in Two Weeks, what is possible?
- 17 EuroRail- Italy vs. Tickets
- 18 Mont St. Michele?
- 19 Ef Tour 10 days in Bavaria then 15 in Köthen
- 20 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 21 Itinerary help for 3 weeks Frankfurt to Paris
- 22 Amsterdam with young toddler
- 23 Slow, south of france with a baby, a five year old and no driving
- 24 Southern Europe trip (10 NIGHTS - Paris, Barcelona, Milan-Venice-Rome)
- 25 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs