Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Tuscany & Paris visit with 6 year old
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 2 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 3 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 4 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 5 Autumn in Paris
- 6 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 7 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 8 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 9 Burgundy in May
- 10 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 11 A Greek sojourn
- 12 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 13 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 14 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 15 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 16 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 17 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 18 Is Venice really dirty?
- 19 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 20 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 21 Weekend in Norfolk
- 22 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 23 Updated ATM info for Greece and Turkey
- 24 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 25 Riva del Garda to Rome