Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Tuscany & Paris visit with 6 year old
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 2 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 3 Train to Harry Potter Studio---Tips?
- 4 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 5 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 6 Satnav maps update
- 7 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 8 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 9 London Newport Court apartment rental advice
- 10 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 11 Recommendations for hotels in Helsinki
- 12 Greece after the Vote
- 13 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 14 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 15 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 16 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 17 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 18 mallorca
- 19 April in Madrid
- 20 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 21 France to Italy advice needed please
- 22 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 23 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 24 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 25 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?