Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to Florence Road Trip, Vineyard Recommendations
- 2 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 3 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 4 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 5 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 6 Budapest Hotels
- 7 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 8 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 9 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 10 London's Must Sights!
- 11 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 12 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 13 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 14 First Time Solo Travel info
- 15 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 16 TGV from Paris to Vienna?
- 17 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 18 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 19 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 20 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 21 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 22 4 days in switzerland
- 23 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 24 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 25 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?