Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Tuscany & Paris visit with 6 year old
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 closest German city to Enschede/Twente
- 2 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 3 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 4 9 days in switzerland
- 5 Which base in the Cotswolds
- 6 Eastern Pyrenees for family with children
- 7 Is Capri overrated?
- 8 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 9 Best Location for Month Stay in Spain
- 10 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 11 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 12 Rail connections from Rotterdam and ease of boarding train with luggage
- 13 Train des Pignes
- 14 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 15 Prague - Dresden- Berlin
- 16 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 17 Utterly Umbria...feedback on my itinerary for a week in Spello please!!
- 18 5 day Barcelona itineary
- 19 Museums for 12 year old girl and pastry day class
- 20 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 21 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 22 What to do, what to do... early arrival, late departure
- 23 Change in Travel
- 24 Euro Quiz # 87 - Paris Potpourri
- 25 London and nearby suggestions