Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Tuscany & Paris visit with 6 year old
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alhambra tickets for May?
- 2 Family trip to France with kids
- 3 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 4 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 5 More time in Colmar/Strasbourg vs a day for Reims or Chartes
- 6 help please: draft itinery trip to andalucia with DD(11&14) in april
- 7 Leaving Tomorrow need some last minute advice
- 8 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 9 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 10 Restaurant Recommendations - Pula or Rovinj
- 11 A week in spain
- 12 Family travel to Paris and Alps
- 13 Private driver Amalfi Coast
- 14 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 15 One night somewhere between Zurich and Geneva
- 16 Advice on Romania Itinerary
- 17 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 18 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 19 Train from Rome Airport FCO to Florence
- 20 13 Day Trip to Italy
- 21 Hotel in Lisbon
- 22 Medieval Dinner other than Bunratty
- 23 Napoli logistics
- 24 Central Europe - 16 Days
- 25 Where to honeymoon in Southern France and Northern Italy?