Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Tuscany & Paris visit with 6 year old
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Some Observations on a Fantastic Journey through Western Turkey
- 2 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 3 Vineyard visit from Paris (day trip): Burgundy vs Lorie Valley
- 4 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 5 Driving Croatia turkey via Greece
- 6 Macarons!
- 7 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 8 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 9 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 10 Train from Rome Airport FCO to Florence
- 11 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 12 Breaking out of the Nutshell: Oslo, Bergen, the Sognefjord and Copenhagen
- 13 Dijon or Beaune for overnight?
- 14 First pass itinerary for Spain in October?
- 15 Southern Turkey -- hiking the Lycian Way
- 16 Lycian Way
- 17 Sintra - How to avoid steep uphill walking
- 18 Rental Car in Paris
- 19 Lycian Way Self Guided Options
- 20 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 21 A week on the Amalfi Coast--Itinerary Advice Needed!
- 22 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 23 3 nights in sorrento/amalfi - please help with day planning
- 24 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 25 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast