Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Tuscany & Paris visit with 6 year old
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 2 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 3 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 4 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 5 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 6 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 7 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 8 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 9 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 10 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 11 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 12 Tipping in the UK
- 13 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 14 14 Days Dec Trip to Switzerland (or???)
- 15 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 16 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 17 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 18 Discount Card and itinerary for London for family of 4
- 19 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 20 Scotland Explorer Pass
- 21 car rental issues Italy Slovenia Croatia
- 22 Interested In Coach Passes
- 23 Could someone help me identifie this chateau in Belgium
- 24 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 25 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?