Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Tuscany & Paris visit with 6 year old
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 2 Southern Spain
- 3 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 4 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 5 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 6 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 7 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 8 1 week in the Cyclades
- 9 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 10 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 11 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 12 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 13 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 14 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 15 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 16 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 17 Schengen Visa Rules
- 18 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 19 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 20 Small Towns Spain(Catalonia,LaRioja,Navarra,Basque)w/ trip to Bordeaux
- 21 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 22 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 23 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 24 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 25 Is my plan ok