Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 2 A week in Le Marche
- 3 Delta First Class seats- how far in advance should I book?
- 4 Vatican visit - shortcut to St. Peter's Basilica through Sistine chapel
- 5 Appropriate wear for restaurants
- 6 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 7 Should I shop in Firenze or Roma? Or Paris or London?!
- 8 Recommendation for a Boutique Hotel in Istanbul
- 9 Guys please Help, Italy areas, where to stay. Running out of time.
- 10 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 11 My summer in Paris
- 12 Where to stay in Northern Ireland and should we try to see Cliffs of Moher?
- 13 "Meals Game Plan" for Rome, Sorrento, and Florence, per piacere.?
- 14 Qustions: Europen river cruises solo
- 15 another Naples and Amalfi coast question
- 16 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 17 Brugges to Bayeux to Versailles
- 18 Tour Sicily in 11 days by public transport
- 19 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 20 Flights from Milos Greece to Rome
- 21 Paris 4 days
- 22 Turkey - Car Rental
- 23 How has Rome changed in last 30 years?
- 24 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 25 9 Days Family Trip to London-Paris- Switzerland