Planning a June visit to Europe. It will be our first trip to Europe in 6 years. Our last trip was to Italy (Tuscany & Rome) & France (Paris).
We want to do the same with our daughter. Except this time we will allow more time and shave destinations off our schedule.
My question is which would you do if you were in our shoes?
Option A) Plan for a 1 month visit for one destination (Paris and surrounding areas with a home exchange program) and properly and comfortably introduce this region to our daughter or
Option B) Divide our 1 month into 2 week jaunts to Tuscany and Paris (2 destinations max with liberal day trips via train in between locations).
We are more concerned with the experience of enjoying and exploring the local life, the parks and local markets and shops than visiting a 101 museums and monuments.
I would appreciate your recommendations on home exchange programs you have used and the best one for families.
Tuscany & Paris visit with 6 year old
- 1 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 2 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 3 Spain Travel
- 4 Itinerary Questions
- 5 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 6 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 7 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 8 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 9 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 10 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 11 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 12 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 13 Our Happy Return to Sunny Tuscany (plus a small bite of Bologna, too!)
- 14 A full week in The Netherlands
- 15 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 16 Photo trip report - Belgium/France/Germany
- 17 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 18 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 21 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 22 Lake como
- 23 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 24 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 25 Home from Rome - a trip report