Two adults, two kids 9 and 6. With a car. First time to these parts of Italy.
Would love advice!
Here's the plan, order is adjustable:
Arrive Pisa airport 11am (no jet lag, we live in Europe so off we go)
Drive to agriturismo rental near Volterra and settle in
Volterra, Monteriggioni, Siena
Montepulciano (La Foce?), Pienza, San Quirico
Bagno Vignono, Abbey Sant' Antimo, Montalcino
San Gimignano, Greve, more this day?
Out of time in Tuscany, would love to see Elba Island and Cortona but not sure how to prioritize.
Drive to Varenna via Tellaro or Parma or ???
Settle into apartment near Varenna
Day 7 - 10:
-Bellagio, Menaggio, Varenna, Lenno.
-Vezio Castle, Villa Balbianello.
-Lunch at Rifugio Martina in San Primo above Bellagio
-Is Isola Comacina worth the visit if you don't eat at the restaurant (I could just see my kids faced with 65 euros worth of fish and veggies!)
-Possible alpine driving tour from Menaggio?
-Possibly kayak out of Menaggio?
-Boat tour of the lake?
-Considering trip into Switzerland but not sure it's worth the time away from Lake Como.
Depart Bergamo airport on day 11.
Thank you so much for your opions/advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 2 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 3 24 hours in Paris
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 6 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 7 tickets for Wimbledon
- 8 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 9 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 10 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 11 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 12 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 13 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 14 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 15 Happy birthday ATM
- 16 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 17 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 18 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 19 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 20 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 23 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 24 B&Bs in Pisa, Parma & Bologna, Hotel in Milan
- 25 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy