Friday morning-leave Rome, pick up car at the Tirburtina station, Rome or Siena
Saturday-San Gimignano, Volterra, Monteriggioni
Sunday-Assisi-heard the crowds are horrible on Sunday, unless you go early. What time is early? Would it make sense to arrive by 9, go to Mass, (haven't checked Mass schedule), hike the hermatage, with picnic lunch and tour Assisi later in the afternoon. I have read Sunday's Mass can be standing room only. Are there more tour buses on Sunday vs another day?
Tuesday-leave for CT, drop car in La Speiza, maybe one stop on away, considering Carrara 4x4 tour or spend morning in Siena
2 adults with teenage boys (16 and 18)
Assisi is on everyone's list the other towns are negotiable.
Appreciate comments. We all love to eat, and try new foods. We have an apartment with full kitchen. Husband interested in olive oil, boys are interested food and finally getting to go to a winery and do a tasting.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London 2For1 question
- 2 18-19 day Budapest -Croatia itinerary
- 3 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 4 Fastest travel from Malpensa to Port of Genoa
- 5 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 6 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 7 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 8 7 days in Greece
- 9 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 Venice
- 12 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 13 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 14 Another Book List for Italy
- 15 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 16 Last night in Sweden
- 17 Best Itinerary for 15 Days?
- 18 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 19 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 20 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 21 charming cities in Spain
- 22 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 23 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 24 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 25 Itinerary Help for Portugal