Friday morning-leave Rome, pick up car at the Tirburtina station, Rome or Siena
Saturday-San Gimignano, Volterra, Monteriggioni
Sunday-Assisi-heard the crowds are horrible on Sunday, unless you go early. What time is early? Would it make sense to arrive by 9, go to Mass, (haven't checked Mass schedule), hike the hermatage, with picnic lunch and tour Assisi later in the afternoon. I have read Sunday's Mass can be standing room only. Are there more tour buses on Sunday vs another day?
Tuesday-leave for CT, drop car in La Speiza, maybe one stop on away, considering Carrara 4x4 tour or spend morning in Siena
2 adults with teenage boys (16 and 18)
Assisi is on everyone's list the other towns are negotiable.
Appreciate comments. We all love to eat, and try new foods. We have an apartment with full kitchen. Husband interested in olive oil, boys are interested food and finally getting to go to a winery and do a tasting.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 2 Switzerland in September
- 3 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 4 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 5 My final Prague itinerary
- 6 Positano or Sorrento?
- 7 Last minute trip to Capri
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 weekend from cologne germany
- 10 Globus Iberian Tour
- 11 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 12 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 13 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 14 13 nights in switzerland
- 15 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 16 Earthquake near Naples
- 17 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 18 London Theater
- 19 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 20 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 21 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 22 Driving from Rome to Sicily and back
- 23 Munich itinerary review
- 24 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 25 Birthday dinner in Salzburg