Friday morning-leave Rome, pick up car at the Tirburtina station, Rome or Siena
Saturday-San Gimignano, Volterra, Monteriggioni
Sunday-Assisi-heard the crowds are horrible on Sunday, unless you go early. What time is early? Would it make sense to arrive by 9, go to Mass, (haven't checked Mass schedule), hike the hermatage, with picnic lunch and tour Assisi later in the afternoon. I have read Sunday's Mass can be standing room only. Are there more tour buses on Sunday vs another day?
Tuesday-leave for CT, drop car in La Speiza, maybe one stop on away, considering Carrara 4x4 tour or spend morning in Siena
2 adults with teenage boys (16 and 18)
Assisi is on everyone's list the other towns are negotiable.
Appreciate comments. We all love to eat, and try new foods. We have an apartment with full kitchen. Husband interested in olive oil, boys are interested food and finally getting to go to a winery and do a tasting.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 retruning to US with souveniers
- 2 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 3 Italy in January?
- 4 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 5 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 6 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 7 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 8 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 9 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 10 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 11 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 12 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 13 10 days in London in early December
- 14 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 15 Berlin to ?
- 16 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 17 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 18 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 19 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 20 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 21 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 22 Scotland in December
- 23 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 24 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 25 Itinerary Help for Sicily