Friday morning-leave Rome, pick up car at the Tirburtina station, Rome or Siena
Saturday-San Gimignano, Volterra, Monteriggioni
Sunday-Assisi-heard the crowds are horrible on Sunday, unless you go early. What time is early? Would it make sense to arrive by 9, go to Mass, (haven't checked Mass schedule), hike the hermatage, with picnic lunch and tour Assisi later in the afternoon. I have read Sunday's Mass can be standing room only. Are there more tour buses on Sunday vs another day?
Tuesday-leave for CT, drop car in La Speiza, maybe one stop on away, considering Carrara 4x4 tour or spend morning in Siena
2 adults with teenage boys (16 and 18)
Assisi is on everyone's list the other towns are negotiable.
Appreciate comments. We all love to eat, and try new foods. We have an apartment with full kitchen. Husband interested in olive oil, boys are interested food and finally getting to go to a winery and do a tasting.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 2 Ireland travel passport question
- 3 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 6 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 7 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 8 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 9 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 10 Biarritz family holiday
- 11 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 12 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 13 Bernina Express mid-March
- 14 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 15 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 16 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 17 Ireland hotel questions
- 18 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 19 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 20 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 21 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 22 Revised itinerary for italy
- 23 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 where to stay in London?