I am off to Italy in September and currently have a farmhouse booked called Borgo al Cerro, in Casole d’Elsa.
I am unsure if it is the perfect fit - we are looking for a nice spot in the middle of the wine route - i suspect this place may be a little off the beaten path.
which town should we be staying in? we are looking for a quiet spot, nice scenery, close to vineyards, and with a decent selection of restaurants that aren't much of a trek so we don't have to drive (far) after dinner.
we would like to keep it under 200 - 225 a night at a maximum.
lastly, we will have a car, but will have to be close enough to florence to make it to an early morning train (9 / 10ish) on our last day for our connection to venice.
any suggestions would be great.
Tuscany in September
- 1 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 2 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 3 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 4 Transportation from Landshut to Munich Airport?
- 5 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 6 American Citizen Buying a Home in Spain
- 7 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 8 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 9 Athens licensed tour guide
- 10 Visit to Russia - Money
- 11 If you had 7 days for Romantic Road..What would you do
- 12 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 13 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 14 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare
- 15 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 16 Romania Apartment List
- 17 Moonliner bus question - can you help please?
- 18 1st time in Europe - Please critique our itinerary
- 19 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 20 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 21 Seems to me this forum is a lot less active than in years past....
- 22 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 23 Where can we go from Genoa for three days
- 24 Eurostar Italy train to Florence fro Milan's Malpensa Airport
- 25 Rome's night of the museums 18 May 2013