I thought I won't flood my other topic about Positano, and start a different one.
So we are in Paris and Italy for a month for our honeymoon, and plan on spending 3 nights in Tuscany country side.
At the moment we are deciding between staying in Chianti vs Val d'Orcia. Both are charming...
Here is what we are after:
- Stunning country side, a castle-like / vineyard type of accommodation
- Ability to walk somewhere for a great meal. We will have a car, but I want to enjoy a decent dinner with lots of wine, so not having to drive at times would be great.
- Something to explore in the area, i.e. we are thinking about a day trip to Sienna, and may be some other towns.
Budget around 150-180 euros a night.
This is the type of place we are after: http://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Hotel_Review-g652040-d267414-Reviews-Villa_Campestri_Olive_Oil_Resort-Vicchio_Tuscany.html
It's just not in the right region.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 2 Barcelona alternative
- 3 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 8 God Save the Queen?
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 11 Italy Car Scam
- 12 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Iceland early december visit
- 15 Paris to Italy
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 18 8 Days in Spain
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 23 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 24 Milan or Turin
- 25 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice