I thought I won't flood my other topic about Positano, and start a different one.
So we are in Paris and Italy for a month for our honeymoon, and plan on spending 3 nights in Tuscany country side.
At the moment we are deciding between staying in Chianti vs Val d'Orcia. Both are charming...
Here is what we are after:
- Stunning country side, a castle-like / vineyard type of accommodation
- Ability to walk somewhere for a great meal. We will have a car, but I want to enjoy a decent dinner with lots of wine, so not having to drive at times would be great.
- Something to explore in the area, i.e. we are thinking about a day trip to Sienna, and may be some other towns.
Budget around 150-180 euros a night.
This is the type of place we are after: http://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Hotel_Review-g652040-d267414-Reviews-Villa_Campestri_Olive_Oil_Resort-Vicchio_Tuscany.html
It's just not in the right region.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 2 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 3 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 4 Italy in January?
- 5 2 days in Lugano area
- 6 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 7 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 8 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 9 Half day in Côte d'Azur
- 10 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 11 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 12 Trouble Getting from Tours to Orly
- 13 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 14 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 15 Scotland in December
- 16 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 17 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 18 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 19 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 20 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 21 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 22 10 days in London in early December
- 23 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 24 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!