I thought I won't flood my other topic about Positano, and start a different one.
So we are in Paris and Italy for a month for our honeymoon, and plan on spending 3 nights in Tuscany country side.
At the moment we are deciding between staying in Chianti vs Val d'Orcia. Both are charming...
Here is what we are after:
- Stunning country side, a castle-like / vineyard type of accommodation
- Ability to walk somewhere for a great meal. We will have a car, but I want to enjoy a decent dinner with lots of wine, so not having to drive at times would be great.
- Something to explore in the area, i.e. we are thinking about a day trip to Sienna, and may be some other towns.
Budget around 150-180 euros a night.
This is the type of place we are after: http://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Hotel_Review-g652040-d267414-Reviews-Villa_Campestri_Olive_Oil_Resort-Vicchio_Tuscany.html
It's just not in the right region.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 2 House Hunting in France
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 If you had to choose one......
- 5 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 6 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 7 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 8 Itinerary Tweaking
- 9 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 10 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 11 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 12 Ireland in April
- 13 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 14 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 17 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 18 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 19 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 20 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 21 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 22 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 23 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 24 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 25 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?