I thought I won't flood my other topic about Positano, and start a different one.
So we are in Paris and Italy for a month for our honeymoon, and plan on spending 3 nights in Tuscany country side.
At the moment we are deciding between staying in Chianti vs Val d'Orcia. Both are charming...
Here is what we are after:
- Stunning country side, a castle-like / vineyard type of accommodation
- Ability to walk somewhere for a great meal. We will have a car, but I want to enjoy a decent dinner with lots of wine, so not having to drive at times would be great.
- Something to explore in the area, i.e. we are thinking about a day trip to Sienna, and may be some other towns.
Budget around 150-180 euros a night.
This is the type of place we are after: http://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Hotel_Review-g652040-d267414-Reviews-Villa_Campestri_Olive_Oil_Resort-Vicchio_Tuscany.html
It's just not in the right region.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 2 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 3 Self drive tour companies
- 4 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 5 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 6 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 7 St Denis Cathedral
- 8 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 9 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 10 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 11 Praiano
- 12 No Periods in British Written English!
- 13 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 14 Help please
- 15 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 18 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 19 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 20 Rome to venice
- 21 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 22 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 24 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 25 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy