I thought I won't flood my other topic about Positano, and start a different one.
So we are in Paris and Italy for a month for our honeymoon, and plan on spending 3 nights in Tuscany country side.
At the moment we are deciding between staying in Chianti vs Val d'Orcia. Both are charming...
Here is what we are after:
- Stunning country side, a castle-like / vineyard type of accommodation
- Ability to walk somewhere for a great meal. We will have a car, but I want to enjoy a decent dinner with lots of wine, so not having to drive at times would be great.
- Something to explore in the area, i.e. we are thinking about a day trip to Sienna, and may be some other towns.
Budget around 150-180 euros a night.
This is the type of place we are after: http://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Hotel_Review-g652040-d267414-Reviews-Villa_Campestri_Olive_Oil_Resort-Vicchio_Tuscany.html
It's just not in the right region.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Versailles
- 2 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 5 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 6 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 7 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 8 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 9 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 10 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 11 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 12 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 13 Germany train help!
- 14 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise
- 15 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 16 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 17 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 18 Acorn TV
- 19 Train help for Prague
- 20 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 21 Sicily
- 22 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 25 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016