I just want to start off by thanking everyone for the wealth of knowledge that is shared on this forum, esp for international travel newbies such as myself i've planned an entire 2 week trip to Italy using this site (and think Ive done a darn good job too! lol)
Anyway, I would like to finally ask a question. If this is a silly idea, just lay it out there for me I know there are a million other ways to do what I'm thinking.
So my best friend and I are both 25 and will be in Florence for four nights in early October. One of those days we plan to take a SITA bus into one of the wine regions. Ideally (in our little Italian-vacation fantasy) we would rent bicycles and stop by 2 - 3 winerys for tastings, and maybe a small hour or two long tour at one. I fully understand that Tuscany is very hilly (we are pretty fit) and that the distances may be large. I have google mapped a couple of winerys to see what distances we would be looking at, and I have found a couple that are about 5 km apart... not bad at all in my opinion!
So my question is... For those of you who have actually SEEN Tuscany, is renting a bicycle and riding around to winerys even logical? Or is this too far fetched? The idea of a wine tour on a bus doesnt really suit us, but some of the horse back rides have caught my eye, but to a much lesser extent than the biking. Has anyone used any of the rental shops, or have suggestions for towns or esp winerys to visit?
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP @printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 3 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 4 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 5 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 6 Studying art in English in venice
- 7 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 8 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 9 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 10 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 11 Trogir or Split
- 12 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 13 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 14 Scotland
- 15 Hotels in Turin
- 16 Berlin to ?
- 17 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 18 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 19 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 20 Istria in two days
- 21 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 22 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 23 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 24 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 25 Scotland itinerary help