I just want to start off by thanking everyone for the wealth of knowledge that is shared on this forum, esp for international travel newbies such as myself i've planned an entire 2 week trip to Italy using this site (and think Ive done a darn good job too! lol)
Anyway, I would like to finally ask a question. If this is a silly idea, just lay it out there for me I know there are a million other ways to do what I'm thinking.
So my best friend and I are both 25 and will be in Florence for four nights in early October. One of those days we plan to take a SITA bus into one of the wine regions. Ideally (in our little Italian-vacation fantasy) we would rent bicycles and stop by 2 - 3 winerys for tastings, and maybe a small hour or two long tour at one. I fully understand that Tuscany is very hilly (we are pretty fit) and that the distances may be large. I have google mapped a couple of winerys to see what distances we would be looking at, and I have found a couple that are about 5 km apart... not bad at all in my opinion!
So my question is... For those of you who have actually SEEN Tuscany, is renting a bicycle and riding around to winerys even logical? Or is this too far fetched? The idea of a wine tour on a bus doesnt really suit us, but some of the horse back rides have caught my eye, but to a much lesser extent than the biking. Has anyone used any of the rental shops, or have suggestions for towns or esp winerys to visit?
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 2 PARIS
- 3 Where should I go with my family?
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 Stu Tower
- 6 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 7 Trains in Italy
- 8 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 9 Tour or self drive Douro?
- 10 Which Hotel in Rome
- 11 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 12 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 13 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 14 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 15 First Solo Adventure
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 18 SE ITALY
- 19 First Solo Adventure
- 20 Crete Holiday
- 21 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 22 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?
- 23 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 24 Montreux Riviera public transport pass
- 25 Alitala