I was planning a trip to tuscany for May but now have the opportunity to go to Oktoberfest so deciding if i should add Tuscany to that trip. I know its a bit far but coming from Canada that is not a big deal to me.
My pros for Tuscany in late September is the truffles and porcini mushrooms. The cons are plowed fields and empty vineyards. I was in tuscany in early sept. 2012 and had a hard time finding truffles (we had to travel to Umbria to get them)
My questions are
1. when do most fields change from lush green to brown dirt?
2. when does the porcini and truffle season kick off
Thanks for any help photos would be a great way to get an idea
Thanks again folders family
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 2 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 3 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 4 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 5 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 6 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 9 London 6 day itinerary
- 10 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 11 Sim Cards
- 12 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 13 London in Winter Report
- 14 Portugal rental car
- 15 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 16 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan
- 17 IWM
- 18 London Hotel - Different Request
- 19 Seville to Cordoba
- 20 3 nights in Madrid
- 21 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 22 Travelling Iceland
- 23 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 24 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 25 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples