I was planning a trip to tuscany for May but now have the opportunity to go to Oktoberfest so deciding if i should add Tuscany to that trip. I know its a bit far but coming from Canada that is not a big deal to me.
My pros for Tuscany in late September is the truffles and porcini mushrooms. The cons are plowed fields and empty vineyards. I was in tuscany in early sept. 2012 and had a hard time finding truffles (we had to travel to Umbria to get them)
My questions are
1. when do most fields change from lush green to brown dirt?
2. when does the porcini and truffle season kick off
Thanks for any help photos would be a great way to get an idea
Thanks again folders family
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 2 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 3 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 4 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 5 What fresh hell is this?
- 6 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 7 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 11 Which Train Station in Venice
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 Greek Village
- 15 Berlin
- 16 Bordeaux to Nice
- 17 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 SE ITALY
- 20 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 21 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 22 One free day in Barcelona
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 25 Possible French strike on 9/21