I was planning a trip to tuscany for May but now have the opportunity to go to Oktoberfest so deciding if i should add Tuscany to that trip. I know its a bit far but coming from Canada that is not a big deal to me.
My pros for Tuscany in late September is the truffles and porcini mushrooms. The cons are plowed fields and empty vineyards. I was in tuscany in early sept. 2012 and had a hard time finding truffles (we had to travel to Umbria to get them)
My questions are
1. when do most fields change from lush green to brown dirt?
2. when does the porcini and truffle season kick off
Thanks for any help photos would be a great way to get an idea
Thanks again folders family
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 2 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 3 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 4 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 5 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 6 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 7 Getting around London
- 8 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 9 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 10 Andalucia Spain
- 11 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 12 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 13 Vigo Spain????
- 14 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 15 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 16 Paris in August
- 17 SURPRISE TRIP
- 18 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 Visiting Zurich
- 21 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 22 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 24 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 25 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain