My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Tuscan Time Frames and trains.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scottish Passport
- 2 Netflix has expanded to 6 new countries today.
- 3 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 4 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 5 See You In Minsk
- 6 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 7 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 8 Florence Hotel Advice
- 9 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 10 Italy tours
- 11 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 12 Air France strike
- 13 Why I can't make train seat reservation from Dresden to Berlin
- 14 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 15 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 16 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 17 Paris to Chantilly transportation question
- 18 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 19 Best day trips from Paris
- 20 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 21 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 22 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 23 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 24 Good Loire Valley 2 day tour group? Or also do Mt. St Michel?
- 25 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s