My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 Days in Spain
- 2 God Save the Queen?
- 3 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 6 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 7 Frankfurt to UK
- 8 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 9 Barcelona alternative
- 10 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 11 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 14 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 15 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 16 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 17 Iceland
- 18 Paris to Italy
- 19 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 20 Milan or Turin
- 21 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily