My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Tuscan Time Frames and trains.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need advice for this
- 2 Welcome
- 3 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 4 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 5 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 6 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 7 one last portugal car rental question
- 8 Train: Bordeaux to San Sebastian
- 9 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 10 Day trip from London to Paris
- 11 Prague - Tram #22
- 12 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 13 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 14 RentalCars.com: Is it a reliable company?
- 15 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 16 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 17 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 18 hotels in Seville
- 19 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 20 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 21 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 22 A drive in Europe
- 23 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 24 nearby cities to london
- 25 Edinburgh To St. Andrews