My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Tuscan Time Frames and trains.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 2 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 3 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 4 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 5 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 6 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 7 Reykjavik hotels
- 8 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 9 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 10 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 11 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 12 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 13 Norway 2014
- 14 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 15 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 16 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 17 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 18 I dream of Europe
- 19 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 20 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 21 First Time to UK since 2001
- 22 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 23 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 24 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 25 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report