My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 2 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 3 Rental car in Menton
- 4 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 5 Planning a trip to Florence, Italy
- 6 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 7 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 8 Help with Off Exploring blog
- 9 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 10 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 11 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 12 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 13 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 14 7 days in Greece
- 15 Paris cooking classes
- 16 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 17 Canal du Midi
- 18 Family vacation to europe
- 19 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 20 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 21 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 22 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 23 Italy
- 24 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?