My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 air conditioning
- 2 Trip Report: Berlin
- 3 Spain (Ibiza or Majorca)
- 4 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 5 Interesting new site in Utrecht
- 6 Ann Frank House
- 7 Barcelona Itinerary
- 8 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 9 Munich to Milan via train
- 10 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 11 cable cars at Wank Mountain
- 12 Paris Visite pass
- 13 Cheap buses in Germany/Austria
- 14 Need help with Switzerland and Italy iterinary
- 15 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 16 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 17 Turkey Draft Itinerary
- 18 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 19 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 20 Barcelona sites: attire
- 21 Self-driving in Iceland
- 22 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 23 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 24 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 25 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city