My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Tuscan Time Frames and trains.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fabulous Family Fearlesly Meet Lykians (reprint of 2010 trip)
- 2 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 3 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 4 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 5 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 6 Madrid and London
- 7 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 8 What to wear
- 9 italy
- 10 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 11 Side trip from Geneva
- 12 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 13 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 14 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 15 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 16 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 17 7 Nights in Paris
- 18 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 19 21 Days in Central Europe
- 20 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 21 Travel & Landscape Photography from around the world
- 22 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 23 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 24 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 25 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale