My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Tuscan Time Frames and trains.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam - Paris - Barcelona
- 2 Italy things to do?
- 3 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 4 Croacia in october
- 5 Are taxis easily obtained at the train station in Florence?
- 6 How to do St. Petersburg in 24 or 48 hours with no visa?
- 7 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 8 Stay away from EF Tours
- 9 Sky diving in Barcelona
- 10 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 11 Question on trip (Travelling to different countries)
- 12 Interesting Article About Capitaine Train
- 13 August highway traffic problems in Italy???
- 14 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 15 Getting From Italy to London
- 16 Spending money in Italy?
- 17 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 18 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 19 Down in the River To Say "Bore Da": Wales May/June 2014
- 20 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 21 rome and pompei
- 22 URGENT: Corte Del Poggio, Perugia Cooking School info req.
- 23 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 24 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 25 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace