My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Tuscan Time Frames and trains.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Teaching English in Europe or Asia
- 2 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 3 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 4 Amsterdam: the food : tip report day 1
- 5 CNN votes Utrecht the worlds best cycling city
- 6 23 days in Italy - itenerary HELP
- 7 What should we eat in Portugal?
- 8 spain
- 9 Help with Madrid Location
- 10 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 11 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 12 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 13 Cornwall or Paris?
- 14 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 15 2 full days in Paris
- 16 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 17 Good Paris Self-guided Walking Tour Book?
- 18 where to stay dolomites Italy
- 19 There's No Place Like London: Part 2
- 20 Help for San Sebastian
- 21 Need advice on itinerary for Germany
- 22 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 23 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 24 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 25 2 Days in Rome