My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Azores
- 2 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 3 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 4 Connection time in Athens?
- 5 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 6 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 7 Short Trip in July
- 8 Ludwig Castles
- 9 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 10 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 11 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 12 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 13 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 14 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 15 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 16 Escorted Tours
- 17 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 18 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 19 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 20 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 21 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 22 2 Months in Sicily
- 23 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 24 What tips can you give about packing?
- 25 Le Marche, Italy