My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 2 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 3 What to take to Germany
- 4 4 week trip Turkey
- 5 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 6 Advices about our itiniary
- 7 Paris Under Seige...
- 8 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 9 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 10 Seeking Croatia/Slovenia planning assistance
- 11 First trip to Italy-2 weeks with a 9 year old
- 12 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 13 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 14 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 15 Private transportation
- 16 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 17 Scotland Trip
- 18 Suggestions for travel
- 19 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 20 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 21 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 22 Holiday in Austria
- 23 Suggest the best land-based casino in Central London
- 24 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 25 Italy with my 22 year old son