My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Tuscan Time Frames and trains.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tight Transfer at Gatwick
- 2 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 3 Renting an apt.
- 4 Brussels/Bruges and Berlin in April
- 5 Northern Italy Planner's Block -- Help!
- 6 Best london location to stay?
- 7 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 8 Using magnetic-strip ATM card to withdraw cash from Eurozone ATM
- 9 A guide to Madrid
- 10 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 11 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 12 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 13 VIGO, SPAIN
- 14 Looking for an agriturismo in Val d'Orcia area
- 15 Best place to base in Côte d'Azûr
- 16 Potential trip - Balkans
- 17 Scotland and northern England
- 18 Things to do round Potes, Picos de Europa
- 19 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 20 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 21 Bus Croatia
- 22 Paris Accomodation, Which District
- 23 Chilling in Iceland (but not yet).
- 24 April in Madrid
- 25 Euro Travel Quiz # 41 - Food for Thought!