My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 2 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 3 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 4 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 5 Northern Spain
- 6 Free walking tours in Budapest and Prague
- 7 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 8 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 9 Livorno shore excursion 3 choices ?
- 10 The Best of Paris Oct 12 -18th 2015
- 11 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 12 explore Italy on a budget
- 13 Itenerary Opinion
- 14 Time to go through customs London, Stansted
- 15 Driving through French Alps to Italy
- 16 The Best beach in Europe
- 17 Locations of apartment in Seville
- 18 Transportation
- 19 Madrid to Paris by car in January 2016
- 20 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
- 21 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 22 Parking in Alhambra for two days
- 23 7 day Itinerary Input Please - Switzerland
- 24 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 25 Rome Italy