My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Tuscan Time Frames and trains.
- 1 Caerhays Castle and a self catering option
- 2 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 3 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 4 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 5 Two weeks or so in Belgium and Netherlands
- 6 best airport to fly out of Paris back to Toronto
- 7 Amsterdam to Paris Best Route
- 8 Gary Seckendorf - Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 9 3 days in Barcelona
- 10 Paris-Brussels-Amsterdam 7 days?
- 11 Roof Collapses on London's Crowded Appollo Theatre...
- 12 how long in Malta?
- 13 An American Solo in Paris - My itinerary (Help)
- 14 London: Open-Air Winter Swimming...Take the Plunge!
- 15 Best way to get to national rail station for 7 day paper travel cards?
- 16 DeGaulle Airport
- 17 New Year in Lisbon, Portugal
- 18 Heterogeneous Xmas in Spain
- 19 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 20 CAR RENTAL: Pick up Rome, Drop off Florence
- 21 Copenhagen public transportation
- 22 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 23 Funny questions over the years on Basque Country and Spain
- 24 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 25 1 1/2 Days in Frankfurt - Looking for Suggestions