My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best way to get from Monterosso, Cinque Terre to Pisa Airport
- 2 Train/Subway Questions
- 3 2015 Flight Prices
- 4 Hotel comes back with lower price after booking with booking dot com
- 5 Advise on where to base in Ireland for 2 week trip
- 6 Getting Around Toledo
- 7 Tour guides for Pompeii and Herculaneum
- 8 Barcelona day trip
- 9 Need help! 3 or 4 spots in Greece for a one-month family trip to Greece
- 10 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 11 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 12 Looking for music in Istanbul
- 13 Realistic? Train Rome to Chiusei, get car on a SATURDAY?
- 14 Our Next Europe Trip
- 15 Saltzburg,Nuremberg and munich
- 16 More help with Ireland Itinerary
- 17 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 18 The Barceloneta Experiment
- 19 Traveling options for Rome to Positano?
- 20 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 21 Long Weekend in Scotland for Edinburgh Fringe
- 22 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 23 Help planning 10 day trip near Brussels/Amsterdam
- 24 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli
- 25 Calm base in Italy, Beginning of October