My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Tuscan Time Frames and trains.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train tickets France and Spain
- 2 Visiting Anne Frank House
- 3 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 4 moderate price lodging in the Schliersee/Bavarian Alps area
- 5 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 6 Travel by train in Poland?
- 7 1 Night Paris before Eurostar - Where to stay
- 8 Trains Austria
- 9 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 10 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 11 Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
- 12 Segovia or Toledo day trip
- 13 Looking for Decent Beach near Marseille, France
- 14 Visiting the winemakers in Portugal
- 15 From Dingle to Dublin?
- 16 What to do in England, Wales and Scotland?
- 17 How can I use my Telus iPhone in Europe?
- 18 Piazza Navona hotel in Rome help
- 19 Croatia and Montenegro for 8 days
- 20 What do you think of this itinerary?
- 21 Hotel Royal St Honore - Paris in August
- 22 Staying in the Highlands
- 23 Taking a perscribed controlled substance to Germany.
- 24 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?
- 25 Road Trip Part 1...............Madrid To Lisbon by Auto