My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Tuscan Time Frames and trains.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Waste of money...
- 2 Is Venice really dirty?
- 3 Kids in Pubs -- N Ireland and Ireland
- 4 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 5 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..
- 6 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 7 Stereotypes about various nationalities
- 8 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 9 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 10 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 11 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 12 Shoe/boot help for Munich and Berlin
- 13 Transportation or Driver recommendations / experiences Ireland/ N Ireland
- 14 italy - france - germany
- 15 Prague, Krakow, Budapest and Vienna
- 16 Planning Europe trip
- 17 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 18 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 19 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 20 Authentic czech food
- 21 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 22 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 23 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 24 Kimhe--flamenco
- 25 Limavady, Ireland?? Where is it?