My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Tuscan Time Frames and trains.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 2 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 3 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 4 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 5 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 6 Southern Spain
- 7 Museums in Berlin
- 8 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 9 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 10 Schengen Visa Rules
- 11 Scotland November 2015
- 12 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 13 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 14 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 15 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 16 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 17 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 18 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 19 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 20 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 21 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 22 5 Observations About Paris
- 23 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 24 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 25 Amsterdam in the early 1980s