My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Tuscan Time Frames and trains.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 2 Does ticket to Delacroix allow entry to Louvre?
- 3 Any trouble using credit card on Bono Turistico Granada website?
- 4 Saone River Burgundy self-drive barge need itinerary
- 5 Help plan my honeymoon! Northern Spain, and/or Lisbon or Bordeaux
- 6 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 7 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 8 Rome Itinerary -- done my homework, please comment
- 9 UK's 6 month tourist visa
- 10 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 11 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 12 First Time in Italy 12-14 Days
- 13 Provence to Toulouse: Trip Planning Help Needed
- 14 Slow, south of france with a baby, a five year old and no driving
- 15 Suggestions for my Andalucia Itinerary
- 16 Prague to Dubrovnik Itinerary Suggestions wanted
- 17 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 18 First time in Ireland...have just 5 days to see a lot! Need advice
- 19 Como Lake for Easter weekend - is a rental car worthwhile?
- 20 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 21 Any Pros Out There on Sending FedEx from Italy to U.S.?
- 22 Hotels in old Rome
- 23 Car rental at Athens airport
- 24 DB Bahn : Budapest to Prague
- 25 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations