My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Days in Corsica
- 2 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 3 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 4 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 5 Advice for Ireland Trip (6 days)
- 6 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 7 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 8 3 weeks in France, solo and without a car: please advise!
- 9 Driving from Rome to Florence?
- 10 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 11 Beaches in Southern France
- 12 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 13 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 14 Marseille or Cassis for Day in Port?
- 15 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 16 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 17 italy itinerary
- 18 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 19 Wearing The Hijab in Slovenia???
- 20 Itinerary Help B&Bs
- 21 3 days to spend in europe
- 22 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 23 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 24 Do some cities lose their appeal after a repeat visit?
- 25 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017