My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 2 Manchester on derby weekend
- 3 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 4 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 5 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 6 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 7 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 8 Day trips from Uzes
- 9 Greece Experts
- 10 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 11 My First Trip to Europe...
- 12 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 13 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 14 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 15 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 16 Decrepit dame does Deutschland
- 17 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport
- 18 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 19 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 20 Madrid city centre?
- 21 Puglia
- 22 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 23 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 24 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 25 Layover at Orly - Versailles or Paris?