My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Tuscan Time Frames and trains.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 2 Toulouse and beyond -
- 3 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 4 Scotland
- 5 Estonia Amber
- 6 7 days in Greece
- 7 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 8 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 9 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 10 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 11 Reims for a day
- 12 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 13 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 14 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 15 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 16 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 17 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 18 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 19 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 20 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 21 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 22 Vienna highlights
- 23 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 24 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 25 accommodation woes - Sicily