My wife and I am planning a glorious return trip to Italy in Sept and are trying to decide the best use of our time when we leave Sorrento and head to Tuscany. We know we want to see Pisa/Lucca since we did not see it last time we were in Italy but we cannot decide the best way to do that and thought maybe someone that has actually experienced it might have a better idea of what we can actually do in real time.
First of all, we leave Sorrento on Tuesday to relocate and cannot decide if we should take the train into Florence and then travel on to Pisa via Lucca or if we should travel directly into Pisa. We do plan on renting a car at some point to drive around Tuscany so we could do that at that time too and then park it.
Also time-wise is it even possible to leave Sorrento in the morning and squeeeze in both Pisa and Lucca? Then finish the day staying in Cinque Terre somewhere? Possibly Vernazza? That way we could wake the following morning and spend the better part of the day touring Cinque before we head south to Volterra.
Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning roundtrip Greece
- 2 2 wk in Italy-Venice/Florence/CT/Pisa/Rome
- 3 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 4 Reservations needed for Frankfurt->Offenburg train?
- 5 Rome for a week
- 6 Shipping wine from Italy to Massachusetts
- 7 Need advice to plan a trip for graduation gift
- 8 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 9 Help! Scotland Itinerary
- 10 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 11 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 12 Ireland with teen daughter
- 13 8 day trip from Denmark to Austria and Switzerland
- 14 What's your favorite indoor passage In Paris?
- 15 Please critique my itinerary
- 16 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 17 First time in Greece
- 18 toarmina or cefalu
- 19 BritRail Pass Seat Reservation Cost
- 20 Europe Trip 22 year olds
- 21 Planning Europe itinerary
- 22 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 23 London Pass or No?
- 24 Itinerary Help For Switzerland And Lakes Region Of Italy
- 25 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime