Ok. So my husband and I have a wonderful Italian getaway planned for our 20 anniversary. We have never been before and are planning to take the train from Florence to Siena as we have an overnight stay and winery tour scheduled there . The following morning we will have car/ driver to get us to Rome. We can take our time as our only plans for that day are to get from Siena to Rome. I would love some thoughts on possible stops along the way. We have looked at maybe doing Montepulciano and Orvieto. That looks reasonable on a map, but is there something else we should do instead? We also considered going to Tivoli ( it appears to be kind of on the way.) Any great suggestions on stops, food, etc would be appreciated.
Tuscan day trip stops
View all Europe activity »
- 1 TGV and Provence questions
- 2 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 3 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 4 Car in Prague
- 5 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 6 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 7 2 Week European Itinerary
- 8 Istanbul hotels
- 9 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 10 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 11 Barcelona - Hotel Help
- 12 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 13 Rome Accommodation
- 14 To Paris and Provence in June
- 15 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 16 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 17 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 18 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 19 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 20 Family European winter holiday
- 21 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 22 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 23 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 24 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 25 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie