Ok. So my husband and I have a wonderful Italian getaway planned for our 20 anniversary. We have never been before and are planning to take the train from Florence to Siena as we have an overnight stay and winery tour scheduled there . The following morning we will have car/ driver to get us to Rome. We can take our time as our only plans for that day are to get from Siena to Rome. I would love some thoughts on possible stops along the way. We have looked at maybe doing Montepulciano and Orvieto. That looks reasonable on a map, but is there something else we should do instead? We also considered going to Tivoli ( it appears to be kind of on the way.) Any great suggestions on stops, food, etc would be appreciated.
Tuscan day trip stops
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 2 CROATIA SPLIT
- 3 Easier travel
- 4 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 5 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 6 Paris first then where?
- 7 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 8 Does this sound feasible?
- 9 Family trip to Europe - suggestions welcome
- 10 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 11 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 12 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 13 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 14 Stay away from EF Tours
- 15 bringing back some bits from Italy. What's allowed?
- 16 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 17 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 18 Self-driving tips for France
- 19 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 20 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 21 Dordogne in October
- 22 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 23 BMW European Delivery program
- 24 Driving Holiday Austria-Switzerland-Italy/Germany-Austria
- 25 Good Flamenco in Seville