Ok. So my husband and I have a wonderful Italian getaway planned for our 20 anniversary. We have never been before and are planning to take the train from Florence to Siena as we have an overnight stay and winery tour scheduled there . The following morning we will have car/ driver to get us to Rome. We can take our time as our only plans for that day are to get from Siena to Rome. I would love some thoughts on possible stops along the way. We have looked at maybe doing Montepulciano and Orvieto. That looks reasonable on a map, but is there something else we should do instead? We also considered going to Tivoli ( it appears to be kind of on the way.) Any great suggestions on stops, food, etc would be appreciated.
Tuscan day trip stops
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 2 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 3 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 4 Novels set in Greece
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 London for Christmas
- 7 Istanbul and Cappadocia in 10 days - trip report
- 8 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 9 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 10 Greek islands from Turkey
- 11 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 12 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 13 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 14 Waltz performances in Stadtpark Vienna
- 15 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 16 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 17 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 18 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 19 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 20 Dresden Train Station
- 21 Italian Lakes gardens
- 22 More help with housing in Puglia
- 23 Spain - Andalucia
- 24 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 25 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking