Ok. So my husband and I have a wonderful Italian getaway planned for our 20 anniversary. We have never been before and are planning to take the train from Florence to Siena as we have an overnight stay and winery tour scheduled there . The following morning we will have car/ driver to get us to Rome. We can take our time as our only plans for that day are to get from Siena to Rome. I would love some thoughts on possible stops along the way. We have looked at maybe doing Montepulciano and Orvieto. That looks reasonable on a map, but is there something else we should do instead? We also considered going to Tivoli ( it appears to be kind of on the way.) Any great suggestions on stops, food, etc would be appreciated.
Tuscan day trip stops
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What are the best places to see in England
- 2 Reims for a day
- 3 Indus Tours in Turkey
- 4 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 5 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 6 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 7 Estonia Amber
- 8 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 9 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 10 TRAVEL TURKEY
- 11 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 12 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 13 Bosna i Hercegovina
- 14 HOTELS IN ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- 15 Heli Tour
- 16 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 17 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 18 Suggestions for a nice hotel in Stockholm?
- 19 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 20 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 21 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 22 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 23 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 24 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 25 Tight Planning?