Ok. So my husband and I have a wonderful Italian getaway planned for our 20 anniversary. We have never been before and are planning to take the train from Florence to Siena as we have an overnight stay and winery tour scheduled there . The following morning we will have car/ driver to get us to Rome. We can take our time as our only plans for that day are to get from Siena to Rome. I would love some thoughts on possible stops along the way. We have looked at maybe doing Montepulciano and Orvieto. That looks reasonable on a map, but is there something else we should do instead? We also considered going to Tivoli ( it appears to be kind of on the way.) Any great suggestions on stops, food, etc would be appreciated.
Tuscan day trip stops
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 2 Adventurers of the Year 2015
- 3 French Basque region
- 4 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 5 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 6 Airport ATMs
- 7 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 8 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 9 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 10 Story of the German Christmas star
- 11 Amsterdam New Years Even Recommendations
- 12 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 13 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 14 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 15 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 16 All Set To Go!!
- 17 American Express
- 18 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 19 Suggestions on things to do after Sunday Roast
- 20 Help with European vacation plan
- 21 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 22 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 23 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 24 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 25 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?