Ok. So my husband and I have a wonderful Italian getaway planned for our 20 anniversary. We have never been before and are planning to take the train from Florence to Siena as we have an overnight stay and winery tour scheduled there . The following morning we will have car/ driver to get us to Rome. We can take our time as our only plans for that day are to get from Siena to Rome. I would love some thoughts on possible stops along the way. We have looked at maybe doing Montepulciano and Orvieto. That looks reasonable on a map, but is there something else we should do instead? We also considered going to Tivoli ( it appears to be kind of on the way.) Any great suggestions on stops, food, etc would be appreciated.
Tuscan day trip stops
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 2 Need Accommodation in Versailles
- 3 Looking for add on city
- 4 MXP Best Western to "The Last Supper"
- 5 Car rental Questions for Italy
- 6 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 7 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 8 Hiking in the Pyrenees - day trip from Barcelona, no car
- 9 Budapest to Bucharest (2 week trip)
- 10 Wedding In Positano Italy Sept 2014- NEED YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS
- 11 Moscow: Eat, Explore, Experience
- 12 Capri and Amalfi self-catering accommodation for 2
- 13 Taxi service in Nice
- 14 Berlin Trip Report
- 15 A1 to A12 vs. A14: Which is the easier drive from Sulmona to Mondovi?
- 16 2 month backpacking though europe
- 17 1st time in Spain w/ 3 Children 8years and under - Help with itinery please
- 18 Traveling to Bordeaux
- 19 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 20 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 21 Peugeot 107--will my luggage be visible?
- 22 Conference trip to Netherlands; help me plan free time afterward
- 23 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 24 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 25 Which hotel in Lisbon?