Ok. So my husband and I have a wonderful Italian getaway planned for our 20 anniversary. We have never been before and are planning to take the train from Florence to Siena as we have an overnight stay and winery tour scheduled there . The following morning we will have car/ driver to get us to Rome. We can take our time as our only plans for that day are to get from Siena to Rome. I would love some thoughts on possible stops along the way. We have looked at maybe doing Montepulciano and Orvieto. That looks reasonable on a map, but is there something else we should do instead? We also considered going to Tivoli ( it appears to be kind of on the way.) Any great suggestions on stops, food, etc would be appreciated.
Tuscan day trip stops
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Time Going to Europe
- 2 Hotel in Rome?
- 3 How long in Venice?
- 4 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 5 atm cards in Spain
- 6 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 7 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 8 weather in Veneto area in September
- 9 Does this itinerary work and make sense? Help!
- 10 Germany Visa for conference
- 11 Cotswolds village base
- 12 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 13 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 14 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 15 Should I book train tickets before I arrive in Switzerland ?
- 16 10 days in England
- 17 Would it be less expensive to buy a SIM card for Italy?
- 18 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 19 Passport Delays
- 20 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 21 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 22 Ukraine: witch-hunt has begun
- 23 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 24 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 25 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks