Ok. So my husband and I have a wonderful Italian getaway planned for our 20 anniversary. We have never been before and are planning to take the train from Florence to Siena as we have an overnight stay and winery tour scheduled there . The following morning we will have car/ driver to get us to Rome. We can take our time as our only plans for that day are to get from Siena to Rome. I would love some thoughts on possible stops along the way. We have looked at maybe doing Montepulciano and Orvieto. That looks reasonable on a map, but is there something else we should do instead? We also considered going to Tivoli ( it appears to be kind of on the way.) Any great suggestions on stops, food, etc would be appreciated.
Tuscan day trip stops
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon in Sicily
- 2 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 3 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 4 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 5 Solo Trip to Rome for Language School
- 6 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 7 Madrid airport at night - how to pass the time
- 8 What to wear
- 9 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 10 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 11 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 12 London neighborhood suggestions
- 13 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 14 Matisse at Tate
- 15 Best mobile operator/plan for Czech Republic + adjacent countries?
- 16 Paris 14th - Hotel Chaplain Rive Gauche, Hotel du Lion, Hotel Sophie Germain, Hotel le Nouvel Orleans
- 17 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 18 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 19 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 20 Ireland Southwest
- 21 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 22 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 23 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 24 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 25 Madrid and London