Ok. So my husband and I have a wonderful Italian getaway planned for our 20 anniversary. We have never been before and are planning to take the train from Florence to Siena as we have an overnight stay and winery tour scheduled there . The following morning we will have car/ driver to get us to Rome. We can take our time as our only plans for that day are to get from Siena to Rome. I would love some thoughts on possible stops along the way. We have looked at maybe doing Montepulciano and Orvieto. That looks reasonable on a map, but is there something else we should do instead? We also considered going to Tivoli ( it appears to be kind of on the way.) Any great suggestions on stops, food, etc would be appreciated.
Tuscan day trip stops
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh - outings?
- 2 Day Trips From Stockton-on-Tees
- 3 What to wear
- 4 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 5 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 6 London Pass - Available through AAA?
- 7 Disneyland Paris transportation
- 8 Budapest hotels - Ibis Heroes or Ibis Budapest City
- 9 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 10 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 11 7 Nights in Paris
- 12 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 13 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 14 Madrid airport at night - how to pass the time
- 15 Istanbul Itinerary
- 16 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 17 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 18 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 19 Matisse at Tate
- 20 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 21 Small Group walking tour Switzerland
- 22 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 23 American electrical gadgets
- 24 Fjords, How To?
- 25 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich