Ok. So my husband and I have a wonderful Italian getaway planned for our 20 anniversary. We have never been before and are planning to take the train from Florence to Siena as we have an overnight stay and winery tour scheduled there . The following morning we will have car/ driver to get us to Rome. We can take our time as our only plans for that day are to get from Siena to Rome. I would love some thoughts on possible stops along the way. We have looked at maybe doing Montepulciano and Orvieto. That looks reasonable on a map, but is there something else we should do instead? We also considered going to Tivoli ( it appears to be kind of on the way.) Any great suggestions on stops, food, etc would be appreciated.
Tuscan day trip stops
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 2 3 Week Europe Itinerary Help
- 3 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 4 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 5 How do you find French food?
- 6 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 7 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 8 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 9 airport hold baggage
- 10 7 Nights in Paris
- 11 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 12 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 13 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 14 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 15 Monet in Normandy
- 16 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 17 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 18 9 days in Italy - beginning in Venice
- 19 "New SAT Won’t Include Obscure Vocabulary Words"
- 20 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 21 Gargano Promontory
- 22 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 23 Santorini
- 24 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 25 SmartPhone Europe to USA