We are travelling to Florence in September/October 2016. We are planning to stay in Florence for 4 nights and then travel out into the country side and venture off the beaten track. We would like to visit some of the top wineries and towns.
Can anyone recommend a good place to stay (comfortable but not too expensive) and also some good wineries to visit in the Tuscan country side. Preferably not too far from Florence as we will need to drive back to Florence to drop off hire car before we take train to Rome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 2 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 3 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 4 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 5 Italian lakes
- 6 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 7 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 8 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 9 France, UK and Ireland
- 10 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 11 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 12 French theater in Paris
- 13 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 14 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 15 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 16 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 17 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 18 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 19 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 20 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 21 What do after Bernia Express?
- 22 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 23 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 24 Walking itinerary in England?
- 25 Rouen Tour Companies