We are travelling to Florence in September/October 2016. We are planning to stay in Florence for 4 nights and then travel out into the country side and venture off the beaten track. We would like to visit some of the top wineries and towns.
Can anyone recommend a good place to stay (comfortable but not too expensive) and also some good wineries to visit in the Tuscan country side. Preferably not too far from Florence as we will need to drive back to Florence to drop off hire car before we take train to Rome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 2 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 3 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 4 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 5 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 6 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 7 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 8 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 9 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 10 Spain: train/rental car help
- 11 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 12 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 13 Highclare Castle
- 14 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 15 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 16 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 17 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 18 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 19 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 20 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 21 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 22 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 23 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 24 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 25 Salzburg itinerary review