We are travelling to Florence in September/October 2016. We are planning to stay in Florence for 4 nights and then travel out into the country side and venture off the beaten track. We would like to visit some of the top wineries and towns.
Can anyone recommend a good place to stay (comfortable but not too expensive) and also some good wineries to visit in the Tuscan country side. Preferably not too far from Florence as we will need to drive back to Florence to drop off hire car before we take train to Rome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 2 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 3 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 4 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 5 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 6 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 7 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 8 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 9 Do most people find a place to pitch a tent, tour europe
- 10 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 11 Cinqueterre
- 12 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 13 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 14 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 15 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 16 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 17 YIKES!
- 18 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 19 Final Four
- 20 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 21 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 22 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 23 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 24 Cash machines ATM
- 25 ideas for four days in Reykjavic