Trying to plan out the middle of our honeymoon trip through Italy. My husband and I will be leaving Florence in the morning on June 14th and picking up a rental car, which we'll then drive to our home base of either Montalcino or Siena. We'll have the remainder of that day plus two full days to explore before hopping back in the car to drive down to Positano.
Where would you suggest we stay - Montalcino or Siena? Or is there another option I haven't uncovered in my research? We will have hit Rome & Florence beforehand, so I'm trying to stay away from another city vibe, but also want to be able to go out for our dinners without worrying about a designated driver getting us home (aka walking distance to a town would be great). We're looking to do at least one vineyard tour while there.
Any preferences either way? Or new suggestions? And if so, any suggestions where to stay / tours to take / restaurants to try?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 2 Ballet Bolshoi
- 3 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 4 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 5 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 6 Le Marche, Italy
- 7 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 8 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 9 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 10 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 11 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 12 Trains France/Switzerland
- 13 fear of driving in rome!
- 14 Italy trains question
- 15 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 16 Best/Most Scenic Route to Annecy, France from Amsterdam
- 17 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 18 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 19 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 20 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 21 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 22 European Championship
- 23 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 24 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 25 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)