Trying to plan out the middle of our honeymoon trip through Italy. My husband and I will be leaving Florence in the morning on June 14th and picking up a rental car, which we'll then drive to our home base of either Montalcino or Siena. We'll have the remainder of that day plus two full days to explore before hopping back in the car to drive down to Positano.
Where would you suggest we stay - Montalcino or Siena? Or is there another option I haven't uncovered in my research? We will have hit Rome & Florence beforehand, so I'm trying to stay away from another city vibe, but also want to be able to go out for our dinners without worrying about a designated driver getting us home (aka walking distance to a town would be great). We're looking to do at least one vineyard tour while there.
Any preferences either way? Or new suggestions? And if so, any suggestions where to stay / tours to take / restaurants to try?
Tuscan Base: Montalcino vs. Siena
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 2 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 3 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 4 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 5 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 6 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 7 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 8 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 9 Reims for a day
- 10 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 11 Toulouse and beyond -
- 12 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 13 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 14 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 15 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 16 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 17 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 18 getting on highway from Avignon TVG Europcar rental place
- 19 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 20 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 21 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 22 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 23 Munich with a car?
- 24 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 25 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy