Trying to plan out the middle of our honeymoon trip through Italy. My husband and I will be leaving Florence in the morning on June 14th and picking up a rental car, which we'll then drive to our home base of either Montalcino or Siena. We'll have the remainder of that day plus two full days to explore before hopping back in the car to drive down to Positano.
Where would you suggest we stay - Montalcino or Siena? Or is there another option I haven't uncovered in my research? We will have hit Rome & Florence beforehand, so I'm trying to stay away from another city vibe, but also want to be able to go out for our dinners without worrying about a designated driver getting us home (aka walking distance to a town would be great). We're looking to do at least one vineyard tour while there.
Any preferences either way? Or new suggestions? And if so, any suggestions where to stay / tours to take / restaurants to try?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 2 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 3 http://utrimcleanseblog.com/exoslim/
- 4 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 5 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 6 To do afternoon of arrival in London
- 7 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 8 MiFi in Italy
- 9 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 10 One quick week -- where in France?
- 11 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 12 Guides - Matera
- 13 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 14 Spain Itinerary Help
- 15 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 16 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 17 Ravello to Paestum
- 18 Private Guide for Anhambra in Granada
- 19 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 20 Girona and Besalau
- 21 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 22 London Itinerary and Questions
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 4 flats for a month in Ireland
- 25 Switzerland and Northern Italy