Trying to plan out the middle of our honeymoon trip through Italy. My husband and I will be leaving Florence in the morning on June 14th and picking up a rental car, which we'll then drive to our home base of either Montalcino or Siena. We'll have the remainder of that day plus two full days to explore before hopping back in the car to drive down to Positano.
Where would you suggest we stay - Montalcino or Siena? Or is there another option I haven't uncovered in my research? We will have hit Rome & Florence beforehand, so I'm trying to stay away from another city vibe, but also want to be able to go out for our dinners without worrying about a designated driver getting us home (aka walking distance to a town would be great). We're looking to do at least one vineyard tour while there.
Any preferences either way? Or new suggestions? And if so, any suggestions where to stay / tours to take / restaurants to try?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 2 Warsaw Hotel Questions
- 3 Backpacking/Train Travel in Europe
- 4 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 5 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 6 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 7 Italy - best two central locations
- 8 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 9 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 10 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 11 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 12 Lisbon Rental Car Pickup Location
- 13 Another Book List for Italy
- 14 Flight to London - Discount Airlines?
- 15 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 16 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 17 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 18 Where to spend Easter in Portugal
- 19 Azores - Which Islands to Visit?
- 20 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 21 Caught by a Speed Camera in a Rental Car???
- 22 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 23 Classical Music in Milan
- 24 Istanbul tour guides?
- 25 Anyone been to Ikaria, Greece?