Trying to plan out the middle of our honeymoon trip through Italy. My husband and I will be leaving Florence in the morning on June 14th and picking up a rental car, which we'll then drive to our home base of either Montalcino or Siena. We'll have the remainder of that day plus two full days to explore before hopping back in the car to drive down to Positano.
Where would you suggest we stay - Montalcino or Siena? Or is there another option I haven't uncovered in my research? We will have hit Rome & Florence beforehand, so I'm trying to stay away from another city vibe, but also want to be able to go out for our dinners without worrying about a designated driver getting us home (aka walking distance to a town would be great). We're looking to do at least one vineyard tour while there.
Any preferences either way? Or new suggestions? And if so, any suggestions where to stay / tours to take / restaurants to try?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 2 Puglia
- 3 Itinerary help please!
- 4 Dover queues
- 5 AVE train tickets questions.
- 6 Manchester on derby weekend
- 7 Naples or Genoa
- 8 Visiting the Black Forest
- 9 Barcelona to Morocco
- 10 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 11 France to stop making foie grois
- 12 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 13 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 14 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 15 Car hire
- 16 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 17 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 18 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 19 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 20 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 21 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 22 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 23 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 24 http://www.supplementadvise.com/cla-safflower-oil/
- 25 Nice village, good restaurant, between Bologna and Florence?