Trying to plan out the middle of our honeymoon trip through Italy. My husband and I will be leaving Florence in the morning on June 14th and picking up a rental car, which we'll then drive to our home base of either Montalcino or Siena. We'll have the remainder of that day plus two full days to explore before hopping back in the car to drive down to Positano.
Where would you suggest we stay - Montalcino or Siena? Or is there another option I haven't uncovered in my research? We will have hit Rome & Florence beforehand, so I'm trying to stay away from another city vibe, but also want to be able to go out for our dinners without worrying about a designated driver getting us home (aka walking distance to a town would be great). We're looking to do at least one vineyard tour while there.
Any preferences either way? Or new suggestions? And if so, any suggestions where to stay / tours to take / restaurants to try?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 2 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 3 base for Andalucia
- 4 barcelona neighborhood
- 5 Private Guide in Lyon
- 6 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 10 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 11 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 12 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 13 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 14 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 15 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 16 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 17 Regarding Residence Permit
- 18 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 19 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 20 Tracking the Weather
- 21 Les Invalides Night Show
- 22 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 23 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 24 Which Day?
- 25 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto