Trying to plan out the middle of our honeymoon trip through Italy. My husband and I will be leaving Florence in the morning on June 14th and picking up a rental car, which we'll then drive to our home base of either Montalcino or Siena. We'll have the remainder of that day plus two full days to explore before hopping back in the car to drive down to Positano.
Where would you suggest we stay - Montalcino or Siena? Or is there another option I haven't uncovered in my research? We will have hit Rome & Florence beforehand, so I'm trying to stay away from another city vibe, but also want to be able to go out for our dinners without worrying about a designated driver getting us home (aka walking distance to a town would be great). We're looking to do at least one vineyard tour while there.
Any preferences either way? Or new suggestions? And if so, any suggestions where to stay / tours to take / restaurants to try?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 2 Exchange: pros & cons?
- 3 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 4 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 5 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 6 Skye to Edinburgh
- 7 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 8 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 9 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 10 Flat in London
- 11 Trip to Rome
- 12 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 13 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 14 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 15 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 16 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 17 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 18 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 19 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 20 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 21 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 22 One night in Rome
- 23 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 24 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 25 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162