My best friend and I (both in our late 20's) are taking a 2 week trip to Turkey the 1st 2 weeks of June.
We will spend time in Istanbul before heading down to the so called Turquoise Coast and I would love and appreciate any tips for getting around.
I have yet to decide where to base ourselves. The options of Marmais and Bodrum are not appealing to me, with the congestion and crowds...but we don't want to be anywhere too sleepy as we will likely dine and go out for drinks nightly looking to mingle with other travellers and locals.
My 2 big questions are:
1) Is car rental the best option for being able to explore towns, beaches and ruins?
2) I see mixed opinions of Gulet cruises. I LOVE the idea of taking 3 nights to explore the waters, but if they are dangerous or dirty I am not game for this. Do they ever dock in a town for the night so we can get on land for restaurants and exploration?
Thanks so much for any help given!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 2 Tuscany in late Oct / early Nov 2016?
- 3 Currency
- 4 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 5 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 6 Another "Beware of Cab RipOff" Story
- 7 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 8 Breakfast: London
- 9 Amsterdam/Indonesian restaurants
- 10 Montpellier to Arles
- 11 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 12 Anybody rented from Allure-Apart?
- 13 Loire Valley itinerary
- 14 Sightseeing Around Belgrade, Serbia
- 15 Suggested Itinerary Low Countries, Scotland, Enfland Lake district
- 16 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 17 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 18 5 minutes to change trains in La Spezia???
- 19 Europe Itinerary
- 20 Overstaying 90 day Schengen stay limit
- 21 Where To Buy Caffeine Capsules/Pills In Nice, France
- 22 Poland Tour Group
- 23 5 Irish in Amsterdam, Dresden, Berlin
- 24 10 nights in Italy for a first timer
- 25 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia