My best friend and I (both in our late 20's) are taking a 2 week trip to Turkey the 1st 2 weeks of June.
We will spend time in Istanbul before heading down to the so called Turquoise Coast and I would love and appreciate any tips for getting around.
I have yet to decide where to base ourselves. The options of Marmais and Bodrum are not appealing to me, with the congestion and crowds...but we don't want to be anywhere too sleepy as we will likely dine and go out for drinks nightly looking to mingle with other travellers and locals.
My 2 big questions are:
1) Is car rental the best option for being able to explore towns, beaches and ruins?
2) I see mixed opinions of Gulet cruises. I LOVE the idea of taking 3 nights to explore the waters, but if they are dangerous or dirty I am not game for this. Do they ever dock in a town for the night so we can get on land for restaurants and exploration?
Thanks so much for any help given!
Turquoise Coast - to rent a car? to take a Gulet ride?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 2 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 3 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 4 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 5 All Set To Go!!
- 6 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 7 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 8 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 9 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 10 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 11 22 year olds in Europe
- 12 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 13 Granada
- 14 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 15 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 16 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 17 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 18 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 19 Coffee in Naples
- 20 A Sardinia trip report
- 21 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 22 First time Ireland trip
- 23 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 24 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice
- 25 Spain and Portugal in Depth