My best friend and I (both in our late 20's) are taking a 2 week trip to Turkey the 1st 2 weeks of June.
We will spend time in Istanbul before heading down to the so called Turquoise Coast and I would love and appreciate any tips for getting around.
I have yet to decide where to base ourselves. The options of Marmais and Bodrum are not appealing to me, with the congestion and crowds...but we don't want to be anywhere too sleepy as we will likely dine and go out for drinks nightly looking to mingle with other travellers and locals.
My 2 big questions are:
1) Is car rental the best option for being able to explore towns, beaches and ruins?
2) I see mixed opinions of Gulet cruises. I LOVE the idea of taking 3 nights to explore the waters, but if they are dangerous or dirty I am not game for this. Do they ever dock in a town for the night so we can get on land for restaurants and exploration?
Thanks so much for any help given!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 2 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 3 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 4 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 5 Scotland Trip Report
- 6 Athens International airport
- 7 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 8 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 9 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 10 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 11 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 12 Cinqueterre
- 13 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 14 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 15 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 16 Road trip Italy
- 17 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 18 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 19 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 20 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 21 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 22 Hilton CPH no loner
- 23 travel around Spain
- 24 French Wedding
- 25 Best way to walk up Gianicolo hill Rome