My best friend and I (both in our late 20's) are taking a 2 week trip to Turkey the 1st 2 weeks of June.
We will spend time in Istanbul before heading down to the so called Turquoise Coast and I would love and appreciate any tips for getting around.
I have yet to decide where to base ourselves. The options of Marmais and Bodrum are not appealing to me, with the congestion and crowds...but we don't want to be anywhere too sleepy as we will likely dine and go out for drinks nightly looking to mingle with other travellers and locals.
My 2 big questions are:
1) Is car rental the best option for being able to explore towns, beaches and ruins?
2) I see mixed opinions of Gulet cruises. I LOVE the idea of taking 3 nights to explore the waters, but if they are dangerous or dirty I am not game for this. Do they ever dock in a town for the night so we can get on land for restaurants and exploration?
Thanks so much for any help given!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 2 Capri in July
- 3 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 4 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 5 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 6 help with Italy itinerary
- 7 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 8 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 9 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 12 Driving in Portugal with car rented in Spain
- 13 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 14 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 15 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 16 Spain or Portugal for a Beach Vacation?
- 17 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 18 Barcelona with baby
- 19 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 20 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 21 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 22 Norway fjord
- 23 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 24 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 25 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip