I have a nine hour layover in Istanbul in both directions en route from Boston to Cape Town coming up. On the way out, I arrive in Turkey at 4:25pm (Sunday) and on the way back, I arrive in Turkey at 5:20am (Sunday). Is it worth getting out into the city to explore? I can get my Visa online to save myself some time. I am a single traveler and would rather go eat and see some sights than sit in a terminal for hours on end, trying to stay awake (my flight to Africa leaves at 1am). I usually carry-on my luggage, is there a place to leave it for the time being so I don’t have to lug it around the city or should I just check my luggage and hope for the best?
Suggestions on getting around and what to see/do would be most helpful! I am familiar with Uber as I drive for them here in Boston, but do they have that in Turkey? Turkish Bath worth the time/money? I assume the market will be closed on both days, but I wouldn’t want to waste time not seeing some of the sights! Also, should I bother getting some Lira? I don’t typically carry cash, but I will have Rand on me which is obviously no use to me in Europe!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.drozhealthblog.com/luna-bella-serum/
- 2 나눔파워볼 ● 연결 : pwn22.com.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 3 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 4 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 5 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 6 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 7 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 8 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 9 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 11 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 12 16 days in France and Italy
- 13 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 14 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 15 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 16 Avoid Europcar!
- 17 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 18 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 19 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 20 quickest way to Prague
- 21 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 22 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 23 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 24 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 25 Amsterdam