I have a nine hour layover in Istanbul in both directions en route from Boston to Cape Town coming up. On the way out, I arrive in Turkey at 4:25pm (Sunday) and on the way back, I arrive in Turkey at 5:20am (Sunday). Is it worth getting out into the city to explore? I can get my Visa online to save myself some time. I am a single traveler and would rather go eat and see some sights than sit in a terminal for hours on end, trying to stay awake (my flight to Africa leaves at 1am). I usually carry-on my luggage, is there a place to leave it for the time being so I don’t have to lug it around the city or should I just check my luggage and hope for the best?
Suggestions on getting around and what to see/do would be most helpful! I am familiar with Uber as I drive for them here in Boston, but do they have that in Turkey? Turkish Bath worth the time/money? I assume the market will be closed on both days, but I wouldn’t want to waste time not seeing some of the sights! Also, should I bother getting some Lira? I don’t typically carry cash, but I will have Rand on me which is obviously no use to me in Europe!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.ifirmationantiagingcream.com/rejuvonus-fr/
- 2 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 3 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 4 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 5 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 6 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 7 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 8 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 9 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 10 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 11 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 12 Croatia transportation question.
- 13 Cutback on Spain trip
- 14 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 where to stay in London?
- 17 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 18 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 19 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 20 Trip Report: Barcelona, Costa Brava, & Northern Catalonia
- 21 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 22 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 23 driving from ancona to rome
- 24 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 25 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London