I'm leaving for Turkey in a couple of days, and would love some shopping advice here. I visited Istanbul a few years back, fell totally in love with the Iznik tiles and other ceramic objects. As I was only in Istanbul, I managed to buy a small tile from a shop in the Grand Bazaar. However, on this forthcoming trip I'll have 3 weeks around the country. The guidebooks say that Kutahya is the ceramic center, while not much is left at Iznik. Will I find Iznik stuff at Kutahya? Would the price be significantly better outside Istanbul? Any hints would be apreciated.
Turkish Ceramic Tiles
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 2 What to wear
- 3 London neighborhood suggestions
- 4 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 5 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 6 What to see along the Welsh coast?
- 7 Buying Masks in Venice
- 8 TJ Maxx is selling masks from Venice!
- 9 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 10 Mask Making in Venice
- 11 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 12 Dublin Airport Hotel : Located at the airport, not close by
- 13 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 14 Fashion for larger man?
- 15 Eating in France-two new books
- 16 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 17 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 18 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 19 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 20 german rail ticket question
- 21 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 22 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 23 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 24 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 25 Madrid and London