I'm leaving for Turkey in a couple of days, and would love some shopping advice here. I visited Istanbul a few years back, fell totally in love with the Iznik tiles and other ceramic objects. As I was only in Istanbul, I managed to buy a small tile from a shop in the Grand Bazaar. However, on this forthcoming trip I'll have 3 weeks around the country. The guidebooks say that Kutahya is the ceramic center, while not much is left at Iznik. Will I find Iznik stuff at Kutahya? Would the price be significantly better outside Istanbul? Any hints would be apreciated.
Turkish Ceramic Tiles
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 2 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 3 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 4 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 5 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 6 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 9 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 10 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 11 Which european city?
- 12 Southern Spain
- 13 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 14 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 15 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 16 Scotland November 2015
- 17 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 18 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 19 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 20 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 21 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 22 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 23 Italy Countryside
- 24 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 25 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)