I'm leaving for Turkey in a couple of days, and would love some shopping advice here. I visited Istanbul a few years back, fell totally in love with the Iznik tiles and other ceramic objects. As I was only in Istanbul, I managed to buy a small tile from a shop in the Grand Bazaar. However, on this forthcoming trip I'll have 3 weeks around the country. The guidebooks say that Kutahya is the ceramic center, while not much is left at Iznik. Will I find Iznik stuff at Kutahya? Would the price be significantly better outside Istanbul? Any hints would be apreciated.
Turkish Ceramic Tiles
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland in a week
- 2 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 3 A Month in Bologna Photos/Blog TR
- 4 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 5 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 6 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 7 Copenhagen Weekend with Family
- 8 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 9 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 10 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 11 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 12 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 13 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 14 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 15 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 16 To Paris and Provence in June
- 17 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 18 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 19 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 20 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 21 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 22 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 23 London for Christmas
- 24 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 25 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!