I'm leaving for Turkey in a couple of days, and would love some shopping advice here. I visited Istanbul a few years back, fell totally in love with the Iznik tiles and other ceramic objects. As I was only in Istanbul, I managed to buy a small tile from a shop in the Grand Bazaar. However, on this forthcoming trip I'll have 3 weeks around the country. The guidebooks say that Kutahya is the ceramic center, while not much is left at Iznik. Will I find Iznik stuff at Kutahya? Would the price be significantly better outside Istanbul? Any hints would be apreciated.
Turkish Ceramic Tiles
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 2 First time touring Europe
- 3 Ireland itinerary
- 4 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 5 Athens to Delphi and Meteora, better off driving or tour bus?
- 6 big family in Ireland
- 7 Barcelona & Mallorca: Bon Dia
- 8 An Elegant Caribbean Treasure Wedding Decor Theme
- 9 Debit card with 6 digit pin
- 10 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 11 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 12 UK for 10 days with 9 and 13 year old
- 13 Istanbul Itinerary
- 14 London - Site List Triage -
- 15 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 16 Santorini transportation
- 17 How to get from Pula to Ljubljana in the evening at night?
- 18 Day Tours in Croatia, Slovenia that you can recommend?
- 19 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 20 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 21 Cheapest, easiest way to get from Ljubljana to Zurich?
- 22 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 23 Bus Tours in Scotland???
- 24 London neighborhood suggestions
- 25 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report