I'm leaving for Turkey in a couple of days, and would love some shopping advice here. I visited Istanbul a few years back, fell totally in love with the Iznik tiles and other ceramic objects. As I was only in Istanbul, I managed to buy a small tile from a shop in the Grand Bazaar. However, on this forthcoming trip I'll have 3 weeks around the country. The guidebooks say that Kutahya is the ceramic center, while not much is left at Iznik. Will I find Iznik stuff at Kutahya? Would the price be significantly better outside Istanbul? Any hints would be apreciated.
Turkish Ceramic Tiles
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4-6 weeks
- 2 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 3 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 4 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 5 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 6 Venice Banning Fodors
- 7 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 8 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 9 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 10 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 11 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 12 Eiffel tower tickets
- 13 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 14 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 15 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 16 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 17 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 18 Rome---August and September
- 19 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 20 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 21 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 22 France, Italy and Greec
- 23 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 24 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 25 South of France November Trip Report