Traveled to Turkey in July. Trip report: http://bit.ly/ONKIN7
• Stay in a cave hotel (I was happy at Serinn House in Urgup)
• Take a hot air balloon ride (Butterfly Balloons came highly recommended and I was impressed with them) (Request Mike as your pilot)
• Hike a valley or two
• Get a scrub-down at the Urgup Sehir Hamami
• Eat at Ziggy Cafe (Urgup)
• Stay at the chic, boutique 4Reasons in Yalikavak
• Eat dinner on the 4Reasons deck
• Drive to Selcuk, see Ephesus and the Basilica of St. John
• Book a room at the Park Hyatt (some have a personal steam room)
• Sightsee: the Basilica Cistern, Grand Bazaar and Dolmabahce Palace
• Tour the must-see mosques: The Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Suleymaniye Mosque
• Cruise up the Bosphorus Strait
• Walk down the Bosphorus Strait, stopping at Bebek, Arnavutkoy and the charming Ortakoy
Hope you enjoy the report. Thanks to those who provided Turkey travel advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 2 Guide in Russia
- 3 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 4 Switzerland
- 5 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 6 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 7 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 8 Visiting Zurich
- 9 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 10 Zadar or Sibenik
- 11 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 12 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 13 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 14 Rent a Car?
- 15 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 16 Whistle stop family road trip
- 17 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 18 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 19 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 20 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 21 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 22 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 23 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 25 Best road from Tubingen to Lindau Bodensee
Turkey Trip Report: Cappadocia, Bodrum Peninsula and Istanbul