Traveled to Turkey in July. Trip report: http://bit.ly/ONKIN7
• Stay in a cave hotel (I was happy at Serinn House in Urgup)
• Take a hot air balloon ride (Butterfly Balloons came highly recommended and I was impressed with them) (Request Mike as your pilot)
• Hike a valley or two
• Get a scrub-down at the Urgup Sehir Hamami
• Eat at Ziggy Cafe (Urgup)
• Stay at the chic, boutique 4Reasons in Yalikavak
• Eat dinner on the 4Reasons deck
• Drive to Selcuk, see Ephesus and the Basilica of St. John
• Book a room at the Park Hyatt (some have a personal steam room)
• Sightsee: the Basilica Cistern, Grand Bazaar and Dolmabahce Palace
• Tour the must-see mosques: The Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Suleymaniye Mosque
• Cruise up the Bosphorus Strait
• Walk down the Bosphorus Strait, stopping at Bebek, Arnavutkoy and the charming Ortakoy
Hope you enjoy the report. Thanks to those who provided Turkey travel advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 2 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 3 Planning a European Trip
- 4 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 5 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 6 Ireland travel passport question
- 7 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 8 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 9 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 10 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 11 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 12 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 13 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 14 restaurants in Marais district
- 15 Norway Itinerary
- 16 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 17 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 18 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 19 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 20 Springtime Adventure in Europe
- 21 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 22 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 23 train or plane
- 24 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 25 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
Turkey Trip Report: Cappadocia, Bodrum Peninsula and Istanbul