Traveled to Turkey in July. Trip report: http://bit.ly/ONKIN7
• Stay in a cave hotel (I was happy at Serinn House in Urgup)
• Take a hot air balloon ride (Butterfly Balloons came highly recommended and I was impressed with them) (Request Mike as your pilot)
• Hike a valley or two
• Get a scrub-down at the Urgup Sehir Hamami
• Eat at Ziggy Cafe (Urgup)
• Stay at the chic, boutique 4Reasons in Yalikavak
• Eat dinner on the 4Reasons deck
• Drive to Selcuk, see Ephesus and the Basilica of St. John
• Book a room at the Park Hyatt (some have a personal steam room)
• Sightsee: the Basilica Cistern, Grand Bazaar and Dolmabahce Palace
• Tour the must-see mosques: The Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Suleymaniye Mosque
• Cruise up the Bosphorus Strait
• Walk down the Bosphorus Strait, stopping at Bebek, Arnavutkoy and the charming Ortakoy
Hope you enjoy the report. Thanks to those who provided Turkey travel advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 2 Hiking from Geneva to Rome!
- 3 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 4 Advise on where to base in Ireland for 2 week trip
- 5 Where in Costa del Sol ?
- 6 Mount Etna -Sicily
- 7 "Magnificent" video exhibit at Palazzo Vecchio in Florence
- 8 Did I make a mistake arriving Venice on a holiday (Nov 1)?
- 9 Italian Roadtrip ideas/feedback
- 10 Itinerary Barcelona & Southern France 9/23-10/14/15
- 11 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 12 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 13 Greece, Italy Or Swiss in Late Oct ??
- 14 Dordogne Itinerary
- 15 Our Next Europe Trip
- 16 Rome - To Tour or Not to Tour
- 17 Parking in Hallstadt, Dachstein and Linz?
- 18 Izmir to Istanbul
- 19 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 20 The cathedral of Amiens in color
- 21 6 weeks in Tuscany-things to do
- 22 Planning our Honeymoon
- 23 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli
- 24 Andalucia to Madrid
- 25 Segovia Hotel
Turkey Trip Report: Cappadocia, Bodrum Peninsula and Istanbul