Traveled to Turkey in July. Trip report: http://bit.ly/ONKIN7
• Stay in a cave hotel (I was happy at Serinn House in Urgup)
• Take a hot air balloon ride (Butterfly Balloons came highly recommended and I was impressed with them) (Request Mike as your pilot)
• Hike a valley or two
• Get a scrub-down at the Urgup Sehir Hamami
• Eat at Ziggy Cafe (Urgup)
• Stay at the chic, boutique 4Reasons in Yalikavak
• Eat dinner on the 4Reasons deck
• Drive to Selcuk, see Ephesus and the Basilica of St. John
• Book a room at the Park Hyatt (some have a personal steam room)
• Sightsee: the Basilica Cistern, Grand Bazaar and Dolmabahce Palace
• Tour the must-see mosques: The Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Suleymaniye Mosque
• Cruise up the Bosphorus Strait
• Walk down the Bosphorus Strait, stopping at Bebek, Arnavutkoy and the charming Ortakoy
Hope you enjoy the report. Thanks to those who provided Turkey travel advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 2 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 3 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 4 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 5 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 6 European Cooking Secrets
- 7 RHK's Fall escape
- 8 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 9 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 10 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 11 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 12 Verona or Athens?
- 13 Italy or France with a 15 month old in March?
- 14 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 15 Lisbon guided sightseeing tours
- 16 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 17 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 18 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 19 Skiing Village or Small Town near Vienna
- 20 Uwaga : koniec = parking fine
- 21 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 22 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 23 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 24 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 25 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.
Turkey Trip Report: Cappadocia, Bodrum Peninsula and Istanbul