Traveled to Turkey in July. Trip report: http://bit.ly/ONKIN7
• Stay in a cave hotel (I was happy at Serinn House in Urgup)
• Take a hot air balloon ride (Butterfly Balloons came highly recommended and I was impressed with them) (Request Mike as your pilot)
• Hike a valley or two
• Get a scrub-down at the Urgup Sehir Hamami
• Eat at Ziggy Cafe (Urgup)
• Stay at the chic, boutique 4Reasons in Yalikavak
• Eat dinner on the 4Reasons deck
• Drive to Selcuk, see Ephesus and the Basilica of St. John
• Book a room at the Park Hyatt (some have a personal steam room)
• Sightsee: the Basilica Cistern, Grand Bazaar and Dolmabahce Palace
• Tour the must-see mosques: The Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Suleymaniye Mosque
• Cruise up the Bosphorus Strait
• Walk down the Bosphorus Strait, stopping at Bebek, Arnavutkoy and the charming Ortakoy
Hope you enjoy the report. Thanks to those who provided Turkey travel advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 2 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 3 Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!
- 4 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 5 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 6 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 7 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 8 Croatian islands
- 9 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 10 Italy, somewhere new - recommendations please.
- 11 Walking GPS?
- 12 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 13 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 14 Glasgow to Rosslyn Chapel-what to see?
- 15 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 16 Florence airport costumes
- 17 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 18 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 19 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 20 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 21 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 22 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 23 Sentimental Journey
- 24 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 25 Help! Off to Dubrovnik tonight
Turkey Trip Report: Cappadocia, Bodrum Peninsula and Istanbul