Traveled to Turkey in July. Trip report: http://bit.ly/ONKIN7
• Stay in a cave hotel (I was happy at Serinn House in Urgup)
• Take a hot air balloon ride (Butterfly Balloons came highly recommended and I was impressed with them) (Request Mike as your pilot)
• Hike a valley or two
• Get a scrub-down at the Urgup Sehir Hamami
• Eat at Ziggy Cafe (Urgup)
• Stay at the chic, boutique 4Reasons in Yalikavak
• Eat dinner on the 4Reasons deck
• Drive to Selcuk, see Ephesus and the Basilica of St. John
• Book a room at the Park Hyatt (some have a personal steam room)
• Sightsee: the Basilica Cistern, Grand Bazaar and Dolmabahce Palace
• Tour the must-see mosques: The Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Suleymaniye Mosque
• Cruise up the Bosphorus Strait
• Walk down the Bosphorus Strait, stopping at Bebek, Arnavutkoy and the charming Ortakoy
Hope you enjoy the report. Thanks to those who provided Turkey travel advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 2 Itinerary for Italy, Slovenia and Croatia in December 2017
- 3 6 Days in Italy
- 4 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 5 Stu Tower
- 6 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 7 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 8 SE ITALY
- 9 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 10 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 11 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 12 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 13 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 14 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 15 DeGaulle to the dock at Le Pecq?
- 16 Helpful Hint
- 17 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 18 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 19 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 20 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 21 Finland around Christmas time?
- 22 monograms vacation tours
- 23 UK - Coronation Street Goes to 6 Days a Week...
- 24 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 25 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
Turkey Trip Report: Cappadocia, Bodrum Peninsula and Istanbul