I'm planning a 16 day trip to Turkey and Greece in May 2012. I am trying to fly into Istanbul and out of Athens. I would like to fit in Istanbul, Cappadocia, Athens and some Greek island time (still unsure on which island would be best).
Day 1-3 Istanbul
Day 4 Flight from Istanbul to Cappadocia
Day 5-6 Cappadocia
Day 7 Early flight to Istanbul then Athens
Day 8 Athens
Day 9-13 Greek islands TBD
Day 14 Travel back to Athens
Day 15 Athens
Day 16 flight to US
This seems like more sort flights back and forth than I'm used to in a 2 week trip, but I'm not sure how to otherwise fit it all in. I don't mind a brisk pace but I don't want to be too overwhelmed. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to scale back on or another route to take. Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia or La Langhe
- 2 French immersion courses in France
- 3 Munich
- 4 Paris---baguette question???
- 5 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 6 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 7 Vienna or Budapest?
- 8 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 9 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 10 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 11 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 12 Italy/Greece with kids
- 13 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 14 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 15 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 16 10 day Greek Island trip
- 17 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 18 Portugal itinerary help
- 19 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?
- 20 Portugal initial itinerary help
- 21 Lisbon NYE
- 22 Drive Vienna to Salzburg
- 23 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 24 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 25 English Countryside