I'm planning a 16 day trip to Turkey and Greece in May 2012. I am trying to fly into Istanbul and out of Athens. I would like to fit in Istanbul, Cappadocia, Athens and some Greek island time (still unsure on which island would be best).
Day 1-3 Istanbul
Day 4 Flight from Istanbul to Cappadocia
Day 5-6 Cappadocia
Day 7 Early flight to Istanbul then Athens
Day 8 Athens
Day 9-13 Greek islands TBD
Day 14 Travel back to Athens
Day 15 Athens
Day 16 flight to US
This seems like more sort flights back and forth than I'm used to in a 2 week trip, but I'm not sure how to otherwise fit it all in. I don't mind a brisk pace but I don't want to be too overwhelmed. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to scale back on or another route to take. Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 3 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 4 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 5 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 6 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 7 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 Regarding Residence Permit
- 10 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 11 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 12 Tracking the Weather
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 14 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 15 Les Invalides Night Show
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 18 Which Day?
- 19 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 20 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 21 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 24 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 25 Good mobile plan for traveller