I'm planning a 16 day trip to Turkey and Greece in May 2012. I am trying to fly into Istanbul and out of Athens. I would like to fit in Istanbul, Cappadocia, Athens and some Greek island time (still unsure on which island would be best).
Day 1-3 Istanbul
Day 4 Flight from Istanbul to Cappadocia
Day 5-6 Cappadocia
Day 7 Early flight to Istanbul then Athens
Day 8 Athens
Day 9-13 Greek islands TBD
Day 14 Travel back to Athens
Day 15 Athens
Day 16 flight to US
This seems like more sort flights back and forth than I'm used to in a 2 week trip, but I'm not sure how to otherwise fit it all in. I don't mind a brisk pace but I don't want to be too overwhelmed. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to scale back on or another route to take. Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip report European honeymoon
- 2 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 3 Driving Croatia, Montenegro & Albania
- 4 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 5 Travel From Copenhagen-late October
- 6 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 7 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 8 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 9 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 10 Croatia, is it crazy to hire a car?
- 11 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 12 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 13 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 14 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 15 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 16 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 17 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 18 Provence Lavender fields in July
- 19 Italy, somewhere new - recommendations please.
- 20 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 21 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 22 Spain Itinerary advice please – Extremadura? Cadiz?
- 23 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 24 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 25 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?