I'm planning a 16 day trip to Turkey and Greece in May 2012. I am trying to fly into Istanbul and out of Athens. I would like to fit in Istanbul, Cappadocia, Athens and some Greek island time (still unsure on which island would be best).
Day 1-3 Istanbul
Day 4 Flight from Istanbul to Cappadocia
Day 5-6 Cappadocia
Day 7 Early flight to Istanbul then Athens
Day 8 Athens
Day 9-13 Greek islands TBD
Day 14 Travel back to Athens
Day 15 Athens
Day 16 flight to US
This seems like more sort flights back and forth than I'm used to in a 2 week trip, but I'm not sure how to otherwise fit it all in. I don't mind a brisk pace but I don't want to be too overwhelmed. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to scale back on or another route to take. Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 2 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 3 Moscow and St Petersburg
- 4 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 5 Seeking Diverse Experiences in Western France – Please Critique Itinerary!
- 6 planning confusion
- 7 Costa Brava/Girona vs. Dali Museum/Girona Tours With Spanish Trails
- 8 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 9 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 10 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 11 cash or plastic in Greece
- 12 Dublin transportation help
- 13 Flight delayed to from Manchester to Amsterdam
- 14 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 15 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 16 thermal hot springs near Cassis, France
- 17 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 18 Chef recommendations for Villa in Cortona, Italy
- 19 PDX customs 4/28, Spokane, boyfriend in NE Portland,
- 20 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 21 Shopping in Paris
- 22 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 23 North Carolinians Take Warning
- 24 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 25 Favorite restaurant on Dordogne River