I'm planning a 16 day trip to Turkey and Greece in May 2012. I am trying to fly into Istanbul and out of Athens. I would like to fit in Istanbul, Cappadocia, Athens and some Greek island time (still unsure on which island would be best).
Day 1-3 Istanbul
Day 4 Flight from Istanbul to Cappadocia
Day 5-6 Cappadocia
Day 7 Early flight to Istanbul then Athens
Day 8 Athens
Day 9-13 Greek islands TBD
Day 14 Travel back to Athens
Day 15 Athens
Day 16 flight to US
This seems like more sort flights back and forth than I'm used to in a 2 week trip, but I'm not sure how to otherwise fit it all in. I don't mind a brisk pace but I don't want to be too overwhelmed. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to scale back on or another route to take. Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 2 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 3 Vacation
- 4 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 5 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 6 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 7 St Denis Cathedral
- 8 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 9 Rouen Tour Companies
- 10 Italy bus or train
- 11 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 12 Ireland itinerary help please
- 13 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 14 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 15 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 16 Rome-Itinerary
- 17 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 18 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 19 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 20 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 21 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 22 5 days greece tour! Help me plz!
- 23 Berlin to Italy
- 24 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 25 Florence - Where to stay