I'm planning a 16 day trip to Turkey and Greece in May 2012. I am trying to fly into Istanbul and out of Athens. I would like to fit in Istanbul, Cappadocia, Athens and some Greek island time (still unsure on which island would be best).
Day 1-3 Istanbul
Day 4 Flight from Istanbul to Cappadocia
Day 5-6 Cappadocia
Day 7 Early flight to Istanbul then Athens
Day 8 Athens
Day 9-13 Greek islands TBD
Day 14 Travel back to Athens
Day 15 Athens
Day 16 flight to US
This seems like more sort flights back and forth than I'm used to in a 2 week trip, but I'm not sure how to otherwise fit it all in. I don't mind a brisk pace but I don't want to be too overwhelmed. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to scale back on or another route to take. Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 2 Train help for Prague
- 3 Germany train help!
- 4 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 5 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 8 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 9 Acropolis Athens
- 10 Interesting places to visit
- 11 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 12 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 13 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 14 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 15 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 16 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 17 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 18 Swiss Travel Pass
- 19 We're here!
- 20 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 21 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 22 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 23 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 24 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 25 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You