I'm planning a 16 day trip to Turkey and Greece in May 2012. I am trying to fly into Istanbul and out of Athens. I would like to fit in Istanbul, Cappadocia, Athens and some Greek island time (still unsure on which island would be best).
Day 1-3 Istanbul
Day 4 Flight from Istanbul to Cappadocia
Day 5-6 Cappadocia
Day 7 Early flight to Istanbul then Athens
Day 8 Athens
Day 9-13 Greek islands TBD
Day 14 Travel back to Athens
Day 15 Athens
Day 16 flight to US
This seems like more sort flights back and forth than I'm used to in a 2 week trip, but I'm not sure how to otherwise fit it all in. I don't mind a brisk pace but I don't want to be too overwhelmed. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to scale back on or another route to take. Thanks in advance for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 2 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 3 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 4 Overnight Train Questions
- 5 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 6 Honeymoon - Spain & Greece
- 7 Gengenbach or Schiltach
- 8 Where to spend Easter in Portugal
- 9 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 10 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 11 Amsterdam hotels
- 12 This developed exclusive combo of clinically based
- 13 Flamenco Shows
- 14 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 15 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 16 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 17 Non Airport Location for Car Drop off locations for Madrid
- 18 Berlin>Dresden>Prague
- 19 What to see in Dresden...
- 20 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 21 Croatia in late April
- 22 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 23 A week in Greece, single woman alone
- 24 Italy - best two central locations
- 25 2 month Itinerary Ideas (summer)