I'm planning a 16 day trip to Turkey and Greece in May 2012. I am trying to fly into Istanbul and out of Athens. I would like to fit in Istanbul, Cappadocia, Athens and some Greek island time (still unsure on which island would be best).
Day 1-3 Istanbul
Day 4 Flight from Istanbul to Cappadocia
Day 5-6 Cappadocia
Day 7 Early flight to Istanbul then Athens
Day 8 Athens
Day 9-13 Greek islands TBD
Day 14 Travel back to Athens
Day 15 Athens
Day 16 flight to US
This seems like more sort flights back and forth than I'm used to in a 2 week trip, but I'm not sure how to otherwise fit it all in. I don't mind a brisk pace but I don't want to be too overwhelmed. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to scale back on or another route to take. Thanks in advance for any help!
Turkey to Greece Itinerary Advice Needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My itinerary for Greece
- 2 London visit
- 3 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 4 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 5 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 6 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 7 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 8 London 2nd time around
- 9 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 10 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 11 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 12 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 13 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 14 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 15 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 16 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 17 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 18 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 19 Budget for 3 Month's
- 20 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 21 Questions for my German friends
- 22 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 23 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 24 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 25 Venice canal boats--best deals?