I'm planning a 16 day trip to Turkey and Greece in May 2012. I am trying to fly into Istanbul and out of Athens. I would like to fit in Istanbul, Cappadocia, Athens and some Greek island time (still unsure on which island would be best).
Day 1-3 Istanbul
Day 4 Flight from Istanbul to Cappadocia
Day 5-6 Cappadocia
Day 7 Early flight to Istanbul then Athens
Day 8 Athens
Day 9-13 Greek islands TBD
Day 14 Travel back to Athens
Day 15 Athens
Day 16 flight to US
This seems like more sort flights back and forth than I'm used to in a 2 week trip, but I'm not sure how to otherwise fit it all in. I don't mind a brisk pace but I don't want to be too overwhelmed. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to scale back on or another route to take. Thanks in advance for any help!
Turkey to Greece Itinerary Advice Needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spending money in Italy?
- 2 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 3 Paris in October solo - potpourri of questions
- 4 Amsterdam - Paris - Barcelona
- 5 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 6 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 7 Trip to Pyrenees
- 8 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 9 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 10 How do I use a SIM card in Spain and Portugal?
- 11 Parisbestlodge Fleur de Lys apt
- 12 Itinerary for 11 day trip to France
- 13 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 14 British English
- 15 Brugge photo on Bing
- 16 Questions about the Chateau de Vincennes
- 17 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 18 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 19 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 20 LowCountryIslander & Mom Go Back to Italy...A Bologna & Rome Trip Report
- 21 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 22 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz
- 23 Feedback on Italian Language Courses in Bologna
- 24 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 25 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice