I was referred here from another forum. I will be in Istanbul for a few days soon and would love to find some places to play. I am interested in traditional styles of music, ie halk muzik, davul zurna, etc or fusion types, even though I play the trumpet. This person said to contact otherchelebi who is a member here but there's no PM. Anyway, love to find some good places to hear music, or ideally, to sit in and play! Dates are 31 Dec- 4 Jan. I don't have something for NYE anymore since my friend bailed. I know about Galip Dede street but not much else.
I've been playing music of the Balkans for about 5 years, am pro musician in the US. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 2 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 3 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 4 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 5 seat reservations
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 8 Valencia Spain
- 9 Germany-Car or Train
- 10 Night Bus?
- 11 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 12 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 13 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 14 Andalucia Spain
- 15 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 16 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 17 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 18 Short time in Vienna
- 19 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 20 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 21 Jewish Vienna
- 22 My special places in Europe
- 23 Italy in a week
- 24 3 days outside Venice
- 25 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)