I was referred here from another forum. I will be in Istanbul for a few days soon and would love to find some places to play. I am interested in traditional styles of music, ie halk muzik, davul zurna, etc or fusion types, even though I play the trumpet. This person said to contact otherchelebi who is a member here but there's no PM. Anyway, love to find some good places to hear music, or ideally, to sit in and play! Dates are 31 Dec- 4 Jan. I don't have something for NYE anymore since my friend bailed. I know about Galip Dede street but not much else.
I've been playing music of the Balkans for about 5 years, am pro musician in the US. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 2 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 3 best clothing for european winter?
- 4 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 5 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 6 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 7 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 8 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 9 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 10 Holiday in Austria
- 11 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 12 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 13 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 14 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 15 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 16 Paris Under Seige...
- 17 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 18 Retiring to Southern France
- 19 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 20 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 21 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 22 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 23 Brief trip report Naples
- 24 Advices about our itiniary
- 25 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France