I was referred here from another forum. I will be in Istanbul for a few days soon and would love to find some places to play. I am interested in traditional styles of music, ie halk muzik, davul zurna, etc or fusion types, even though I play the trumpet. This person said to contact otherchelebi who is a member here but there's no PM. Anyway, love to find some good places to hear music, or ideally, to sit in and play! Dates are 31 Dec- 4 Jan. I don't have something for NYE anymore since my friend bailed. I know about Galip Dede street but not much else.
I've been playing music of the Balkans for about 5 years, am pro musician in the US. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 2 My First Trip to Europe...
- 3 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 4 France to stop making foie grois
- 5 Currency and credit cards in Scandinavia
- 6 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 7 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport
- 8 Rome train to Positano
- 9 Madrid city centre?
- 10 Itinerary Help!
- 11 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 12 Greece itinerary ideas
- 13 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 14 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 15 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 16 Stonehenge and Bath
- 17 Greece Experts
- 18 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 19 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 20 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 21 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 22 Car rental in Paris
- 23 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 24 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 25 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid