I was referred here from another forum. I will be in Istanbul for a few days soon and would love to find some places to play. I am interested in traditional styles of music, ie halk muzik, davul zurna, etc or fusion types, even though I play the trumpet. This person said to contact otherchelebi who is a member here but there's no PM. Anyway, love to find some good places to hear music, or ideally, to sit in and play! Dates are 31 Dec- 4 Jan. I don't have something for NYE anymore since my friend bailed. I know about Galip Dede street but not much else.
I've been playing music of the Balkans for about 5 years, am pro musician in the US. Thanks!
Turkey- seeking Other Chelebi, jam sessions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 2 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 3 5am arrival in Dublin
- 4 London tube
- 5 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 6 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 7 Hotel in Venice
- 8 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 9 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 10 Europe-21 days in September 2014
- 11 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 12 What are the best places to see in England
- 13 London hotel
- 14 7 days in Greece
- 15 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 16 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 17 Europe in 21 days
- 18 London day trips, especially castles
- 19 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 20 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 21 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 22 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 23 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 24 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 25 What area to stay in Rome, Florence, and Venice?