I was referred here from another forum. I will be in Istanbul for a few days soon and would love to find some places to play. I am interested in traditional styles of music, ie halk muzik, davul zurna, etc or fusion types, even though I play the trumpet. This person said to contact otherchelebi who is a member here but there's no PM. Anyway, love to find some good places to hear music, or ideally, to sit in and play! Dates are 31 Dec- 4 Jan. I don't have something for NYE anymore since my friend bailed. I know about Galip Dede street but not much else.
I've been playing music of the Balkans for about 5 years, am pro musician in the US. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 2 Best Indian Food
- 3 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 4 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 5 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 6 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 7 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 8 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 9 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 10 Piedmont as a destination
- 11 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 12 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 13 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 14 Need Information about French Alps
- 15 dinner jackets
- 16 France Itinerary Advice
- 17 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 18 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 19 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 22 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 23 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 24 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 25 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna