I was referred here from another forum. I will be in Istanbul for a few days soon and would love to find some places to play. I am interested in traditional styles of music, ie halk muzik, davul zurna, etc or fusion types, even though I play the trumpet. This person said to contact otherchelebi who is a member here but there's no PM. Anyway, love to find some good places to hear music, or ideally, to sit in and play! Dates are 31 Dec- 4 Jan. I don't have something for NYE anymore since my friend bailed. I know about Galip Dede street but not much else.
I've been playing music of the Balkans for about 5 years, am pro musician in the US. Thanks!
Turkey- seeking Other Chelebi, jam sessions
- 1 Spain - Andalucia
- 2 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 3 Dresden Train Station
- 4 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 7 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 8 Italian Lakes gardens
- 9 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 10 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 11 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 12 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 13 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 14 London for Christmas
- 15 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 16 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 17 More help with housing in Puglia
- 18 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 19 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 20 Hotel in belligio, lake Como
- 21 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 22 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 23 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 24 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 25 River cruises