I'm considering visiting Turkey in the next few weeks and it will be my first visit to this country. How enjoyable will the beaches be in October? Will there still be many people enjoying the coastline and will the water be warm enough for swimming? Also, how easy will it be to just show up in Istanbul without any hotel or bus/air reservations to travel down the coast and across to Cappadocia? I'm a very experienced, indepedent traveler, but want to make sure it's not going to be a hassle without reservations made in advance this time of year. I want to have the flexibility once there to decide how long I stay in each location and where I go. Is the bus the best way to go traveling between cities, or will I lose a lot of time on a 2-3 week trip and is it better to fly in between the top attractions instead? Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia, Pamukkale, Bodrum and a blue cruise are must-dos on my list. Thanks!
Turkey last-minute trip in Sept./October
- 1 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 2 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 3 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 4 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 5 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 6 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 7 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 8 Queen Leaves. Maitai Arrives. Coincidence. I Think Not. London Questions
- 9 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 10 Cinque terre or Como/Bellagio for day trip from milan?
- 11 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 12 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 13 day trips from Stuttgart
- 14 Our trip to Venice, Montalcino & Florence
- 15 Normandy on our own?
- 16 Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
- 17 Car rental
- 18 Ordering wine in Paris
- 19 Florence & ____?____ with a 16 month old baby in September.
- 20 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)
- 21 Paris Recommendations
- 22 Our trip to Rome & the Amalfi Coast (with all transportation logistics included!)
- 23 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 24 London Evening Activity
- 25 Rome & Southern Italy