We are planning our first trip to Turkey next year in late Sept/early October. We will have 10 days but can add one more if needed. We definitely want to spend plenty of time in Istanbul. We also want to go to Ephesus. I would like some time to relax and go to the beach for at least a day. We love historic sites. Question should we try to include Antalya area in this trip to see places such as Side, Termesso, Perge, etc.? Or should we just stick to the Izmir area and see Ephesus, Didyma, Miletus, Priene and then spend a day or two at Alacati on the beach? Not sure how much the better the ruins or beach would be in Antalya over the Izmir area. We plan to fly between all of the major cities vs. driving. Thanks.
Turkey Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 2 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 3 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 4 Crete/Santorini OR Positano/Capri - where to visit?
- 5 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 6 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 7 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 8 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 9 best time to book accommodation
- 10 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 11 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 12 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 13 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 14 London visit
- 15 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 16 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 17 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 18 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 19 No points in Paris .....
- 20 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 21 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 22 Pompeii train to Naples
- 23 Small group for Colosseum
- 24 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 25 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany