We are planning our first trip to Turkey next year in late Sept/early October. We will have 10 days but can add one more if needed. We definitely want to spend plenty of time in Istanbul. We also want to go to Ephesus. I would like some time to relax and go to the beach for at least a day. We love historic sites. Question should we try to include Antalya area in this trip to see places such as Side, Termesso, Perge, etc.? Or should we just stick to the Izmir area and see Ephesus, Didyma, Miletus, Priene and then spend a day or two at Alacati on the beach? Not sure how much the better the ruins or beach would be in Antalya over the Izmir area. We plan to fly between all of the major cities vs. driving. Thanks.
Turkey Itinerary Help
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Train
- 2 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 3 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 4 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 5 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 6 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 7 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 8 One more last question on Bayeux
- 9 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 10 Italian language schools
- 11 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 12 When to visit Provence updated info
- 13 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 14 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 15 Lucerne & Zurich
- 16 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 17 Trip around Spain
- 18 Venice in Jan
- 19 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 20 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 21 How early to get to CDG
- 22 Berlin
- 23 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 24 Three for the road
- 25 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration