I made short video travel guide in Istanbul european side.
started from Eminonu seaport, the continued toward Taksim Square ( City Center on the European Side).
then walk along famous Istiklal Avenue where St. Antonio Church and Galata tower , where in between historic tram is still being used .
In SultanAhmet, went to gullhane park (hunting places for the Sultan) and Sultanahmet park with its lovely fountain. then the Hippodrome , the ancient greek horse and chariot racing place.
visited SultanAhmet Mosque ( famously known as Blue Mosque), and Hagia Sophia( Museum that has been used both as Church and Mosque).
and the Basilica Cistern, the underground water reservoir that well preserved till now.
Hope this help those who plan to go there
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 2 Norway in a Nutshell - Travel Report
- 3 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 4 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 5 Azores
- 6 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 7 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 8 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 9 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 10 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 11 Short Trip in July
- 12 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 13 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 14 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 15 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 16 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 17 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 18 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 19 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 20 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 21 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 22 Sim Card Options
- 23 Greek Islands (small)
- 24 38 Days in Paris
- 25 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
Turkey: Istanbul SultanAhmet,Taksim sq & Istiklal Av.