Hello Fodorites -
In the past you have proven to be an invaluable resource in my travel planning, and I am hoping some of you can help out with an upcoming trip.
My husband and I are planning some travel to Turkey in August, in just a couple of weeks. We are young, enjoy wandering, exploring the sites (both big and small, and certainly the hidden gems), and enjoy good meals.
As we are finalizing our plans, I wanted to know your thoughts on if 4 nights in Istanbul and 3 nights in Cappadocia would be ok, or if we need more time to explore in either place. We are not in a rush, and have 2 weeks to spend (other nights not noted will be elsewhere in Europe), and can definitely extend our time.
Also, I have been looking at flights to Cappadocia and doing this portion at the beginning of our time in Turkey, and then flying back to spend time in Istanbul. Would you recommend this or would you do Istanbul and then Cappadocia?
Many thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip ideas
- 2 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 3 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 4 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 5 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 6 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 7 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 8 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 9 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 10 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 11 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 12 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 13 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 14 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 15 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 16 Things to do in Brussels
- 17 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 18 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 19 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 20 Chilling in the Aeolian Islands
- 21 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 22 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 23 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 24 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 25 Madrid airport question
Hello Fodorites -