Hello Fodorites -
In the past you have proven to be an invaluable resource in my travel planning, and I am hoping some of you can help out with an upcoming trip.
My husband and I are planning some travel to Turkey in August, in just a couple of weeks. We are young, enjoy wandering, exploring the sites (both big and small, and certainly the hidden gems), and enjoy good meals.
As we are finalizing our plans, I wanted to know your thoughts on if 4 nights in Istanbul and 3 nights in Cappadocia would be ok, or if we need more time to explore in either place. We are not in a rush, and have 2 weeks to spend (other nights not noted will be elsewhere in Europe), and can definitely extend our time.
Also, I have been looking at flights to Cappadocia and doing this portion at the beginning of our time in Turkey, and then flying back to spend time in Istanbul. Would you recommend this or would you do Istanbul and then Cappadocia?
Many thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 2 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 3 Trip suggestion
- 4 I'm looking for a guide in Moldova
- 5 Spain in July
- 6 Another tipping question: concierges
- 7 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 8 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 9 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 10 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 11 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 12 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 13 Acorn TV
- 14 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 15 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 16 Petrol in Greece
- 17 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 18 We're here!
- 19 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 22 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 23 6-7 Days in France
- 24 International Flight Question
- 25 5 Days in Switzerland
Hello Fodorites -