Hello Fodorites -
In the past you have proven to be an invaluable resource in my travel planning, and I am hoping some of you can help out with an upcoming trip.
My husband and I are planning some travel to Turkey in August, in just a couple of weeks. We are young, enjoy wandering, exploring the sites (both big and small, and certainly the hidden gems), and enjoy good meals.
As we are finalizing our plans, I wanted to know your thoughts on if 4 nights in Istanbul and 3 nights in Cappadocia would be ok, or if we need more time to explore in either place. We are not in a rush, and have 2 weeks to spend (other nights not noted will be elsewhere in Europe), and can definitely extend our time.
Also, I have been looking at flights to Cappadocia and doing this portion at the beginning of our time in Turkey, and then flying back to spend time in Istanbul. Would you recommend this or would you do Istanbul and then Cappadocia?
Many thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona completely overrated
- 2 Cork or Galway?
- 3 Seville in late January
- 4 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 5 Spain Itinerary Help
- 6 2 days brussel day trip london?
- 7 Well, I'm always warning people
- 8 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 9 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 10 Geneva Airport Arrival
- 11 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 12 3 days to spend in europe
- 13 Travel between Paris, Normandy and Brugges
- 14 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 15 Beaches in Southern France
- 16 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 17 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 18 Meeting place into Venice Marco Polo Airport
- 19 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 20 Europe Sim card help
- 21 4 days in London worth the jetlag?
- 22 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 23 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 24 Shopping: and how to bring it back with you? Spain/Basque/France
- 25 What am I missing: Amsterdam
Hello Fodorites -