Hello Fodorites -
In the past you have proven to be an invaluable resource in my travel planning, and I am hoping some of you can help out with an upcoming trip.
My husband and I are planning some travel to Turkey in August, in just a couple of weeks. We are young, enjoy wandering, exploring the sites (both big and small, and certainly the hidden gems), and enjoy good meals.
As we are finalizing our plans, I wanted to know your thoughts on if 4 nights in Istanbul and 3 nights in Cappadocia would be ok, or if we need more time to explore in either place. We are not in a rush, and have 2 weeks to spend (other nights not noted will be elsewhere in Europe), and can definitely extend our time.
Also, I have been looking at flights to Cappadocia and doing this portion at the beginning of our time in Turkey, and then flying back to spend time in Istanbul. Would you recommend this or would you do Istanbul and then Cappadocia?
Many thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 2 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 3 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 4 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 5 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 6 Globus Iberian Tour
- 7 Spain: train/rental car help
- 8 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 9 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 10 Budapest Card
- 11 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 12 UK in May and June
- 13 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 14 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 15 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 16 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 17 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 18 Bath/Cotswolds
- 19 Shorts in South of France?
- 20 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 21 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 22 base for Andalucia
- 23 Italy travel plan help
- 24 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 25 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
Hello Fodorites -