Hello Fodorites -
In the past you have proven to be an invaluable resource in my travel planning, and I am hoping some of you can help out with an upcoming trip.
My husband and I are planning some travel to Turkey in August, in just a couple of weeks. We are young, enjoy wandering, exploring the sites (both big and small, and certainly the hidden gems), and enjoy good meals.
As we are finalizing our plans, I wanted to know your thoughts on if 4 nights in Istanbul and 3 nights in Cappadocia would be ok, or if we need more time to explore in either place. We are not in a rush, and have 2 weeks to spend (other nights not noted will be elsewhere in Europe), and can definitely extend our time.
Also, I have been looking at flights to Cappadocia and doing this portion at the beginning of our time in Turkey, and then flying back to spend time in Istanbul. Would you recommend this or would you do Istanbul and then Cappadocia?
Many thanks for your help!
Turkey: Istanbul & Cappadocia
Hello Fodorites -
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 2 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 3 Honeymoon in Sicily
- 4 Monet in Normandy
- 5 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 6 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 7 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 8 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 9 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 10 Writers Needed for Austria Guidebook
- 11 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 12 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 13 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 14 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 15 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 16 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 17 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 18 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 19 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 20 London neighborhood suggestions
- 21 What to wear
- 22 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 23 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Andalucia, Morocco
- 24 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 25 3 weeks in Europe