Hello Fodorites -
In the past you have proven to be an invaluable resource in my travel planning, and I am hoping some of you can help out with an upcoming trip.
My husband and I are planning some travel to Turkey in August, in just a couple of weeks. We are young, enjoy wandering, exploring the sites (both big and small, and certainly the hidden gems), and enjoy good meals.
As we are finalizing our plans, I wanted to know your thoughts on if 4 nights in Istanbul and 3 nights in Cappadocia would be ok, or if we need more time to explore in either place. We are not in a rush, and have 2 weeks to spend (other nights not noted will be elsewhere in Europe), and can definitely extend our time.
Also, I have been looking at flights to Cappadocia and doing this portion at the beginning of our time in Turkey, and then flying back to spend time in Istanbul. Would you recommend this or would you do Istanbul and then Cappadocia?
Many thanks for your help!
Turkey: Istanbul & Cappadocia
Hello Fodorites -
- 1 Visit to Russia - Money
- 2 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 3 Backpacking through Europe
- 4 Barcelona experts PLEASE pick which of these 2,apartments I should rent
- 5 Quaint/family run place in Nuremberg?
- 6 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 7 What is the best food in France?
- 8 One way car rental Lisbon to Bordeaux
- 9 Hilton's in Vienna and Budapest
- 10 Visa to TURKEY
- 11 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 12 Istanbul Hotels
- 13 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 14 Venice - getting to see inside the Arsenale.
- 15 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 16 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 17 Paris metro
- 18 Hiking in Germany/Innsbruck/Salzburg and where else?
- 19 Berlin Hotels
- 20 ferry to Harwich
- 21 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 22 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 23 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 24 York Food and Drink Festival
- 25 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death