Hello Fodorites -
In the past you have proven to be an invaluable resource in my travel planning, and I am hoping some of you can help out with an upcoming trip.
My husband and I are planning some travel to Turkey in August, in just a couple of weeks. We are young, enjoy wandering, exploring the sites (both big and small, and certainly the hidden gems), and enjoy good meals.
As we are finalizing our plans, I wanted to know your thoughts on if 4 nights in Istanbul and 3 nights in Cappadocia would be ok, or if we need more time to explore in either place. We are not in a rush, and have 2 weeks to spend (other nights not noted will be elsewhere in Europe), and can definitely extend our time.
Also, I have been looking at flights to Cappadocia and doing this portion at the beginning of our time in Turkey, and then flying back to spend time in Istanbul. Would you recommend this or would you do Istanbul and then Cappadocia?
Many thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL 1888:482:3831 password reset CONTACT AOL Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 3 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 4 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 5 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 6 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 7 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 8 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 9 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 10 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 11 Train Through Spain
- 12 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 13 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 14 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 15 Italy June 6-16
- 16 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 17 Help with Algarve resort/ driver and excursions for big family trip?
- 18 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 19 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 20 hill of crosses
- 21 Planning A trip
- 22 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 23 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 24 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 25 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
Hello Fodorites -