Hello Fodorites -
In the past you have proven to be an invaluable resource in my travel planning, and I am hoping some of you can help out with an upcoming trip.
My husband and I are planning some travel to Turkey in August, in just a couple of weeks. We are young, enjoy wandering, exploring the sites (both big and small, and certainly the hidden gems), and enjoy good meals.
As we are finalizing our plans, I wanted to know your thoughts on if 4 nights in Istanbul and 3 nights in Cappadocia would be ok, or if we need more time to explore in either place. We are not in a rush, and have 2 weeks to spend (other nights not noted will be elsewhere in Europe), and can definitely extend our time.
Also, I have been looking at flights to Cappadocia and doing this portion at the beginning of our time in Turkey, and then flying back to spend time in Istanbul. Would you recommend this or would you do Istanbul and then Cappadocia?
Many thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 yahoo@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tech SUPP0RT CARE*
- 2 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 3 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 4 Spain - day driver advice
- 5 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 6 Stuck in Paris
- 7 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 8 Greece
- 9 Ex-pats with young kids
- 10 Iceland france spain
- 11 Ludwig Castles
- 12 Renting a car in Greece
- 13 Help on ancient history route
- 14 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 15 London with Teens Trip Report
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 Paris hotel
- 18 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 19 Spanish food - not that special?
- 20 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 21 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 22 Maximizing Norway time
- 23 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 24 How to travel from Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki
- 25 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
Hello Fodorites -