Hello Fodorites -
In the past you have proven to be an invaluable resource in my travel planning, and I am hoping some of you can help out with an upcoming trip.
My husband and I are planning some travel to Turkey in August, in just a couple of weeks. We are young, enjoy wandering, exploring the sites (both big and small, and certainly the hidden gems), and enjoy good meals.
As we are finalizing our plans, I wanted to know your thoughts on if 4 nights in Istanbul and 3 nights in Cappadocia would be ok, or if we need more time to explore in either place. We are not in a rush, and have 2 weeks to spend (other nights not noted will be elsewhere in Europe), and can definitely extend our time.
Also, I have been looking at flights to Cappadocia and doing this portion at the beginning of our time in Turkey, and then flying back to spend time in Istanbul. Would you recommend this or would you do Istanbul and then Cappadocia?
Many thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Italy 15 x Day Itenerary- Tips and advice Please!
- 2 Edinburgh to Alnwick WITHOUT a car?
- 3 Urgently need help contacting mytrip.com
- 4 Rain forecast Provence next Sunday and Monday. Any suggestions?
- 5 10 day Spain trip - which cities?
- 6 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 7 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 8 One day visit to Helsinki on a cruise ship
- 9 Input on Paris Itinerary
- 10 Trip report European honeymoon
- 11 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 12 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 13 London restaurant suggestions
- 14 Soccer Game in Portugal?
- 15 Sentimental Journey
- 16 Backpacking in South East Europe
- 17 Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Berlin
- 18 Trip to Italy: Venice, Tuscany, Rome, Positano
- 19 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 20 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 21 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 22 Need help getting from Paris to St Jean Pied de port
- 23 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 24 lago maggiore: where to stay
- 25 Florence & Como - Itinerary 90% finalized - looking for insights
Hello Fodorites -