I might be able to take the last two weeks of May off this year and Turky is on my list of possible destinations. Will it be difficult for a solo, independent traveler to navigate around the country?
I'm thinking of seeing Istanbul, of course, and then Ephesus by way of Selcuk. I think it's also possible to visit Pamukkale from Selcuk, so I'd like to see that as well. After that I'd like to see Cappadocia and perhaps also Goreme. It that seem like too much for two weeks then I can just do Istanbul and one other place.
Like many people on this board, I'm not too keen in guided tour, but if there's an agency that can help me with pre-arranging the necessary transportations to the various destinations then that would be great.
Turkey in May
- 1 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 2 How to get from Nice to Cinque Terre by train
- 3 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 4 portugal
- 5 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 6 London on a sunny day
- 7 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 8 Train tickets
- 9 Sardinia, Italy
- 10 Odessa--7 km bazaar
- 11 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 12 Carpe Diem Flights Booked! Need help w final itinerary France/Switzerland
- 13 Navigo Decouverte
- 14 Student Traveling 2 weeks in France, Italy etc
- 15 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 16 Cell Phone for Italy travel
- 17 Advice Sought for Train Schedule in Spain
- 18 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 19 Ibiza to Valencia- travel tip request
- 20 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 21 Medieval castles dinner from Galway
- 22 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 23 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 24 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 25 A chacun son goût