I might be able to take the last two weeks of May off this year and Turky is on my list of possible destinations. Will it be difficult for a solo, independent traveler to navigate around the country?
I'm thinking of seeing Istanbul, of course, and then Ephesus by way of Selcuk. I think it's also possible to visit Pamukkale from Selcuk, so I'd like to see that as well. After that I'd like to see Cappadocia and perhaps also Goreme. It that seem like too much for two weeks then I can just do Istanbul and one other place.
Like many people on this board, I'm not too keen in guided tour, but if there's an agency that can help me with pre-arranging the necessary transportations to the various destinations then that would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 evening of song and dance
- 2 Walk across Europe: Warsaw - Gibraltar
- 3 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 4 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 5 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 6 Lake Lucerne Boat Travel
- 7 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 8 Helsinki -> Tallin -> Riga OR Tallin -> Riga -> Vilinius ?
- 9 Naples or Genoa
- 10 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 11 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 12 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 13 Where to from Verona
- 14 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 15 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 16 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 17 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 18 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 19 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 20 Train passes
- 21 RENFE error message during payment
- 22 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 23 Munich-6 days in September
- 24 My First Trip to Europe...
- 25 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so