I might be able to take the last two weeks of May off this year and Turky is on my list of possible destinations. Will it be difficult for a solo, independent traveler to navigate around the country?
I'm thinking of seeing Istanbul, of course, and then Ephesus by way of Selcuk. I think it's also possible to visit Pamukkale from Selcuk, so I'd like to see that as well. After that I'd like to see Cappadocia and perhaps also Goreme. It that seem like too much for two weeks then I can just do Istanbul and one other place.
Like many people on this board, I'm not too keen in guided tour, but if there's an agency that can help me with pre-arranging the necessary transportations to the various destinations then that would be great.
Turkey in May
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 2 plug adaptors for Switzerland
- 3 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 4 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 5 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 6 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 7 Madrid and London
- 8 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 11 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 12 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 13 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 14 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 15 Bologna airport to train to Florence
- 16 Gargano Promontory
- 17 London neighborhood suggestions
- 18 Bologna tips
- 19 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 20 Day Trips From Stockton-on-Tees
- 21 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 22 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 23 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 24 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 25 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)