I might be able to take the last two weeks of May off this year and Turky is on my list of possible destinations. Will it be difficult for a solo, independent traveler to navigate around the country?
I'm thinking of seeing Istanbul, of course, and then Ephesus by way of Selcuk. I think it's also possible to visit Pamukkale from Selcuk, so I'd like to see that as well. After that I'd like to see Cappadocia and perhaps also Goreme. It that seem like too much for two weeks then I can just do Istanbul and one other place.
Like many people on this board, I'm not too keen in guided tour, but if there's an agency that can help me with pre-arranging the necessary transportations to the various destinations then that would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 North Carolinians Take Warning
- 2 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 3 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 4 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 5 Brussels for a Hen Party??? Ideas
- 6 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 7 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 8 Help/Advice From Irish Locals and Experts
- 9 spanish winery region(s)
- 10 Best International Sim Card
- 11 Flight delayed to from Manchester to Amsterdam
- 12 Moscow and St Petersburg
- 13 Bandol port of call
- 14 Paris transportation from CDG term 2 to La Defense
- 15 A few highlights of our March trip to London
- 16 December in Deutschland
- 17 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 18 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 19 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 20 Yummy Swiss bites
- 21 Where to stop along the way
- 22 One week trip in early May in the fjords region in Norway
- 23 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 24 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 25 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?