I might be able to take the last two weeks of May off this year and Turky is on my list of possible destinations. Will it be difficult for a solo, independent traveler to navigate around the country?
I'm thinking of seeing Istanbul, of course, and then Ephesus by way of Selcuk. I think it's also possible to visit Pamukkale from Selcuk, so I'd like to see that as well. After that I'd like to see Cappadocia and perhaps also Goreme. It that seem like too much for two weeks then I can just do Istanbul and one other place.
Like many people on this board, I'm not too keen in guided tour, but if there's an agency that can help me with pre-arranging the necessary transportations to the various destinations then that would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 3 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 4 A Month stay in Southern France
- 5 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 6 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 7 Revised itinerary for italy
- 8 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 9 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 10 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 11 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 12 Hotel in Vienna
- 13 Places of interest
- 14 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 15 Switzerland in November?
- 16 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 17 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 18 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 19 vienna
- 20 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 21 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 22 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 23 Ireland travel passport question
- 24 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 25 Oxford England Accommodations