I might be able to take the last two weeks of May off this year and Turky is on my list of possible destinations. Will it be difficult for a solo, independent traveler to navigate around the country?
I'm thinking of seeing Istanbul, of course, and then Ephesus by way of Selcuk. I think it's also possible to visit Pamukkale from Selcuk, so I'd like to see that as well. After that I'd like to see Cappadocia and perhaps also Goreme. It that seem like too much for two weeks then I can just do Istanbul and one other place.
Like many people on this board, I'm not too keen in guided tour, but if there's an agency that can help me with pre-arranging the necessary transportations to the various destinations then that would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacation to europe
- 2 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 3 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 4 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 5 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 6 Driving from Rennes to Geneva
- 7 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 8 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 9 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 10 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 11 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 12 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 13 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 14 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 15 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 16 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 17 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 18 Praiano
- 19 Ronda Wine/biking
- 20 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 21 Undisclsoed location
- 22 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 23 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 24 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 25 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?