I might be able to take the last two weeks of May off this year and Turky is on my list of possible destinations. Will it be difficult for a solo, independent traveler to navigate around the country?
I'm thinking of seeing Istanbul, of course, and then Ephesus by way of Selcuk. I think it's also possible to visit Pamukkale from Selcuk, so I'd like to see that as well. After that I'd like to see Cappadocia and perhaps also Goreme. It that seem like too much for two weeks then I can just do Istanbul and one other place.
Like many people on this board, I'm not too keen in guided tour, but if there's an agency that can help me with pre-arranging the necessary transportations to the various destinations then that would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 2 London 6 day itinerary
- 3 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 4 ATM
- 5 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 6 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 7 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 8 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 9 Living in Paris......for a week
- 10 ATM help
- 11 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 12 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 13 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 14 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 15 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 16 Iceland trip report!
- 17 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 18 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 19 Athens tour guide advice
- 20 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 21 Threat Level in UK
- 22 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 23 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 24 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 25 Bernese Oberland