I might be able to take the last two weeks of May off this year and Turky is on my list of possible destinations. Will it be difficult for a solo, independent traveler to navigate around the country?
I'm thinking of seeing Istanbul, of course, and then Ephesus by way of Selcuk. I think it's also possible to visit Pamukkale from Selcuk, so I'd like to see that as well. After that I'd like to see Cappadocia and perhaps also Goreme. It that seem like too much for two weeks then I can just do Istanbul and one other place.
Like many people on this board, I'm not too keen in guided tour, but if there's an agency that can help me with pre-arranging the necessary transportations to the various destinations then that would be great.
Turkey in May
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Spain
- 2 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 3 5 Observations About Paris
- 4 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 5 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 6 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 7 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 8 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 9 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 10 Scotland November 2015
- 11 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 12 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 13 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 14 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 15 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 16 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 17 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 18 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 19 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 20 Museums in Berlin
- 21 Schengen Visa Rules
- 22 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 23 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 24 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 25 Sono arrivato a Venezia