I might be able to take the last two weeks of May off this year and Turky is on my list of possible destinations. Will it be difficult for a solo, independent traveler to navigate around the country?
I'm thinking of seeing Istanbul, of course, and then Ephesus by way of Selcuk. I think it's also possible to visit Pamukkale from Selcuk, so I'd like to see that as well. After that I'd like to see Cappadocia and perhaps also Goreme. It that seem like too much for two weeks then I can just do Istanbul and one other place.
Like many people on this board, I'm not too keen in guided tour, but if there's an agency that can help me with pre-arranging the necessary transportations to the various destinations then that would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France on my own
- 2 Southern England by Car in 5 days
- 3 Driving in Croatia
- 4 Escorted tours Norway
- 5 14 days in Spain - please help finalize itinerary!
- 6 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?
- 7 Help with basic itinerary
- 8 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 9 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 10 Car rental help in Sicily
- 11 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 12 favorite app for converting US $$
- 13 Dublin and Northern Ireland with public transportation
- 14 One week in London with kids
- 15 Meeting up in the Zurich airport
- 16 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 17 Trip in September
- 18 help with europe itinary
- 19 Iceland with Young Kids
- 20 Switzerland
- 21 Wake Up Mods
- 22 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 23 One Day in Vienna
- 24 credit and debit cards
- 25 Best Tour to see Pisa and Cinque Terra