I might be able to take the last two weeks of May off this year and Turky is on my list of possible destinations. Will it be difficult for a solo, independent traveler to navigate around the country?
I'm thinking of seeing Istanbul, of course, and then Ephesus by way of Selcuk. I think it's also possible to visit Pamukkale from Selcuk, so I'd like to see that as well. After that I'd like to see Cappadocia and perhaps also Goreme. It that seem like too much for two weeks then I can just do Istanbul and one other place.
Like many people on this board, I'm not too keen in guided tour, but if there's an agency that can help me with pre-arranging the necessary transportations to the various destinations then that would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uber vs. TfL
- 2 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 3 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 4 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 5 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 Berlin
- 8 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 9 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 10 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 11 Europe First Timers
- 12 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 13 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 14 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 15 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 16 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 17 Athens Help
- 18 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 19 Berlin -clubs
- 20 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 21 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 22 base in brussels
- 23 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 24 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 25 Brussels Hotel Recommendation