We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 2 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 3 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 4 Munich, Germany
- 5 Capri Ferry Tickets
- 6 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 7 Rome to Portofino -
- 8 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 9 Newcastle train info
- 10 beautiful samos: mini trip report
- 11 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 12 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 13 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 14 The Fjords of Norway, Scandinavia - Itinerary Help for Family of Four
- 15 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 16 Amalfi or Positano
- 17 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 18 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 19 Poland in September
- 20 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 21 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 22 Sim Card
- 23 Public Transport information App/Website
- 24 Ireland to Scotland
- 25 Rome for a week