We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 2 getting on highway from Avignon TVG Europcar rental place
- 3 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 4 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 5 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 6 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 7 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 8 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 9 Munich with a car?
- 10 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 11 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 12 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 13 Toulouse and beyond -
- 14 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 15 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 16 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 17 Reims for a day
- 18 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 19 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 20 Abruzzo for 5 days
- 21 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 22 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 23 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 24 poland to switzerland
- 25 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday