We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 2 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 3 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 4 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 5 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 6 A drive in Europe
- 7 Europe in 21 days
- 8 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 9 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 10 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 11 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 12 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 13 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 14 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 15 UK for 12 days !
- 16 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 17 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 18 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 19 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 20 London hotel
- 21 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 22 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 23 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 24 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 25 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish