We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
- 1 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 2 Family European winter holiday
- 3 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 4 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 5 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 6 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 7 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 8 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 9 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 10 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 11 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 12 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 13 15 days in Europe,
- 14 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 15 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 16 London for Christmas
- 17 Euro Train
- 18 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 19 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 20 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 21 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 22 To Paris and Provence in June
- 23 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 24 Travel by train or bus
- 25 Planning a holiday