We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are Munich and Vienna too similar for same trip?
- 2 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 3 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 4 Dolomites October 14-18
- 5 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
- 6 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 7 http://www.healthcare24by7.org/gavali-advance-review/
- 8 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 9 Seville Itinerary
- 10 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 11 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 12 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 13 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 14 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 15 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 16 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 17 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 18 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 19 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 20 Corsica experts: Where should I spend an extra night?
- 21 8 Days in Corsica--Not Enough!
- 22 Italy by car
- 23 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 24 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 25 T Mobile Does it Again