We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drinks in Spain
- 2 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 3 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 4 Viator's Tuscany in one day sightseeing tour
- 5 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 6 Gelato course in Rome?
- 7 Ali
- 8 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 9 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 10 Too much for one day?
- 11 Travel WiFi - France
- 12 Norfolk base
- 13 Lipari to Capri??
- 14 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 15 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 16 Iceland Trip report
- 17 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 18 12 days europe
- 19 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 20 Spain Itinerary Help
- 21 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 22 RFID Protection
- 23 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 24 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 25 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris