We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 2 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 3 museum passes in Rome
- 4 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 5 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 6 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 7 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 8 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 9 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 10 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 11 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 12 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 13 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 14 Estonia Amber
- 15 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 16 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 17 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 18 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 19 UK for 12 days !
- 20 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 21 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 22 Hungary - Budapest Eger Szentendre photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 23 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 24 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 25 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary