We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with England/Wales tour
- 2 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 3 Spain and Portugal return
- 4 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 5 60 Minutes: Scathing Review of Italy's Care of Cultural Heritage...
- 6 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 7 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 8 Did I miss MaiTai's Paris trip report??
- 9 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 10 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 11 Ireland or Scotland
- 12 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 13 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 14 Question on France travel
- 15 Cruise the River Shannon
- 16 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 17 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 18 Places for a Special Dinner (2 cancer survivors!) in Montecatini
- 19 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 20 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 21 Autumn in Paris
- 22 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 23 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 24 Italy and Croatia
- 25 St Germain