We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best way to travel between Heathrow and Paris
- 2 SE Turkey how safe in Harran, Sanliurfa, Mardin ?
- 3 Advice on Turkey Itinerary
- 4 Is Greece cheaper to visit then Italy and France??
- 5 In Defense of the Notoriously Arrogant French Waiter
- 6 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 7 scotland trave;
- 8 Italy for 5 nights!
- 9 Help with tour of Norway please.
- 10 Paris Bastille Day
- 11 netherland & belgium 7 days pls help
- 12 May 2015 switzerland weather
- 13 Brussels, Copenhagan, Stockholm
- 14 Amsterdam... Hotel recommendations and must sees
- 15 Day Trips by Train from Bologna: Florence, Faenza, Ravenna
- 16 11:00 am flight from Rome & my husband
- 17 Driver/Car Transfer from Pisa to Cinque Terre
- 18 Restaurant recommendations in Copenhagen
- 19 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 20 River Cruise
- 21 Potential trip - Balkans
- 22 car rental agency
- 23 Advice on Romania Itinerary
- 24 Castle/Abbey Ruins in Wales - Night Access
- 25 Paris Art Galleries