We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 First time in London
- 4 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 5 Greek fuel cost
- 6 VRBO South Kensington
- 7 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 8 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 9 Vacation
- 10 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 11 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 12 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 13 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 14 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 15 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 16 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 17 Villas to rent in Ibiza
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 20 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 21 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 22 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 23 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 24 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 25 Seville- Ronda drive time