We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 2 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 3 Manchester on derby weekend
- 4 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 5 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 6 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 7 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 8 Day trips from Uzes
- 9 Greece Experts
- 10 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 11 My First Trip to Europe...
- 12 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 13 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 14 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 15 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 16 Decrepit dame does Deutschland
- 17 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport
- 18 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 19 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 20 Madrid city centre?
- 21 Puglia
- 22 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 23 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 24 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 25 Layover at Orly - Versailles or Paris?