We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 2 Passport
- 3 Is one day in Portofino enough?
- 4 15 nights in Italy
- 5 A month in Normandy (Rouen): calling Normandy afficionados
- 6 Honoring my Father, Belgium, Amsterdam, London and TWO GTGs
- 7 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 8 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 9 Itinerary help for family with young kids
- 10 Portugal itinerary suggestions (with Marrakech tossed in)
- 11 Switzerland 5 days
- 12 Italy Itinerary Feedback wanted!
- 13 Where to buy Saffron?
- 14 Ceramics
- 15 Itinerary feedback, 4/5 days in Iceland
- 16 Andalucia - Food Vocabulary - suggestions, corrections?
- 17 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 18 Cash-free Scandinavia?
- 19 Three days in Athens
- 20 A week in Verona. Please critique my daytrip list.
- 21 3 weeks- Italy and Croatia Trip Itinerary Help
- 22 Need some Venice planning help
- 23 Walking tour of Edinburgh
- 24 Day Trip from London
- 25 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo