We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Montpellier - To do? To eat? To Shop?
- 2 France 8 days
- 3 Alhambra questions
- 4 italy-switzerland travel advice in mid to late May
- 5 Still at a loss for best place to stop on Pyrenees Road trip.
- 6 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 7 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 8 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 9 Lake Bled vs. Soca Valley
- 10 Baltic cruise ports
- 11 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 12 Southern Europe trip (10 NIGHTS - Paris, Barcelona, Milan-Venice-Rome)
- 13 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome
- 14 Italy: How to get from Venice to Todi, Italy
- 15 Trip report Tuscany and Bologna
- 16 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 17 Where to stay in Varenna, Italy for 2 nights?
- 18 Back to Provence in 2015
- 19 Reestaurant Suggestions in Naples
- 20 Sicily and Aeolian Island TRAVELLING SOLO
- 21 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 22 Planning for a Budget Trip to Jersey, Channel Islands
- 23 Mont St. Michele?
- 24 Paris Museum Pass length of life
- 25 Hotels in old Rome