We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 3 getting to CDG
- 4 Towersey, London
- 5 If you had to choose one......
- 6 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 7 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 8 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 9 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 10 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 11 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 12 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 15 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 16 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 17 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 18 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 19 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 20 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 21 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 22 Amalfi Coast help
- 23 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 24 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 25 Ireland in April