We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 2 Recommendations for a Drive through Chianti
- 3 Naxos hotels? has anyone stayed at Finikas?
- 4 8 days in Vienna in December
- 5 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please
- 6 Solvenia to Venice stops on the way
- 7 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 8 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 9 Car rental leaving Rome
- 10 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 11 Christmas Market and Parking
- 12 Paris Under Seige...
- 13 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 14 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 15 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 16 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 17 Advices about our itiniary
- 18 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 19 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 20 Lisbon Portugal to Madrid Spain in January
- 21 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 22 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 23 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 24 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 25 Stroller in Europe