We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
- 1 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 2 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 3 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 4 Is there a Morning Ferry from Mykonos to Paros in late May on a Friday?
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 7 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 8 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 9 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 10 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 11 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 12 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 13 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 14 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 Apartments in Rome
- 17 Which travel plan?
- 18 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 19 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 20 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 21 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 22 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 23 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 24 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 25 London for Christmas