We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 2 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 3 Germany compounding pharmacy
- 4 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 5 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 6 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help
- 7 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 8 Northern Spain
- 9 Has anyone used Waytostay.com for Paris rentals?
- 10 Your favorite restaurants in Milan, please
- 11 week in calabria
- 12 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 13 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 14 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 15 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 16 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 17 Prague Tour Guides and Castle Tickets
- 18 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 19 Akrotiri Tours
- 20 Walking in Oslo
- 21 London hotel tax is 20%
- 22 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 23 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 24 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 25 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France