We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland in December
- 2 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 3 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 4 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 5 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 6 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 7 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 8 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 9 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 10 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 11 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 12 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 13 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 16 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 17 10 days in London in early December
- 18 Iceland
- 19 Greece
- 20 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 21 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 22 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 23 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 24 Berlin to ?
- 25 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?