We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 2 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 3 Stonehenge and Bath
- 4 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 5 How big backpack do I need?
- 6 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 7 Munich Under Attack...
- 8 Should I speculate?
- 9 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 10 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 11 Prague on a budget...
- 12 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 13 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 14 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 15 Le Marche Sept./Oct.
- 16 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 17 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 18 Path of the Gods Question
- 19 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 20 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 21 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 22 Dentix in Spain
- 23 Croatia
- 24 15 days in Sep 2016: Itinerary help pls
- 25 How much do i need?