We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arles as a base?
- 2 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 3 Maratea
- 4 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 5 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 6 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 7 France in 2003
- 8 Rocamaxour
- 9 camino de santiago starting in burgos
- 10 Now for the Venice hotel
- 11 Night Train from Krakow to Budapest
- 12 Traffic Violation fine - don't they want my money?
- 13 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 14 Mari's Northern Spain and the Camino de Santiago Trip Report
- 15 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 16 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 17 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 18 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 19 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 20 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 21 Insight coach tours of Italy & France
- 22 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 23 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 24 South of Switzerland
- 25 A Week in Spain