We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Late October Trip in France
- 2 IDP for Scotland
- 3 Exchanging Dollars for Euros - Best before leaving or after arriving?
- 4 Cell Phones in France
- 5 Andalucia Itinerary
- 6 Attending Church in Rome?
- 7 Sim card in Nice, France
- 8 After Bordeaux - any suggestions?
- 9 "Meals Game Plan" for Rome, Sorrento, and Florence, per piacere.?
- 10 Croatia to Italy last week in September through October (Bernina Express?)
- 11 Iceland first time!
- 12 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 13 Newbie - seeking any advice
- 14 Cinque Terre
- 15 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 16 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 17 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 18 Train tickets in Europe
- 19 5 Nights in the Midlands
- 20 La Colombe d'Or in St. Paul de Vence
- 21 Help, traveling to Barcelona with Baby
- 22 Itinerary suggestions for 7 day trip to Croatia
- 23 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 24 Getting married in Europe- Ceremony
- 25 Enticing Iceland - Our week-long trip around the south