We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 2 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
- 3 2 Weeks Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, Salzburg
- 4 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 5 12 nights in Greek islands
- 6 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 7 Sienna with kids
- 8 Paris food tours?
- 9 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 10 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 11 Validating train tickets - Germany, Switzwerland
- 12 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 13 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 14 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 15 Paris in July - side trip to South of France
- 16 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 17 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 18 Perugia and Rome by train and bus
- 19 Classical Music in Milan
- 20 Italy/Switzerland in the fall
- 21 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 22 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 23 Athens hotel with - you guessed it - view of the Acropolis
- 24 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 25 Pousadas in Portugal