We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 2 One week in Bavaria, Salzburg and Prague
- 3 Birthday trip for Mom in May 2015
- 4 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 5 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 6 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 7 Airbnb scam
- 8 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 9 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 10 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 11 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 12 Tipping in the UK
- 13 Central Europe itinerary
- 14 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 15 floods in Andalucia
- 16 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 17 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 18 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 19 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 20 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 21 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 22 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 23 Arriving in Prague
- 24 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 25 4 Months in Europe