We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
- 1 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 2 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 3 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 4 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 7 London for Christmas
- 8 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 9 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 10 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 11 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 12 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 13 Istanbul hotels
- 14 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 15 2 Week European Itinerary
- 16 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 17 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 18 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 19 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 20 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 21 More help with housing in Puglia
- 22 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 23 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 24 To Paris and Provence in June
- 25 Channel Islands