We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 2 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 3 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 4 Is this realistic... advice?
- 5 Satnav maps update
- 6 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 7 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 8 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 9 Great restaurants in Italy
- 10 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 11 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 12 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 13 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 14 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 15 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 16 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 17 Best place to base for Yorkshire Dales, York and area
- 18 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 19 mallorca
- 20 Spanish Music
- 21 Paris winter sales
- 22 Germany for 3 weeks
- 23 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 24 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 25 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days