We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 2 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 3 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 4 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 5 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 6 British Airways Carry-On Luggage - Need Help!
- 7 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 8 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 9 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 10 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 11 Train from Rome Airport FCO to Florence
- 12 TR- A jaunt to Paris March 15
- 13 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 14 Top 5 choices from London
- 15 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 16 Transportation in Paris
- 17 Do American College Student IDs work for free museum entrance
- 18 Greek Island honeymoon
- 19 2 Days in Brussels
- 20 Santorini (Greece) : Ferries pros and cons
- 21 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 22 Europcar (via Kemwel) - rent GPS at pickup?
- 23 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 24 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 25 Train from Milano Malpensa DIRECTLY to Bologna Centrale?