We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 2 9 days in London
- 3 Lyon
- 4 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 5 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 6 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 Santorini lodging
- 9 Milan private guide
- 10 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 11 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 12 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 13 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 14 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 15 Italian lakes
- 16 Ronda Wine/biking
- 17 What do after Bernia Express?
- 18 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 19 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 20 Self drive tour companies
- 21 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 22 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 23 Ischia
- 24 Germany family road trip help!
- 25 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones