We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 2 Giverny in early October?
- 3 Voltage in UK and France
- 4 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 5 Another Maitai Pre-Adventure Conundrum
- 6 Spain Night Train in Recliner
- 7 Alterations to night trains routes
- 8 Interested In Coach Passes
- 9 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 10 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 11 Where to stay one night during our drive from Amboise to Avignon?
- 12 Two Days in Prague
- 13 Air France strike
- 14 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 15 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 16 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 17 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 18 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 19 Schengen Visa
- 20 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 21 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 22 london in 2.5 days
- 23 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 24 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 25 Concert at St. Chapelle question