We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?
- 2 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 3 italy
- 4 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 5 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 6 London in 3 days! Help with lodging, please!
- 7 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 8 Foie gras, redux
- 9 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 10 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 11 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 12 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 13 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 14 What to wear
- 15 What still confounds you about travel?
- 16 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 17 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 18 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 19 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 20 Pronunciation
- 21 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 22 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 23 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 24 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 25 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015