We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 cell phone companys
- 2 Beaches in Southern France
- 3 Brixen/ Bressanone: ideas for a few days?
- 4 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 5 Swinoujscie Ferry Arrival
- 6 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 7 Travel between Paris, Normandy and Brugges
- 8 Travel to Karlsrhue
- 9 3 days to spend in europe
- 10 Budget stay in or around Heidelberg
- 11 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 12 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 13 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 14 Affordable French language course in France?
- 15 Budapest on a budget
- 16 Staying in or around Koblenz?
- 17 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 18 Italy in October
- 19 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 20 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 21 Vizeat -- Anybody tried it?
- 22 Why doesn't anyone talk about staying in the 2nd arr in Paris? Am I blind?
- 23 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 24 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 25 Car Rental at Malaga Port