We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 2 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 3 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 4 Dynamic Currency Conversion is Alive & Well in Paris
- 5 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 6 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 7 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 8 Safety concerns?
- 9 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 10 Private transportation
- 11 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 12 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 13 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 14 Global Travel Warning...
- 15 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 16 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 17 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 18 Do i need a Swiss Half-fare travelcard?
- 19 Morning in paris
- 20 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 21 Advices about our itiniary
- 22 Balkans Itinerary
- 23 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 24 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 25 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe