We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 2 The Birthday Celebration in Italy!
- 3 Leaving for Tuscany in 3 weeks!
- 4 Questions about Flamenco in Madrid
- 5 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 6 Southern Spain - itinerary suggestions?
- 7 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 8 Using O2 in Europe?
- 9 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 10 Favorite European cemeteries?
- 11 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 12 Istanbul to budapest
- 13 Renfe Train Ticket Buying Success! (Paypal)
- 14 London: favorite recent exhibits?
- 15 Ireland - Insight into group tours/budget
- 16 Santorini Location
- 17 Mirrors?
- 18 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 19 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 20 Hotel Royal St Honore - Paris in August
- 21 La Tavola Marche
- 22 Coastal Causeway Route- Northern Ireland
- 23 From Schipol to ?
- 24 2 weeks in France next May
- 25 where do you look when you're trying to book a villa last minute?