We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 2 Barcelona on budget
- 3 Advice for England and France travels?
- 4 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 5 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 6 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 7 please revew provence agenda
- 8 Italy 2010 - Lake Garda to Rome via Dolomites, Verona, Bologna and Tuscany
- 9 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 10 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 11 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 12 Does anyone ever "meet the locals"?
- 13 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 14 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 15 Where to go in March??
- 16 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 17 Late June 2017 - Capri/Amalfi Coast vs Serengeti Safari
- 18 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 19 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 20 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 21 Dublin Ireland Advice Needed
- 22 Best way to get out of London and rent a car?
- 23 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 24 Car service- Suitcase & hand luggage
- 25 Car rental/train option to Paola/San Lucido Italy? - Mom and 3 kids