We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 Days in Spain
- 2 God Save the Queen?
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 8 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 9 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 10 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 13 Paris to Italy
- 14 Driving through Paris
- 15 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 16 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 17 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 18 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 Road trip with our dog
- 21 Frankfurt to UK
- 22 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 23 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Great Value Vacations - NOT