We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 2 Living and Studying in Moscow Russia
- 3 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 4 Italy late Sept to early Oct 2015
- 5 Driver/Car Transfer from Pisa to Cinque Terre
- 6 Venice tourist travel pass
- 7 Need help with Sicilian itineraries
- 8 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 9 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 10 DVD players in France
- 11 Sicily - Piazza Armerina from Siracusa?
- 12 Train from Sarlat
- 13 Travel from Amsterdam to Pisa
- 14 Two days in Dublin
- 15 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 16 4 days in Scotland
- 17 11:00 am flight from Rome & my husband
- 18 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 19 RER B Schedule on a Sunday Morning
- 20 Best Neighborhood To Stay In In Rome
- 21 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 22 Barcelona restaurants
- 23 BAR; SEV; MAD - Apr/May Activity: Running, Tennis and concerts ...
- 24 Cinque Terre and Côte d'Azur
- 25 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France