We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St. Paul's Cathedral bells
- 2 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 3 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 4 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 5 Vienna.stay in pension.
- 6 Spain for 7 days
- 7 Spending money in Italy?
- 8 Help! Only a few days in CROTIA: where would you go?
- 9 Biking across Europe
- 10 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 11 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 12 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?
- 13 Normandy in October
- 14 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 15 I went to Paris in June
- 16 "Cool" places for dinner in Rome when it's hot
- 17 Paris in October solo - potpourri of questions
- 18 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 19 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz
- 20 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 21 How do I use a SIM card in Spain and Portugal?
- 22 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 24 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 25 Help! Just 3 nights in CROATIA: where should we go?