We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 2 Cotswold Churches
- 3 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 4 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 5 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 6 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 7 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 8 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 9 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 10 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 11 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 12 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 13 Ireland: Which region and where to go? (1st timer)
- 14 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 15 London Trip Travel
- 16 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 17 I dream of Europe
- 18 Weekend in Norfolk
- 19 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 20 St Germain
- 21 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 22 Autumn in Paris
- 23 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 24 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 25 Norway 2014