We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy in November
- 2 Renfe Schedule Release Policy?
- 3 Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau
- 4 €2500 for full day boating outing on Amalfi coast?
- 5 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 6 Best home base for a week in the Italian Lakes?
- 7 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 8 My summer in Paris
- 9 la spezia vs. levanto
- 10 La Colombe d'Or in St. Paul de Vence
- 11 Cycling in Denmark, land of burgers and bread
- 12 Amsterdam and beyond
- 13 A nice, quiet and affordable place to stay?
- 14 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 15 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 16 Andalucia Itinerary
- 17 Southern Puglia Italy
- 18 How to get from Athens airport to Kalamata
- 19 Scottish pounds - coins too?
- 20 6 nights in Dublin
- 21 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 22 experiences in Paris and Amalfi Coast
- 23 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 24 Paris food tours?
- 25 Attending Church in Rome?