We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip from Barcelona? Single female
- 2 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto
- 3 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 4 2 full days in Paris
- 5 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 6 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 7 Terrorism in Europe
- 8 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 9 Leaving for Paris in three weeks, what are the must "book ahead" sights?
- 10 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 11 Bamberg and Environs - 9 nights
- 12 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 13 Barcelona at night? Single female...
- 14 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 15 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 16 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 17 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 18 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 19 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 20 Planning a trip to Northern Italy/Lake Como
- 21 Greece - Sailing in Santorini
- 22 Hiking the Gap of Dunloe
- 23 Wernigerode and The Harz - Where to base oneself?
- 24 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 25 Hotel in Lake Garda or Desenzano del Gard