We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 2 London
- 3 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 4 Touring Rome
- 5 Calling on all Alps hiking experts for some advice
- 6 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 7 Basque region and/or Galicia?
- 8 Cornwall and Germany
- 9 Northern Wales Itinerary Review
- 10 Florence: a piece of precious, magical art in its own right
- 11 Where can I find the best steak in London?
- 12 honeymoon eats and drinks
- 13 England/Scotland in January?
- 14 First visit to Paris, 6 days
- 15 first time to Europe: London Paris & ?
- 16 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day
- 17 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 18 lodging in/near madrid
- 19 October trip to St. Petersburg, Tallinn and Helsinki?
- 20 November Eastern Europe Trip
- 21 Itinerary advice needed for Europe summer 2016
- 22 SIM card in Sicily
- 23 Train strikes - Spain
- 24 seeking advice for Turkey trip in November
- 25 Advise for 4 days in Peloponnese