We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 2 5 Night Suggested Itinerary - South Iceland/Reykjavik
- 3 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 4 Stay away from EF Tours
- 5 Folegandros info?
- 6 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 7 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 8 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 9 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 10 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 11 Cell Phones in France & Spain
- 12 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 13 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 14 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 15 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 16 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 17 I went to Paris in June
- 18 Student Visas/Schengen Zone
- 19 Bike touring in France
- 20 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 21 Does this sound feasible?
- 22 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 23 Madrid and London
- 24 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 25 Spain- Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park