We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 2 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 3 The places that must be visited while in Turkey
- 4 My Turkey Trip Had Ups and Downs
- 5 Vienna State Opera Tickets
- 6 London Itinerary (4 Days)
- 7 Good food deals in Spain
- 8 using airbnb for the first time...
- 9 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 10 Madrid: City Views
- 11 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 12 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 13 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 14 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 15 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 16 Gifts from the States for European Hosts
- 17 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 18 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 19 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 20 How to make this adventure work?
- 21 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 22 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 23 dining in Brussels
- 24 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 25 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport