We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel in Paris
- 2 Where to stay near Pont du Gard
- 3 Mont St. Michele?
- 4 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 5 Any Pros Out There on Sending FedEx from Italy to U.S.?
- 6 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 7 Southwestern England
- 8 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 9 Amsterdam with young toddler
- 10 Apartments (via airbnb) or Hotels / B&Bs in Italy
- 11 Belgium for 4 nights by train
- 12 Where to stay in Varenna, Italy for 2 nights?
- 13 Alhambra questions
- 14 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 15 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?
- 16 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 17 Drone video of the north of the Netherlands
- 18 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 19 Itinerary help for 3 weeks Frankfurt to Paris
- 20 Traffic fine one year later! What to do?
- 21 EuroRail- Italy vs. Tickets
- 22 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 23 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 24 Can You Name theTen Most Popular Tourist Cities In Europe???
- 25 Critique my Paris Itinerary