We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I dream of Europe
- 2 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 3 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 4 First Time to UK since 2001
- 5 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 6 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 7 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 8 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 9 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 10 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 11 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 12 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 13 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 14 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 15 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 16 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 17 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 18 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 19 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 20 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 21 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 22 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 23 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 24 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 25 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks