We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 2 Christmas in Paris.....On Going Trip Report
- 3 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 4 Need Suggestions for Trip to Poland and Possibly Lithuania
- 5 Madrid city centre?
- 6 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 7 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 8 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 9 train from ravenna to parma
- 10 counselling in West London
- 11 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 12 France to stop making foie grois
- 13 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 14 http://supplementskings.com/forever-bust/
- 15 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 16 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 17 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 18 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 19 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 20 Rail Travel: Eurail Pass or Train Tickets
- 21 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 22 Stonehenge and Bath
- 23 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 24 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 25 Day Trip from Lausanne