We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 2 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 3 VISA question
- 4 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 5 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 6 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 7 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 8 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 9 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 10 France,Spain,Italy
- 11 Which european city?
- 12 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 13 Schengen Visa Rules
- 14 Rome or Stockholm - PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND
- 15 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 16 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 17 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 18 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 19 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 20 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 21 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 22 Scotland November 2015
- 23 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 24 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 25 All Set To Go!!