We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stockholm+Copenhagen or Amsterdam + Ghent + Brugge in July
- 2 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 3 Montpillier Car Rental Return Help
- 4 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 5 Holding bags in Paris
- 6 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 7 Italy - Sorrento to Rome
- 8 From London to Italy - where to go?
- 9 Trip to France (Provence, Languedoc/Roussillon) - a quick summary
- 10 Edinburgh Questions...
- 11 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 13 Nonstop from Belfast to ...???
- 14 Help me celebrate my daughter's 10th Birthday in Austria!
- 15 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 16 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 17 Planning first trip to Germany, looking for any recommendations!!!
- 18 ICELAND DAY 2 and 3!
- 19 Anyone ever used Northwest Walks or Sherpa for a C2C England hike?
- 20 SIXT car rental uk
- 21 Where to stay in Delft and Antwerp
- 22 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 23 Advice on Transportation - Berlin
- 24 A month in northern Italy: Mountains, Lakes and Castles
- 25 Bulle/Charmey (Gruyere region)