We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 2 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 3 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 4 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 5 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 6 London GTG late September?
- 7 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 8 Scottish Passport
- 9 Air France strike
- 10 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 11 Find a long term rental studio in Paris
- 12 Amsterdam
- 13 BARCELONA: renting a car to Costa Brava
- 14 Best day trips from Paris
- 15 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 16 Sunny September Trip Report
- 17 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 18 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 19 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 20 Italy tours
- 21 Norway Advice
- 22 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 23 Travel insurance, interruption or cancelation?
- 24 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 25 See You In Minsk