We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to take to Germany
- 2 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 3 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 4 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 5 Private transportation
- 6 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 7 Scotland Trip
- 8 Suggestions for travel
- 9 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 10 Paris Under Seige...
- 11 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 12 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 13 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 14 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 15 Holiday in Austria
- 16 Suggest the best land-based casino in Central London
- 17 4 week trip Turkey
- 18 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 19 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 20 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 21 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 22 What one thing in Paris?
- 23 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?
- 24 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 25 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor