We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh Questions...
- 2 Trip Help: 3-4 weeks in July
- 3 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 4 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 5 Holding bags in Paris
- 6 Cost comparison b/w Paris and Switzerland(wengen)
- 7 Stockholm+Copenhagen or Amsterdam + Ghent + Brugge in July
- 8 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 9 Barcelona to south of France
- 10 England/Scotland In January questions
- 11 Montpillier Car Rental Return Help
- 12 Nymphenburg Palace in Munich: how much time to allow?
- 13 Two one week bases in Sicily
- 14 Itinerary for 33 days, Portugal-Spain-Morocco, sensible?
- 15 Place to stay in London
- 16 A month in northern Italy: Mountains, Lakes and Castles
- 17 Breakfast by Roman Colosseum Suggestions?
- 18 Reserve train tickets Bern to Wengen if already have BO regional pass?
- 19 Cornwall and Germany
- 20 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 21 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 22 Italy - Sorrento to Rome
- 23 From London to Italy - where to go?
- 24 Trip to France (Provence, Languedoc/Roussillon) - a quick summary
- 25 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium