We intend to visit Turkey for about 10 days in July with our 16 and 19 year olds. We are healthy mid-50's. We will continue on to Santorini and then fly back to the states. We figure about 10 days in Turkey.
So where to start? Of course Istanbul. Then what? We love great sights - love the ocean and cliffs. We love staying in hotels with a view. We love anything different - cities, history. My husband has difficulty in the heat so we tend to do short visits to sun soaked ruins, but we do love it (I'm a teacher so there's no choice about when we travel).
We are open to renting a car, flying around (if not too costly), train, bus, or group tour (though we tend not to like that very much).
Any advice is appreciated.
Turkey in July Where to Start?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 2 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 3 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 4 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 5 Budapest hop on hop off bus tour
- 6 Never To Return
- 7 Amalfi Coast in October
- 8 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 9 Italy Trenitalia Strike
- 10 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 11 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 12 eateries in Puglia
- 13 Rome to Amafi coast
- 14 How much luggage?????
- 15 Is WESTMINSTER & WEST END in London the best parts to stay?
- 16 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 17 Terrorism in Europe
- 18 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 19 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 20 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 21 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 22 Where to stay on Lake Como with Car
- 23 Hotel in Lake Garda or Desenzano del Gard
- 24 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 25 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago