So I'm landing in Izmir and going to Selcuk where we'll be staying for 2 nights in early July - yes Im aware it's going to hot
We land at 8am and we'll be at our hotel by 9 in Selcuk, planning to have breakfast and then head out to see Ephesus. The thing is...i'm not big into ruins. i get Ephesus is a great classical city etc etc but in the heat I'm pretty sure I'm going to not want to wander around looking at ruins. Instead for the day I may want to go to the coast and swim in a calm, shallow, warm ocean.
I hear Kusadasi is 30 mins away - but what beach should I go to? And I hear Pamucak beach is closest - and is it warm, shallow, calm to dip in?
Day 2 we'll be going to see Pammukale.
Turkey - Ephesus or Pamucak beach for a day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 2 Student Visas/Schengen Zone
- 3 Cell Phones in France & Spain
- 4 Bike touring in France
- 5 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 6 Does this sound feasible?
- 7 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 8 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 9 Stay away from EF Tours
- 10 Madrid and London
- 11 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 12 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 13 Spain- Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park
- 14 Trip report Lofoten in Norway
- 15 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 16 Ireland driving vacation
- 17 I went to Paris in June
- 18 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 19 Norway -- Nutshell tour and Stavanger
- 20 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 21 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 22 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 23 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 24 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 25 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report