So I'm landing in Izmir and going to Selcuk where we'll be staying for 2 nights in early July - yes Im aware it's going to hot
We land at 8am and we'll be at our hotel by 9 in Selcuk, planning to have breakfast and then head out to see Ephesus. The thing is...i'm not big into ruins. i get Ephesus is a great classical city etc etc but in the heat I'm pretty sure I'm going to not want to wander around looking at ruins. Instead for the day I may want to go to the coast and swim in a calm, shallow, warm ocean.
I hear Kusadasi is 30 mins away - but what beach should I go to? And I hear Pamucak beach is closest - and is it warm, shallow, calm to dip in?
Day 2 we'll be going to see Pammukale.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 2 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 3 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 4 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 5 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 6 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 7 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 8 Europe First Timers
- 9 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 10 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 11 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 12 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 13 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 14 Iceland for Nine Days
- 15 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 20 Rome or Venice first
- 21 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 22 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 23 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 24 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 25 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona