So I'm landing in Izmir and going to Selcuk where we'll be staying for 2 nights in early July - yes Im aware it's going to hot
We land at 8am and we'll be at our hotel by 9 in Selcuk, planning to have breakfast and then head out to see Ephesus. The thing is...i'm not big into ruins. i get Ephesus is a great classical city etc etc but in the heat I'm pretty sure I'm going to not want to wander around looking at ruins. Instead for the day I may want to go to the coast and swim in a calm, shallow, warm ocean.
I hear Kusadasi is 30 mins away - but what beach should I go to? And I hear Pamucak beach is closest - and is it warm, shallow, calm to dip in?
Day 2 we'll be going to see Pammukale.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 2 English Countryside
- 3 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 4 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 5 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 6 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 7 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 8 Paris---baguette question???
- 9 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 10 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 11 Scenic Driving Routes
- 12 Visiting Spain in January
- 13 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 14 Flights from Croatia
- 15 Amsterdam Festival of LIghts
- 16 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 17 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 18 Visiting Europe for 1 week: Prague or Rome?
- 19 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 20 London in a Nutshell! - Travel Report
- 21 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 22 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 23 Europe in late January
- 24 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 25 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May