So I'm landing in Izmir and going to Selcuk where we'll be staying for 2 nights in early July - yes Im aware it's going to hot
We land at 8am and we'll be at our hotel by 9 in Selcuk, planning to have breakfast and then head out to see Ephesus. The thing is...i'm not big into ruins. i get Ephesus is a great classical city etc etc but in the heat I'm pretty sure I'm going to not want to wander around looking at ruins. Instead for the day I may want to go to the coast and swim in a calm, shallow, warm ocean.
I hear Kusadasi is 30 mins away - but what beach should I go to? And I hear Pamucak beach is closest - and is it warm, shallow, calm to dip in?
Day 2 we'll be going to see Pammukale.
Turkey - Ephesus or Pamucak beach for a day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 2 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 3 Dresden or Leipzig
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 6 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 7 South of France November Trip Report
- 8 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 9 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 10 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 11 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 12 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 13 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 14 Help With Vienna
- 15 Flying from Paris to London: logistics help?
- 16 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 17 Turkey Family Vacation packages From India.
- 18 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 19 FREE SATNAV WORLDWIDE with OFFLINE NAVIGATION on Windows 8 phones
- 20 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 21 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 22 Nice or Marseille??
- 23 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 24 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 25 Air pollution in Paris