So I'm landing in Izmir and going to Selcuk where we'll be staying for 2 nights in early July - yes Im aware it's going to hot
We land at 8am and we'll be at our hotel by 9 in Selcuk, planning to have breakfast and then head out to see Ephesus. The thing is...i'm not big into ruins. i get Ephesus is a great classical city etc etc but in the heat I'm pretty sure I'm going to not want to wander around looking at ruins. Instead for the day I may want to go to the coast and swim in a calm, shallow, warm ocean.
I hear Kusadasi is 30 mins away - but what beach should I go to? And I hear Pamucak beach is closest - and is it warm, shallow, calm to dip in?
Day 2 we'll be going to see Pammukale.
Turkey - Ephesus or Pamucak beach for a day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 2 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 3 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 4 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 5 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 6 Three ferries to Mull
- 7 American Express
- 8 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 9 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 10 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 11 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 12 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 13 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 14 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 15 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 16 Story of the German Christmas star
- 17 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 18 Airport ATMs
- 19 All Set To Go!!
- 20 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 21 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 22 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 23 Birmingham- Winter Sunday
- 24 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 25 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival