So I'm landing in Izmir and going to Selcuk where we'll be staying for 2 nights in early July - yes Im aware it's going to hot
We land at 8am and we'll be at our hotel by 9 in Selcuk, planning to have breakfast and then head out to see Ephesus. The thing is...i'm not big into ruins. i get Ephesus is a great classical city etc etc but in the heat I'm pretty sure I'm going to not want to wander around looking at ruins. Instead for the day I may want to go to the coast and swim in a calm, shallow, warm ocean.
I hear Kusadasi is 30 mins away - but what beach should I go to? And I hear Pamucak beach is closest - and is it warm, shallow, calm to dip in?
Day 2 we'll be going to see Pammukale.
Turkey - Ephesus or Pamucak beach for a day?
- 1 British drivers
- 2 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 3 A full week in The Netherlands
- 4 Prague Main Train Station
- 5 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 6 Spain Travel
- 7 Venice in Jan
- 8 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 9 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 10 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 11 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 12 Southern France
- 13 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 14 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 15 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 16 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 17 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 18 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 Public transport from Ostuni
- 21 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 22 Itinerary Questions
- 23 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 24 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 25 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?