So, I'm crossing my comfort level and stretching myself by planning a trip to Turkey.
Primary reason: I'm a huge history guy and Turkey is full of it! =-D
My only other trips abroad have been to Dublin (2010) and London (2011). Some questions to help get me started planning:
Language: how cumbersome is the language barrier?
Public transport: fairy easy to navigate?
Add a third city to this list: Istanbul, Ankara, ...
Most over-rated place that every guidebook says you must go
Most overlooked must-see or experience
Turkey - Early planning
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 2 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 3 Great London Bars with a view
- 4 I dream of Europe
- 5 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 6 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 7 Too many Trip Reports
- 8 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 9 Reykjavik hotels
- 10 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 11 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 12 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 13 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 14 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 15 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 16 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 17 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 18 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 19 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 20 Help with England/Wales tour
- 21 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 22 Hotels that we found special
- 23 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 24 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 25 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report