So, I'm crossing my comfort level and stretching myself by planning a trip to Turkey.
Primary reason: I'm a huge history guy and Turkey is full of it! =-D
My only other trips abroad have been to Dublin (2010) and London (2011). Some questions to help get me started planning:
Language: how cumbersome is the language barrier?
Public transport: fairy easy to navigate?
Add a third city to this list: Istanbul, Ankara, ...
Most over-rated place that every guidebook says you must go
Most overlooked must-see or experience
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 2 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 3 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 4 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 5 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 6 Itinerary Help!
- 7 Skip the line passes for Venice, Florence, Rome
- 8 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 9 London Itinerary and Questions
- 10 Well, I'm always warning people
- 11 Iceland and Germany, late Oct.-Nov trip, need feedback!
- 12 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 13 Geneva Airport Arrival
- 14 italy itinerary
- 15 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 16 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 17 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 18 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 19 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?
- 20 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 21 Istanbul: Where to buy well-made slippers in Sultanahmet (Arasta...)?
- 22 5 Days in Corsica
- 23 Cork or Galway?
- 24 French lavender and cottages
- 25 Underground between kings Cross and Waterloo Main Line Station