So, I'm crossing my comfort level and stretching myself by planning a trip to Turkey.
Primary reason: I'm a huge history guy and Turkey is full of it! =-D
My only other trips abroad have been to Dublin (2010) and London (2011). Some questions to help get me started planning:
Language: how cumbersome is the language barrier?
Public transport: fairy easy to navigate?
Add a third city to this list: Istanbul, Ankara, ...
Most over-rated place that every guidebook says you must go
Most overlooked must-see or experience
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian Riviera
- 2 Explore Bergen myself or Take Norway In A Nutshell from Oslo to Bergen?
- 3 sfo to europe
- 4 Switzerland in mid-April
- 5 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 6 Ireland/Scotland Trip: Itinerary Help Needed
- 7 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 8 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 9 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 10 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 11 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 12 Rue des Rosiers
- 13 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 14 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 15 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 16 Hamam Istanbul?
- 17 Holiday in Austria
- 18 Paris Under Seige...
- 19 First Trip to Europe!
- 20 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 21 visa appointment experience
- 22 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 23 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 24 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 25 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!