So, I'm crossing my comfort level and stretching myself by planning a trip to Turkey.
Primary reason: I'm a huge history guy and Turkey is full of it! =-D
My only other trips abroad have been to Dublin (2010) and London (2011). Some questions to help get me started planning:
Language: how cumbersome is the language barrier?
Public transport: fairy easy to navigate?
Add a third city to this list: Istanbul, Ankara, ...
Most over-rated place that every guidebook says you must go
Most overlooked must-see or experience
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 2 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 3 Low Cost Holidays Package
- 4 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 5 Alitala
- 6 Which Hotel in Rome
- 7 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 8 First Solo Adventure
- 9 Trains in Italy
- 10 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 11 Are you interested in visiting Iceland or you already have?
- 12 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 13 Georgia in 4 days
- 14 Where should I go with my family?
- 15 First Solo Adventure
- 16 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 17 PARIS
- 18 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 19 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 20 Crete Holiday
- 21 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 22 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 23 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 24 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 25 Where??-2 night trip from London