So, I'm crossing my comfort level and stretching myself by planning a trip to Turkey.
Primary reason: I'm a huge history guy and Turkey is full of it! =-D
My only other trips abroad have been to Dublin (2010) and London (2011). Some questions to help get me started planning:
Language: how cumbersome is the language barrier?
Public transport: fairy easy to navigate?
Add a third city to this list: Istanbul, Ankara, ...
Most over-rated place that every guidebook says you must go
Most overlooked must-see or experience
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to save money when travellin' to London
- 2 First trip to Italy
- 3 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 4 Travel vs. Babies
- 5 St Tropez vs Monaco
- 6 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 7 Trip Report on A Perfect Three Days in S. Corsica
- 8 Le Marche Research Help
- 9 Northern lights in December
- 10 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 11 Verona and Lake Garda
- 12 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 13 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 14 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 15 European Cooking Secrets
- 16 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome
- 17 20 Days in Europe
- 18 The Local at -- Bavarian Police: Europe under Siege
- 19 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 20 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 21 Italy - rental car damages query
- 22 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 23 London's Must Sights!
- 24 McRent, Germany - AVOID!!!
- 25 Travel help