I apologise if this has been already covered in a post (and would be grateful for the link) but I am planning a 5 week trip in Sept - Oct 2012. I would like to visit any of Turkey, Croatia, Greece or Sicily (either 2 or 3 of these).
I know my itineries I would follow for these destinations (about 9 days each) but even though they look close together on the map, transfers are not straighforward. I think my decision on which countries to visit will come down to transfers. - happy with rail, road, ferry, plane - but not small planes!
Am wanting to do 7 day sailing trip form Split- Split, then bus to Kotor for 2 days.
How do I get from Kotor - or back to Split, Dubrovnik to any other of my destination?
In Turkey, i want to visit Istanbul, Cappadoccia (by plane), Epheusus and Gallipoli.
Greek dream destinations are Rhodes, Corfu, Crete, Athens, delphi and Cappadoccia.
Sicily - would like to spend 7-8 days - know we can't see it all.
I hope to visit all of these one day, but want to go with the most logical connections/timing this trip.
Any advice gratefully received,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 2 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 3 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 4 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 7 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 8 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 9 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 10 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 11 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 12 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 13 Super Cover For Hertz
- 14 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 15 When to Visit Scotland
- 16 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 17 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 18 Amalfi Coast help
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 Sicily
- 21 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 22 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 23 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 24 Where to buy Saffron?
- 25 English Countryside