I apologise if this has been already covered in a post (and would be grateful for the link) but I am planning a 5 week trip in Sept - Oct 2012. I would like to visit any of Turkey, Croatia, Greece or Sicily (either 2 or 3 of these).
I know my itineries I would follow for these destinations (about 9 days each) but even though they look close together on the map, transfers are not straighforward. I think my decision on which countries to visit will come down to transfers. - happy with rail, road, ferry, plane - but not small planes!
Am wanting to do 7 day sailing trip form Split- Split, then bus to Kotor for 2 days.
How do I get from Kotor - or back to Split, Dubrovnik to any other of my destination?
In Turkey, i want to visit Istanbul, Cappadoccia (by plane), Epheusus and Gallipoli.
Greek dream destinations are Rhodes, Corfu, Crete, Athens, delphi and Cappadoccia.
Sicily - would like to spend 7-8 days - know we can't see it all.
I hope to visit all of these one day, but want to go with the most logical connections/timing this trip.
Any advice gratefully received,
Turkey Croatia Greece Sicily - transfers
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 2 Is this the right way<>?
- 3 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 4 Art in Paris
- 5 Too many Trip Reports
- 6 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 7 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 8 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 9 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 10 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 11 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 12 First trip to Iceland! Need help planning!
- 13 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 14 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 15 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 16 Hotels that we found special
- 17 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 18 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 19 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 20 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 21 Great London Bars with a view
- 22 Rome Food Tour
- 23 Paris, Ile de France...and WHERE? 1st trip to France in June! Oh la la!
- 24 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 25 Roaming Romania, Take Two