A friend and I want to travel to Turkey or Italy from Sep 22 to Oct 1
We are leaving from California.
I am overwhelm with my travel books and will like to get some ideas.
We enjoy car trips (last year we drove in the south of Spain and was amazing).
Turkey: I love to visit beaches so I was thinking Istanbul for a few days and then to the coast. (Mediterranean or the Aegean..?)
Italy: I was thinking flying into Milan drive down to Cinque Terre then Tuscany then hit Rome...is that a lot?
Also, the other idea was to do Amalfi Coast -looks so beautiful but I heard can be busy for drivers.
I have read other blogs and you all are amazing at giving advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 2 Train travel
- 3 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 4 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 5 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 6 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 7 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
- 8 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 9 Christmas Markets 2017
- 10 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 11 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 12 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 13 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 14 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 15 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 16 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 17 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 18 Hotel recommendations: Venice, Florence and Rome
- 19 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 20 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 21 Wengen 3 1/2 days trip final suggestion
- 22 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 23 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 24 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 25 Appenzell in December?