I'm finally making it to Turkey at the end of October and will have a full 11 days to explore. Would love some advice as you guys are always so helpful!
We are planning on 4 days in Istanbul and we definitely want to do Cappodccia so I'm assuming we need 2 nights there. After that we are thoroughly confused! We would love to spend 2 nights along the coast and definitely get on the water for at least a day with a boat trip. We really don't like touristy/resorty beach places and prefer charming little seaside villages that have beautiful views and are cultural. For that reason I'm thinking that Bodrum is probably not for us. But the question is- where would we want to go? The Black Sea? somewhere else along the Aegean sea? Or should we be going to the Mediterranian and stay somewhere close to a place like Olympos which i heard was very interesting also?
Of course the other big question is- do we or don't we do Ephesus? We don't want to burn out on historical sites but I'm not sure we should miss this. We have been to places like Pompeii and Petra and have loved both- how does this compare?
Ok any advice you have would be much appreciated! Would love other recommends if I'm missing something here. We prefer a mix of historical sites, art and culture culture culture!
thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 토토 총판 홍보# [카톡 아이디: vs486 ♥텔레그램: vs486
- 2 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 3 Athens Help
- 4 Crete Holiday
- 5 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 6 Travel in Europe
- 7 Whathello Paris
- 8 Rome to Venice
- 9 Bordeaux to Nice
- 10 One free day in Barcelona
- 11 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 12 November in Rome
- 13 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 14 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 15 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 16 Trains in Italy
- 17 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 18 Sicily help
- 19 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 20 Christmas markets
- 21 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 22 PARIS
- 23 Germany or Sweden
- 24 Alitala
- 25 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid