After a few years, I think we might be ready for Turkey. i originally posted back in Feb of 2010. http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/turkey-2-week-trip-planning.cfm#comments-open
We are in our early 30's, love art, ruins, architecture and food. We prefer to travel at a leisurely place staying in a few places.
We would like to visit Istanbul, the ruins Ephesus, Pamukkale, and Cappodocia and potentially Kas but not sure if we have enough time.
We have 11 full days excluding flight days.
Will you please comment on my first draft logistics itinerary:
3 nights selcuk - arrive in istanbul at 10am and fly directly to izmir and rent a car to drive to selcuk? will this be too tiring? or do you recommend one night in istanbul to get situated?
4 nights in cappodocia (fly from izmir to kayseri)
4 nights in istanbul (fly from kayseri to izmir). thinking about staying at hotel sultania - would you recommend this location? it got good reviews on tripadvisor.
Rental car - we need a rental car in selcuk; is it difficult to get a automatic car vs. stick shift? also for cappodocia do you recommend a rental car?
Am continuing to research more, but wanted to first try and get logistics figured out.
Thank you for your time and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast help
- 2 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 3 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 4 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 5 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 6 Itinerary Help
- 7 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 8 House Hunting in France
- 9 http://yoursbetterhealthsolutions.com/tengenix-reviews/
- 10 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 11 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 12 Safe to use hotel room safe?
- 13 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 14 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 15 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 16 If you had to choose one......
- 17 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 18 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 19 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 20 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 21 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 22 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 23 Portugal with large family
- 24 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 25 Help with Ireland itinerary