After a few years, I think we might be ready for Turkey. i originally posted back in Feb of 2010. http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/turkey-2-week-trip-planning.cfm#comments-open
We are in our early 30's, love art, ruins, architecture and food. We prefer to travel at a leisurely place staying in a few places.
We would like to visit Istanbul, the ruins Ephesus, Pamukkale, and Cappodocia and potentially Kas but not sure if we have enough time.
We have 11 full days excluding flight days.
Will you please comment on my first draft logistics itinerary:
3 nights selcuk - arrive in istanbul at 10am and fly directly to izmir and rent a car to drive to selcuk? will this be too tiring? or do you recommend one night in istanbul to get situated?
4 nights in cappodocia (fly from izmir to kayseri)
4 nights in istanbul (fly from kayseri to izmir). thinking about staying at hotel sultania - would you recommend this location? it got good reviews on tripadvisor.
Rental car - we need a rental car in selcuk; is it difficult to get a automatic car vs. stick shift? also for cappodocia do you recommend a rental car?
Am continuing to research more, but wanted to first try and get logistics figured out.
Thank you for your time and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 2 travel around Spain
- 3 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 4 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 5 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 6 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 7 아시안카지노＼✽【((→ BXT88.ZE。AM ←))】＼슈퍼바카라【슈퍼카지노】
- 8 월드카지노＼✽【((→ BXT88.ZE。AM ←))】＼슈퍼바카라【슈퍼카지노】
- 9 타짜바카라＼✽【((→ BXT88.ZE。AM ←))】＼슈퍼바카라【슈퍼카지노】
- 10 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 11 Cash machines ATM
- 12 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 13 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 14 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 15 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 16 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 17 Charming areas to explore in London
- 18 Stu Tower
- 19 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 20 YIKES!
- 21 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 22 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 23 Madeira-anyone been recently?
- 24 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 25 Labor Day in Paris