We - a group of five women ( age 40 ) - are hoping to get our first taste of Istanbul and other areas in Turkey this May. Though we're fine with long days & realize it's going to be a bit of a "sampler" trip, we don't want to be unrealistically ambitious & are hoping for comments along those lines.
After reading several other helpful threads, we've come up with the following thoughts.
Must visit: Istanbul ( 3 days ), Ephesus/Pamukkale, Cappadocia ( 2 days ).
Would like to visit : Konya, Kas (which seems to be the difficult one)
We're thinking of skipping ( but could be convinced otherwise ): Galliopoli, Troy, Ankara
We were planning on driving as much as possible. But are happy to take flights and trains to save time & be efficient. I have to do my car research yet, but hopefully, it's not unreasonable ( or prohibitively costly) to find an automatic vehicle for 5 people & luggage.
The last challenge is that we have to break up our Istanbul time. Some members of our group may arrive a day later, so the others must wait in Istanbul one day for them to arrive. And we'd like to get back to Istanbul one day prior to our international flight home.
Thanks to other posters & advice-givers for giving us food for thought. Looking forward to any guidance here as we decide where to go & how to go within 11 full days in Turkey.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 2 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 3 England and Wales by public transport
- 4 Help with itinerary
- 5 Naples or Genoa
- 6 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 7 Greece in 15 Days
- 8 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 9 Banks Mansion
- 10 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 11 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 12 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel
- 13 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 14 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 15 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 16 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 17 20 free days of Europe
- 18 Bring Europe to My Kitchen. Please.
- 19 BNL machines in Italy
- 20 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 21 Planning Advice!
- 22 BNL ATMs
- 23 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 24 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 25 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona