We - a group of five women ( age 40 ) - are hoping to get our first taste of Istanbul and other areas in Turkey this May. Though we're fine with long days & realize it's going to be a bit of a "sampler" trip, we don't want to be unrealistically ambitious & are hoping for comments along those lines.
After reading several other helpful threads, we've come up with the following thoughts.
Must visit: Istanbul ( 3 days ), Ephesus/Pamukkale, Cappadocia ( 2 days ).
Would like to visit : Konya, Kas (which seems to be the difficult one)
We're thinking of skipping ( but could be convinced otherwise ): Galliopoli, Troy, Ankara
We were planning on driving as much as possible. But are happy to take flights and trains to save time & be efficient. I have to do my car research yet, but hopefully, it's not unreasonable ( or prohibitively costly) to find an automatic vehicle for 5 people & luggage.
The last challenge is that we have to break up our Istanbul time. Some members of our group may arrive a day later, so the others must wait in Istanbul one day for them to arrive. And we'd like to get back to Istanbul one day prior to our international flight home.
Thanks to other posters & advice-givers for giving us food for thought. Looking forward to any guidance here as we decide where to go & how to go within 11 full days in Turkey.
Turkey 11-Day Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 2 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 3 Air pollution in Paris
- 4 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 5 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 6 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 7 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 8 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 9 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 10 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 11 Naxos in May
- 12 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 13 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 14 Belfast to Scotland help
- 15 20 days in Germany
- 16 France, Italy and Greec
- 17 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 18 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 19 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 20 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 21 Portugal Alentejo's cante
- 22 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 23 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 24 help regarding removal firm in london
- 25 Dresden or Leipzig