We - a group of five women ( age 40 ) - are hoping to get our first taste of Istanbul and other areas in Turkey this May. Though we're fine with long days & realize it's going to be a bit of a "sampler" trip, we don't want to be unrealistically ambitious & are hoping for comments along those lines.
After reading several other helpful threads, we've come up with the following thoughts.
Must visit: Istanbul ( 3 days ), Ephesus/Pamukkale, Cappadocia ( 2 days ).
Would like to visit : Konya, Kas (which seems to be the difficult one)
We're thinking of skipping ( but could be convinced otherwise ): Galliopoli, Troy, Ankara
We were planning on driving as much as possible. But are happy to take flights and trains to save time & be efficient. I have to do my car research yet, but hopefully, it's not unreasonable ( or prohibitively costly) to find an automatic vehicle for 5 people & luggage.
The last challenge is that we have to break up our Istanbul time. Some members of our group may arrive a day later, so the others must wait in Istanbul one day for them to arrive. And we'd like to get back to Istanbul one day prior to our international flight home.
Thanks to other posters & advice-givers for giving us food for thought. Looking forward to any guidance here as we decide where to go & how to go within 11 full days in Turkey.
Turkey 11-Day Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One week in Spain, late May
- 2 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 3 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 4 help-unlocking a cingular blackberry
- 5 Pyrenees logistics
- 6 Northern Europe in April-May
- 7 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 8 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 9 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 10 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 11 history museums or locations
- 12 Normandy and Loire
- 13 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 14 Hotels/B&B's in Monterosso
- 15 malta
- 16 First time Ireland trip
- 17 Need Advice! Munich to Strasbourg to Paris
- 18 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 19 Iwango went…to Nice
- 20 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 21 5 Observations About Paris
- 22 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 23 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 24 A Duty Nobly Done — Anselm and Margriet in Flanders and Picardy
- 25 “… I fear’d to set my foot upon a dead man’s cheek” - Anselm in northern France