We - a group of five women ( age 40 ) - are hoping to get our first taste of Istanbul and other areas in Turkey this May. Though we're fine with long days & realize it's going to be a bit of a "sampler" trip, we don't want to be unrealistically ambitious & are hoping for comments along those lines.
After reading several other helpful threads, we've come up with the following thoughts.
Must visit: Istanbul ( 3 days ), Ephesus/Pamukkale, Cappadocia ( 2 days ).
Would like to visit : Konya, Kas (which seems to be the difficult one)
We're thinking of skipping ( but could be convinced otherwise ): Galliopoli, Troy, Ankara
We were planning on driving as much as possible. But are happy to take flights and trains to save time & be efficient. I have to do my car research yet, but hopefully, it's not unreasonable ( or prohibitively costly) to find an automatic vehicle for 5 people & luggage.
The last challenge is that we have to break up our Istanbul time. Some members of our group may arrive a day later, so the others must wait in Istanbul one day for them to arrive. And we'd like to get back to Istanbul one day prior to our international flight home.
Thanks to other posters & advice-givers for giving us food for thought. Looking forward to any guidance here as we decide where to go & how to go within 11 full days in Turkey.
Turkey 11-Day Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 2 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 3 Trip Report: Arles, Dordogne and Paris, June-July 2014
- 4 England in November - Comments on Itinerary?
- 5 Hamam in Istanbul
- 6 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 7 week in calabria
- 8 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 9 London hotel tax is 20%
- 10 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 11 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 12 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 13 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 14 Wine tours in Tuscuny
- 15 Help for San Sebastian
- 16 Need advice on itinerary for Germany
- 17 Aaah...Umbria!
- 18 bed and breakfasts
- 19 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 20 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 21 Input on VRBO apartment in the Gracia area
- 22 ParisBestLodge Marais Apartment
- 23 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 24 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help
- 25 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me