We - a group of five women ( age 40 ) - are hoping to get our first taste of Istanbul and other areas in Turkey this May. Though we're fine with long days & realize it's going to be a bit of a "sampler" trip, we don't want to be unrealistically ambitious & are hoping for comments along those lines.
After reading several other helpful threads, we've come up with the following thoughts.
Must visit: Istanbul ( 3 days ), Ephesus/Pamukkale, Cappadocia ( 2 days ).
Would like to visit : Konya, Kas (which seems to be the difficult one)
We're thinking of skipping ( but could be convinced otherwise ): Galliopoli, Troy, Ankara
We were planning on driving as much as possible. But are happy to take flights and trains to save time & be efficient. I have to do my car research yet, but hopefully, it's not unreasonable ( or prohibitively costly) to find an automatic vehicle for 5 people & luggage.
The last challenge is that we have to break up our Istanbul time. Some members of our group may arrive a day later, so the others must wait in Istanbul one day for them to arrive. And we'd like to get back to Istanbul one day prior to our international flight home.
Thanks to other posters & advice-givers for giving us food for thought. Looking forward to any guidance here as we decide where to go & how to go within 11 full days in Turkey.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milos beach stay
- 2 Catching the train - best stop off from Tirano to St Moritz
- 3 SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY, SWITZERLAND
- 4 Driving in Wales
- 5 Best train from Amsterdam to Paris via Germany
- 6 Christmas Markets 2017
- 7 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 8 Traveling in Belgium
- 9 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 10 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 11 SURPRISE TRIP
- 12 Need advice. To Drive or not in Poland
- 13 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 14 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 15 One day around Lake Brienz
- 16 Bayeux Restaurants
- 17 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 18 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 19 Best Viking Sites
- 20 Language to use in Belgium
- 21 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 22 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 23 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 24 Spanish Basque Country Itinerary?
- 25 Car Hire Bologna