We - a group of five women ( age 40 ) - are hoping to get our first taste of Istanbul and other areas in Turkey this May. Though we're fine with long days & realize it's going to be a bit of a "sampler" trip, we don't want to be unrealistically ambitious & are hoping for comments along those lines.
After reading several other helpful threads, we've come up with the following thoughts.
Must visit: Istanbul ( 3 days ), Ephesus/Pamukkale, Cappadocia ( 2 days ).
Would like to visit : Konya, Kas (which seems to be the difficult one)
We're thinking of skipping ( but could be convinced otherwise ): Galliopoli, Troy, Ankara
We were planning on driving as much as possible. But are happy to take flights and trains to save time & be efficient. I have to do my car research yet, but hopefully, it's not unreasonable ( or prohibitively costly) to find an automatic vehicle for 5 people & luggage.
The last challenge is that we have to break up our Istanbul time. Some members of our group may arrive a day later, so the others must wait in Istanbul one day for them to arrive. And we'd like to get back to Istanbul one day prior to our international flight home.
Thanks to other posters & advice-givers for giving us food for thought. Looking forward to any guidance here as we decide where to go & how to go within 11 full days in Turkey.
Turkey 11-Day Itinerary
- 1 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 2 Traveling within Italy
- 3 Which travel plan?
- 4 London for Christmas
- 5 first european holiday itinery
- 6 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 7 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 8 Travel by train or bus
- 9 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 10 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 11 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 12 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 13 Florence in October
- 14 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 15 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 18 7 days in Andalucia
- 19 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 20 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 21 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 22 Euro Train
- 23 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 24 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 25 Where to stay in Copenhagen