We - a group of five women ( age 40 ) - are hoping to get our first taste of Istanbul and other areas in Turkey this May. Though we're fine with long days & realize it's going to be a bit of a "sampler" trip, we don't want to be unrealistically ambitious & are hoping for comments along those lines.
After reading several other helpful threads, we've come up with the following thoughts.
Must visit: Istanbul ( 3 days ), Ephesus/Pamukkale, Cappadocia ( 2 days ).
Would like to visit : Konya, Kas (which seems to be the difficult one)
We're thinking of skipping ( but could be convinced otherwise ): Galliopoli, Troy, Ankara
We were planning on driving as much as possible. But are happy to take flights and trains to save time & be efficient. I have to do my car research yet, but hopefully, it's not unreasonable ( or prohibitively costly) to find an automatic vehicle for 5 people & luggage.
The last challenge is that we have to break up our Istanbul time. Some members of our group may arrive a day later, so the others must wait in Istanbul one day for them to arrive. And we'd like to get back to Istanbul one day prior to our international flight home.
Thanks to other posters & advice-givers for giving us food for thought. Looking forward to any guidance here as we decide where to go & how to go within 11 full days in Turkey.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 2 Athens Help
- 3 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 4 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 5 base in brussels
- 6 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 7 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 10 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 11 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 12 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 13 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Trains in Italy
- 16 Uber vs. TfL
- 17 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 18 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 19 Alitala
- 20 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 21 celticmoon, a quick question
- 22 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 23 What fresh hell is this?
- 24 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 25 Which Train Station in Venice