I read mokolea's recent post and your responses. We are also trying to use a crystal ball, and I wonder if you guys want to weigh in on some of my specific questions.
Our actual time in Greece in quite short. We arrive in Athens from the US on June 26 (on a Tuesday) and leave for Istanbul on June 28. We will stay one night in Greece at the end of our trip on July 11.
But given some of our concerns, we considering moving up our flight to Istanbul for the day we arrive in Athens or making other changes.
Here are our questions:
--Are you guys convinced Euros will still work even if Greece goes drachma?
We just did a count of what we Euros we have on hand, and we have around 750 E in paper (mostly 20s, 10s and 5s) and around 20 E in coins. That should be more than enough to cover meals and transportation if the Euro works, but...
--Will credit cards work?
I was counting on credit cards to pay our hotel bills. Wouldn't you know it? I splurged this time and our room will cost us 520 E for the first two nights.
--If credit cards DON't work, do you think dollars will work?
Back to the hotel issue...
--Am I stupid for keeping our two hotel bookings at a Euro contracted rate?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RICOH PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT RICOH Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 3 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 4 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 5 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 6 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 7 Help us with our new sharing economy business
- 8 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 9 Long weekend in Albania
- 10 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 11 car rental
- 12 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 13 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 14 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 15 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 16 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 17 Munich and....???
- 18 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 19 Portugal: 70th birthday trip
- 20 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 21 Another theft warning: coastal trains, between Genoa & Tuscany
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 24 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 25 Northern Ireland ideas