I read mokolea's recent post and your responses. We are also trying to use a crystal ball, and I wonder if you guys want to weigh in on some of my specific questions.
Our actual time in Greece in quite short. We arrive in Athens from the US on June 26 (on a Tuesday) and leave for Istanbul on June 28. We will stay one night in Greece at the end of our trip on July 11.
But given some of our concerns, we considering moving up our flight to Istanbul for the day we arrive in Athens or making other changes.
Here are our questions:
--Are you guys convinced Euros will still work even if Greece goes drachma?
We just did a count of what we Euros we have on hand, and we have around 750 E in paper (mostly 20s, 10s and 5s) and around 20 E in coins. That should be more than enough to cover meals and transportation if the Euro works, but...
--Will credit cards work?
I was counting on credit cards to pay our hotel bills. Wouldn't you know it? I splurged this time and our room will cost us 520 E for the first two nights.
--If credit cards DON't work, do you think dollars will work?
Back to the hotel issue...
--Am I stupid for keeping our two hotel bookings at a Euro contracted rate?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 4 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 5 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 6 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 7 4 days each in London and Paris
- 8 Switzerland in September
- 9 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 10 A few more questions about Brittany
- 11 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 12 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 13 Positano or Sorrento?
- 14 Paris in November
- 15 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 16 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 17 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 18 London Theater
- 19 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 20 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 21 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 22 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 23 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 24 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 25 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi