Hey there travelling people
This is my first ever posting on any forum before!
(A bit of pre question info)
I have decided to quit my job around May/June 2017 and travel for 3 months before
starting school in September (Maybe). I am planning on travelling with my bf for 3 or 4 months.He is from Australia and I from Canada. I went to Australia with him for 3 weeks last February and loved it!!! We did a wilderness type trip in the Red Center, that was my favorite part. I like doing out of the ordinary and special! I also do not like to rush things, I enjoy culture/ history/ nature/ music/ hiking/ food and arts!!
I actually love my job, and would love to keep it and travel but unfortunately it's just not possible to keep my job and travel to the extent that I want to. (3 Weeks off a year) I will just go crazy if I don't act upon my urge!!!
PS: I've never been to Europe!
There are a few options here and we are not sure which to do...
Maybe use this time to go around Scotland, Northern Ireland, and England/UK
I'd like to do some hiking in Scotland and maybe take a train (Hogwarts Express) , Northern Ireland I would like to see the GOT filming locations and England see more Harry potter stuff as well as as Bath, Museums, History ... bf is a huge fan of Manchester United.. so we would definitely go to Manchester.
However much I love this trip/idea we also don't want to miss out on other places!
I think my bf would like to see MORE in that same time, whereas I would like to experience things slower (I think) It's also so odd looking at a map and not really understanding how close everything seems to be... because hellooo CANADA IS HUGE ! haha
Out TOP Countries Vary a bit
Ours: England, France, Italy
His: Belgium, Spain, Germany, Portugal
Mine: Ireland, Scotland, Croatia, Greece, Morocco (I know it's in Africa)
I was thinking we should save Portugal, Morocco and Spain to do together another time
Another Idea was to do a through Eurotrip sort of like this
( Scotland, Ireland, England, France, Italy, Greece)
* Maybe adding Istanbul or Croatia to this!
I guess I'm just confused because this is my first Euro trip and also the longest trip I've taken to date!
There is so much info out there and I just don't want to speed race through (Seems to be most itineraries) 1 day is this area... then overnight plan to this area, then two days and a train here...
The places we would like to go most I think are Spain/Morocco/Portugal and then the UK and they just seem like two completely different trips!
Have someone help me out ?
I pretty much want to go everywhere so I know I'll be happy wherever I go, it's just deciding!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Home : YAHoo Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 0n ☎ 1:855:999 :8045 MAIL 24*7
- 2 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 3 Algarve - is it for me?
- 4 TIM in FCO - update
- 5 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 Itinery help Crete
- 8 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 9 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 10 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 11 16 days in France and Italy
- 12 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 13 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 14 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 15 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 16 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 17 Madrid food advice needed
- 18 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 19 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 20 Iceland trip report!
- 21 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 22 Paris for children
- 23 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 24 Naples + Walking Tour
- 25 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
Hey there travelling people