Hey there travelling people
This is my first ever posting on any forum before!
(A bit of pre question info)
I have decided to quit my job around May/June 2017 and travel for 3 months before
starting school in September (Maybe). I am planning on travelling with my bf for 3 or 4 months.He is from Australia and I from Canada. I went to Australia with him for 3 weeks last February and loved it!!! We did a wilderness type trip in the Red Center, that was my favorite part. I like doing out of the ordinary and special! I also do not like to rush things, I enjoy culture/ history/ nature/ music/ hiking/ food and arts!!
I actually love my job, and would love to keep it and travel but unfortunately it's just not possible to keep my job and travel to the extent that I want to. (3 Weeks off a year) I will just go crazy if I don't act upon my urge!!!
PS: I've never been to Europe!
There are a few options here and we are not sure which to do...
Maybe use this time to go around Scotland, Northern Ireland, and England/UK
I'd like to do some hiking in Scotland and maybe take a train (Hogwarts Express) , Northern Ireland I would like to see the GOT filming locations and England see more Harry potter stuff as well as as Bath, Museums, History ... bf is a huge fan of Manchester United.. so we would definitely go to Manchester.
However much I love this trip/idea we also don't want to miss out on other places!
I think my bf would like to see MORE in that same time, whereas I would like to experience things slower (I think) It's also so odd looking at a map and not really understanding how close everything seems to be... because hellooo CANADA IS HUGE ! haha
Out TOP Countries Vary a bit
Ours: England, France, Italy
His: Belgium, Spain, Germany, Portugal
Mine: Ireland, Scotland, Croatia, Greece, Morocco (I know it's in Africa)
I was thinking we should save Portugal, Morocco and Spain to do together another time
Another Idea was to do a through Eurotrip sort of like this
( Scotland, Ireland, England, France, Italy, Greece)
* Maybe adding Istanbul or Croatia to this!
I guess I'm just confused because this is my first Euro trip and also the longest trip I've taken to date!
There is so much info out there and I just don't want to speed race through (Seems to be most itineraries) 1 day is this area... then overnight plan to this area, then two days and a train here...
The places we would like to go most I think are Spain/Morocco/Portugal and then the UK and they just seem like two completely different trips!
Have someone help me out ?
I pretty much want to go everywhere so I know I'll be happy wherever I go, it's just deciding!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 2 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 3 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 4 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 5 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 6 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 7 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 8 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 9 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 10 dinner jackets
- 11 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 12 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 13 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 16 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 17 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 18 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 19 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 20 Cordoba Overnight?
- 21 Piedmont as a destination
- 22 2 weeks Europe trip
- 23 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 24 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 25 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
Hey there travelling people