Hey there travelling people
This is my first ever posting on any forum before!
(A bit of pre question info)
I have decided to quit my job around May/June 2017 and travel for 3 months before
starting school in September (Maybe). I am planning on travelling with my bf for 3 or 4 months.He is from Australia and I from Canada. I went to Australia with him for 3 weeks last February and loved it!!! We did a wilderness type trip in the Red Center, that was my favorite part. I like doing out of the ordinary and special! I also do not like to rush things, I enjoy culture/ history/ nature/ music/ hiking/ food and arts!!
I actually love my job, and would love to keep it and travel but unfortunately it's just not possible to keep my job and travel to the extent that I want to. (3 Weeks off a year) I will just go crazy if I don't act upon my urge!!!
PS: I've never been to Europe!
There are a few options here and we are not sure which to do...
Maybe use this time to go around Scotland, Northern Ireland, and England/UK
I'd like to do some hiking in Scotland and maybe take a train (Hogwarts Express) , Northern Ireland I would like to see the GOT filming locations and England see more Harry potter stuff as well as as Bath, Museums, History ... bf is a huge fan of Manchester United.. so we would definitely go to Manchester.
However much I love this trip/idea we also don't want to miss out on other places!
I think my bf would like to see MORE in that same time, whereas I would like to experience things slower (I think) It's also so odd looking at a map and not really understanding how close everything seems to be... because hellooo CANADA IS HUGE ! haha
Out TOP Countries Vary a bit
Ours: England, France, Italy
His: Belgium, Spain, Germany, Portugal
Mine: Ireland, Scotland, Croatia, Greece, Morocco (I know it's in Africa)
I was thinking we should save Portugal, Morocco and Spain to do together another time
Another Idea was to do a through Eurotrip sort of like this
( Scotland, Ireland, England, France, Italy, Greece)
* Maybe adding Istanbul or Croatia to this!
I guess I'm just confused because this is my first Euro trip and also the longest trip I've taken to date!
There is so much info out there and I just don't want to speed race through (Seems to be most itineraries) 1 day is this area... then overnight plan to this area, then two days and a train here...
The places we would like to go most I think are Spain/Morocco/Portugal and then the UK and they just seem like two completely different trips!
Have someone help me out ?
I pretty much want to go everywhere so I know I'll be happy wherever I go, it's just deciding!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rent a Car?
- 2 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 3 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 4 Whistle stop family road trip
- 5 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 6 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 7 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 8 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 9 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 10 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 11 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 12 Zadar or Sibenik
- 13 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 14 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 15 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 16 Best road from Tubingen to Lindau Bodensee
- 17 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 18 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 19 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 20 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 21 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 22 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 23 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 24 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 25 National Museum in Krakow; Auschwitz art
Hey there travelling people