For someone who is traveling to Balkans there are a lot of things to be mentioned as a guide to a grate travel experience. First of all, I think that the politics of the region is something to be left out of the experience, as it is so difficult to understand where the truth lies and not offend someone along the way. If traveling through Balkans, you will notice that different nationalities living in neighboring countries are not so different at all. They share so much history and their looks, customs, food and other are very similar. It is important to be open minded when going to places like Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia etc, as there are so many ways to enjoy your stay just by avoiding prejudice. People are welcoming, food is grate, nightlife vivid, and culture very colorful and rich. If you would like to read a travel journal written by Iranian American that spent three months in the Balkans, and learn about people that live there, current political and economic situation in the Balkans and the world, you should look up The Age of Nepotism, a book by Vahid Razavi. There is also a site www.theageofnepotism.com
Trough Balkans to Serbia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 2 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 3 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 4 London and Where Else in late December?
- 5 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 6 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 7 Greece-carhire-ferries.
- 8 London - Site List Triage -
- 9 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 10 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 11 Driving from Delphi to Nafplion
- 12 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 13 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 14 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 15 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 16 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 17 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 18 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 19 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 20 A Superb 8 Days in Dresden
- 21 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 22 Southern Ireland Help
- 23 Bologna tips
- 24 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 25 Electronic plug adapter for Italy