I've been using the Swiss rail site and the German rail site for 15 years or so, but I cannot seem to crack Trenitalia.
I would like to travel from Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Lucca, Italy, and am trying to find the advanced-purchase fares. The German rail site won't give a solution for Lucca but will to Bolzano. However, Trenitalia won't recognize "Bolzano" as a station; they say it's an invalid departure point. I've tried Bozen and Stazione di Bolzano, but I keep getting the same error message.
There does seem to be a train station in Lucca because I've found connections from both Florence and Pisa.
Does anyone have any words of wisdom or help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 4 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 5 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 6 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 7 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 8 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 9 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 10 Ireland in April
- 11 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 12 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 13 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 14 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 15 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 16 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 17 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 getting to CDG
- 20 Towersey, London
- 21 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 22 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 23 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 24 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 25 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas