I've been using the Swiss rail site and the German rail site for 15 years or so, but I cannot seem to crack Trenitalia.
I would like to travel from Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Lucca, Italy, and am trying to find the advanced-purchase fares. The German rail site won't give a solution for Lucca but will to Bolzano. However, Trenitalia won't recognize "Bolzano" as a station; they say it's an invalid departure point. I've tried Bozen and Stazione di Bolzano, but I keep getting the same error message.
There does seem to be a train station in Lucca because I've found connections from both Florence and Pisa.
Does anyone have any words of wisdom or help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://menintalk.com/peruvian-brew/
- 2 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 3 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 4 Italy bus or train
- 5 Ireland itinerary help please
- 6 May get together in Paris
- 7 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 8 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 9 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 10 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 11 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 12 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 13 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 14 Canal du Midi
- 15 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 16 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 17 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 18 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Perugia
- 21 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 22 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 23 Praiano
- 24 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 25 Self drive tour companies