at the end of January my wife will be taking her mum to Norway for her 70th birthday. On the eve of her birthday they will arrive in Tromso at lunchtime and the next day they board a Huntigren ship at 6pm (to Kirkeness).
For the day of her mum's birthday my wife would like to plan something special. They have from whatever time they wake up until 6pm.
Her mum is a pretty active 70 year old but still she wonders whether the dog sledging might be a little too tiring and whether raindeer sledging might be better.
Also she is wondering if any of the so-called Sami "experiences" involve anyhting more than having a meal in a Sami tent...
Any recommendations gracefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 2 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 3 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 4 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 5 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 6 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 7 Getting around London
- 8 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 9 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 10 Andalucia Spain
- 11 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 12 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 13 Vigo Spain????
- 14 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 15 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 16 Paris in August
- 17 SURPRISE TRIP
- 18 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 Visiting Zurich
- 21 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 22 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 24 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 25 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain