at the end of January my wife will be taking her mum to Norway for her 70th birthday. On the eve of her birthday they will arrive in Tromso at lunchtime and the next day they board a Huntigren ship at 6pm (to Kirkeness).
For the day of her mum's birthday my wife would like to plan something special. They have from whatever time they wake up until 6pm.
Her mum is a pretty active 70 year old but still she wonders whether the dog sledging might be a little too tiring and whether raindeer sledging might be better.
Also she is wondering if any of the so-called Sami "experiences" involve anyhting more than having a meal in a Sami tent...
Any recommendations gracefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 2 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 3 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 4 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 5 What fresh hell is this?
- 6 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 7 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 11 Which Train Station in Venice
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 Greek Village
- 15 Berlin
- 16 Bordeaux to Nice
- 17 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 SE ITALY
- 20 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 21 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 22 One free day in Barcelona
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 25 Possible French strike on 9/21