at the end of January my wife will be taking her mum to Norway for her 70th birthday. On the eve of her birthday they will arrive in Tromso at lunchtime and the next day they board a Huntigren ship at 6pm (to Kirkeness).
For the day of her mum's birthday my wife would like to plan something special. They have from whatever time they wake up until 6pm.
Her mum is a pretty active 70 year old but still she wonders whether the dog sledging might be a little too tiring and whether raindeer sledging might be better.
Also she is wondering if any of the so-called Sami "experiences" involve anyhting more than having a meal in a Sami tent...
Any recommendations gracefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 6 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 7 getting to CDG
- 8 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 9 A Month stay in Southern France
- 10 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 11 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 12 Revised itinerary for italy
- 13 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 14 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 15 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 16 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 17 Hotel in Vienna
- 18 Places of interest
- 19 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 20 Switzerland in November?
- 21 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 22 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 23 vienna
- 24 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 25 Ireland and Scotland in July