First time traveler to Europe...
We are traveling to Venice and plan to go to Florence then Rome.
Flights in and out of Venice are the same as into Venice and out of Rome.
In the US it can be really expensive to rent a car in city A (Venice) and drop off in city B (Rome).
Is this the same in Italy? Its only a 5 hour drive, would it be better to pick up the car in Venice and then drive back after seeing Rome to Venice to drop the car off so that its the same pickup/drop off location?
Also, what website, or where online should I reserve the car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Denis Cathedral
- 2 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 3 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 4 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 7 How to rent a car
- 8 Mayrhofen August with nearly 5 year old and 5 months old?
- 9 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 10 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 11 Day trips from Florence
- 12 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 13 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 14 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 15 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 16 Perugia
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 May get together in Paris
- 19 Paris in September
- 20 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 21 First time in Bulgaria
- 22 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 23 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 24 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 25 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now