I'm planning a 10 day trip from the US to Switzerland and Italy with my spouse and a 3 year and 10 year old.
We'd land in Zurich or Geneva on the 4th of October and were planning on taking a train to Bern straight away so we could wake up there. We'd be buying a 4 day Swiss pass as well.
The 5th, 6th and 7th are dedicated to areas around Bern. We wanted to see the city, Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, Murren, Montreux even (whichever is possible) and my family loves to hike. How should we go about planning those visits? The best family friendly hikes? The Eiger trail looked good to me. And is Bern a good central location to travel from to those places? or is it better to stay somewhere else and then hop on a shorter train ride? Any other must see spots? How is the weather like in early October?
Also, we're planning to go to Venice from Bern or Zermatt on the 8th. How can my Swiss pass be useful in this regard? I read that the swiss region is covered but I would have to pay the italian portion to Milan (and then onward to Venice)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 furthermore, you can become aware
- 2 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 3 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 4 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 5 Help with ferry schedule Naples to Sorrento please.
- 6 London with kids
- 7 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 8 Reading Recommendations Spain
- 9 Best Route Belmonte to Pinhao
- 10 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 11 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 12 Pousadas in Portugal
- 13 Southern Spain or Sicily in early to mid March
- 14 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 15 Istanbul - FOOD!
- 16 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 17 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 18 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 19 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 20 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 21 Flight Cost to Athens
- 22 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 23 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 24 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 25 Public Transport information App/Website