I'm planning a 10 day trip from the US to Switzerland and Italy with my spouse and a 3 year and 10 year old.
We'd land in Zurich or Geneva on the 4th of October and were planning on taking a train to Bern straight away so we could wake up there. We'd be buying a 4 day Swiss pass as well.
The 5th, 6th and 7th are dedicated to areas around Bern. We wanted to see the city, Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, Murren, Montreux even (whichever is possible) and my family loves to hike. How should we go about planning those visits? The best family friendly hikes? The Eiger trail looked good to me. And is Bern a good central location to travel from to those places? or is it better to stay somewhere else and then hop on a shorter train ride? Any other must see spots? How is the weather like in early October?
Also, we're planning to go to Venice from Bern or Zermatt on the 8th. How can my Swiss pass be useful in this regard? I read that the swiss region is covered but I would have to pay the italian portion to Milan (and then onward to Venice)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich itinerary review
- 2 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 3 13 nights in switzerland
- 4 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 5 Earthquake near Naples
- 6 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 7 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 8 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 9 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 10 Globus Iberian Tour
- 11 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 12 3nights in Venice
- 13 Paris in November
- 14 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 15 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 16 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 17 Football Tickets - Athens
- 18 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 19 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 20 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 21 Last minute trip to Capri
- 22 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 23 Budapest to Kosice
- 24 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 25 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide