I'm planning a 10 day trip from the US to Switzerland and Italy with my spouse and a 3 year and 10 year old.
We'd land in Zurich or Geneva on the 4th of October and were planning on taking a train to Bern straight away so we could wake up there. We'd be buying a 4 day Swiss pass as well.
The 5th, 6th and 7th are dedicated to areas around Bern. We wanted to see the city, Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, Murren, Montreux even (whichever is possible) and my family loves to hike. How should we go about planning those visits? The best family friendly hikes? The Eiger trail looked good to me. And is Bern a good central location to travel from to those places? or is it better to stay somewhere else and then hop on a shorter train ride? Any other must see spots? How is the weather like in early October?
Also, we're planning to go to Venice from Bern or Zermatt on the 8th. How can my Swiss pass be useful in this regard? I read that the swiss region is covered but I would have to pay the italian portion to Milan (and then onward to Venice)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HOTEL IN STOCKHOLM
- 2 Costal Spain Vacation Rental House Advice
- 3 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 4 Best coastal town within 3 hours of Barcelona (with kids)
- 5 Where do I pass through immigration in the UK
- 6 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 7 European Championship
- 8 Seville itinerary critic and advice please
- 9 Departure Tax in UK
- 10 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 11 Parking in Italy
- 12 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 13 FAQs
- 14 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 15 Very last minute Swiss train help!
- 16 KLM mandatory Animal Hotel SCAM
- 17 PARIS. GTG-------Sept.14, 2016, anyone interested?
- 18 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 19 1 week in Malaga
- 20 http://www.toptryloburn.com/ombia-derma-reviews/
- 21 Inside of that plastic area you’ll see lights
- 22 Where to stop between Dijon & the Loire Valley (Chinon)?
- 23 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 24 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 25 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)