We are a family of 4 (kids aged 5yrs and 7 months) and are thinking of going to Latvia and Estonia in the first 2-3 weeks of August. We always rent a car and like to drive around and off the beaten tracks. We like places with a lot of natural beauty, easy hikes and activities for kids. So we are thinking of making the capital citiies as a base so we dont have to change hotels too much and make day trips that are doable in upto 2-3 hours one way. We don't really care about night scene but like to eat in good restaurants (not to mention I am an adventurous vegetarian).
What do you all think about a trip to the baltics with kids this young?
What would be an ideal itinerary and no. of days we should stay in these places?
Should we also go to Lithuania?
Do you think renting a car and driving around is a good idea?
Will I find any vegetarian food (dairy and eggs ok but no meat or sea food)?
Many thanks for your input in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 2 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 3 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 4 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 5 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 6 Planning a European Trip
- 7 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 8 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 9 France, UK and Ireland
- 10 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 11 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 12 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 13 Ireland
- 14 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 15 What do after Bernia Express?
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Does Mannedorf exist?
- 18 10 day Italy
- 19 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 20 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 21 Santorini lodging
- 22 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 23 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 24 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 25 What to do at 7:00am