We are a family of 4 (kids aged 5yrs and 7 months) and are thinking of going to Latvia and Estonia in the first 2-3 weeks of August. We always rent a car and like to drive around and off the beaten tracks. We like places with a lot of natural beauty, easy hikes and activities for kids. So we are thinking of making the capital citiies as a base so we dont have to change hotels too much and make day trips that are doable in upto 2-3 hours one way. We don't really care about night scene but like to eat in good restaurants (not to mention I am an adventurous vegetarian).
What do you all think about a trip to the baltics with kids this young?
What would be an ideal itinerary and no. of days we should stay in these places?
Should we also go to Lithuania?
Do you think renting a car and driving around is a good idea?
Will I find any vegetarian food (dairy and eggs ok but no meat or sea food)?
Many thanks for your input in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning stages of trip to Andalusia
- 2 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 3 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 4 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 5 Rome
- 6 Booking hotels before trains
- 7 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 8 First time in France
- 9 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 10 What to expect over Christmas
- 11 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 12 English Countryside
- 13 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 14 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 15 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 16 Vienna or Budapest?
- 17 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 18 Munich
- 19 Need help in travel planning
- 20 Paris---baguette question???
- 21 Portugal itinerary help
- 22 Puglia or La Langhe
- 23 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 24 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 25 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano