We are a family of 4 (kids aged 5yrs and 7 months) and are thinking of going to Latvia and Estonia in the first 2-3 weeks of August. We always rent a car and like to drive around and off the beaten tracks. We like places with a lot of natural beauty, easy hikes and activities for kids. So we are thinking of making the capital citiies as a base so we dont have to change hotels too much and make day trips that are doable in upto 2-3 hours one way. We don't really care about night scene but like to eat in good restaurants (not to mention I am an adventurous vegetarian).
What do you all think about a trip to the baltics with kids this young?
What would be an ideal itinerary and no. of days we should stay in these places?
Should we also go to Lithuania?
Do you think renting a car and driving around is a good idea?
Will I find any vegetarian food (dairy and eggs ok but no meat or sea food)?
Many thanks for your input in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 B&Bs in Ireland
- 2 Zadar or Sibenik
- 3 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 4 Best road from Tubingen to Lindau Bodensee
- 5 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 6 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 7 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 8 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 9 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 10 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 11 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 12 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 13 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 14 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 15 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 16 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 17 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 18 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 19 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 20 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 21 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 22 Milos beach stay
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 24 Whistle stop family road trip
- 25 Tourist Perspective On Croatia