We are a family of 4 (kids aged 5yrs and 7 months) and are thinking of going to Latvia and Estonia in the first 2-3 weeks of August. We always rent a car and like to drive around and off the beaten tracks. We like places with a lot of natural beauty, easy hikes and activities for kids. So we are thinking of making the capital citiies as a base so we dont have to change hotels too much and make day trips that are doable in upto 2-3 hours one way. We don't really care about night scene but like to eat in good restaurants (not to mention I am an adventurous vegetarian).
What do you all think about a trip to the baltics with kids this young?
What would be an ideal itinerary and no. of days we should stay in these places?
Should we also go to Lithuania?
Do you think renting a car and driving around is a good idea?
Will I find any vegetarian food (dairy and eggs ok but no meat or sea food)?
Many thanks for your input in advance!
Trip to the Baltic with a toddler and an infant
- 1 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 2 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 3 Train travel in Europe
- 4 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 5 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 6 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 7 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 8 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 9 Prague Main Train Station
- 10 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 11 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 12 When to visit Provence updated info
- 13 Purchasing SNCF Tickets
- 14 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 15 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 16 Itinerary Questions
- 17 Honeymoon to Greece in June 2014. Santorini, Crete, Mykonos, Rodes
- 18 Medieval Tallinn
- 19 Italian language schools
- 20 Thermal Bathing in Sciacca, Sicily
- 21 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 22 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 23 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 24 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 25 Moldova and Transnistiria