We are a family of 4 (kids aged 5yrs and 7 months) and are thinking of going to Latvia and Estonia in the first 2-3 weeks of August. We always rent a car and like to drive around and off the beaten tracks. We like places with a lot of natural beauty, easy hikes and activities for kids. So we are thinking of making the capital citiies as a base so we dont have to change hotels too much and make day trips that are doable in upto 2-3 hours one way. We don't really care about night scene but like to eat in good restaurants (not to mention I am an adventurous vegetarian).
What do you all think about a trip to the baltics with kids this young?
What would be an ideal itinerary and no. of days we should stay in these places?
Should we also go to Lithuania?
Do you think renting a car and driving around is a good idea?
Will I find any vegetarian food (dairy and eggs ok but no meat or sea food)?
Many thanks for your input in advance!
Trip to the Baltic with a toddler and an infant
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pestana Porto Hotel in Porto
- 2 Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris
- 3 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 4 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 5 Barcellona hop on hop off bus tour
- 6 Scandinavian Tour
- 7 Napoli logistics
- 8 Visiting the winemakers in Portugal
- 9 Luggage storage in Orvieto?
- 10 Sicily - Piazza Armerina from Siracusa?
- 11 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 12 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 13 Travel services for Spain
- 14 Train tickets France and Spain
- 15 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 16 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 17 Positano in high season???
- 18 Why Bilbao is the perfect getaway for foodies...
- 19 Spain in late November/early December
- 20 Venice: Secret Itineraries Tour
- 21 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 22 Croatia and Montenegro for 8 days
- 23 Iceland trip...need some feedback please!
- 24 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?
- 25 Ortisei hotel - need help in choosing the perfect place for our needs