We are a family of 4 (kids aged 5yrs and 7 months) and are thinking of going to Latvia and Estonia in the first 2-3 weeks of August. We always rent a car and like to drive around and off the beaten tracks. We like places with a lot of natural beauty, easy hikes and activities for kids. So we are thinking of making the capital citiies as a base so we dont have to change hotels too much and make day trips that are doable in upto 2-3 hours one way. We don't really care about night scene but like to eat in good restaurants (not to mention I am an adventurous vegetarian).
What do you all think about a trip to the baltics with kids this young?
What would be an ideal itinerary and no. of days we should stay in these places?
Should we also go to Lithuania?
Do you think renting a car and driving around is a good idea?
Will I find any vegetarian food (dairy and eggs ok but no meat or sea food)?
Many thanks for your input in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 2 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 3 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 4 Honeymoon in Greece
- 5 Two for One Days OUt
- 6 Tour of Northern Italy
- 7 Traveling Solo to the Baltics
- 8 Italy for Christmas Week
- 9 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 10 restaurants in Marais district
- 11 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 12 Shoes in Scotland
- 13 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 14 A Month stay in Southern France
- 15 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 16 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 17 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 18 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 19 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 20 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 21 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 22 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 23 Easiest London Airport for Transfer To/From Heathrow
- 24 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 25 France & Italy, May or June