We are a family of 4 (kids aged 5yrs and 7 months) and are thinking of going to Latvia and Estonia in the first 2-3 weeks of August. We always rent a car and like to drive around and off the beaten tracks. We like places with a lot of natural beauty, easy hikes and activities for kids. So we are thinking of making the capital citiies as a base so we dont have to change hotels too much and make day trips that are doable in upto 2-3 hours one way. We don't really care about night scene but like to eat in good restaurants (not to mention I am an adventurous vegetarian).
What do you all think about a trip to the baltics with kids this young?
What would be an ideal itinerary and no. of days we should stay in these places?
Should we also go to Lithuania?
Do you think renting a car and driving around is a good idea?
Will I find any vegetarian food (dairy and eggs ok but no meat or sea food)?
Many thanks for your input in advance!
Trip to the Baltic with a toddler and an infant
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 2 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 3 Help with a small island in Greece
- 4 Mykonos - to rent a car or to not.
- 5 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 6 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 7 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 8 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 9 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 10 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 11 Versailles King's Chamber Tour
- 12 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 13 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 14 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 15 Planning to visit Barcelona and Santander in the fall next year
- 16 things in Rhonda
- 17 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 18 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 19 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 20 A full week in The Netherlands
- 21 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 22 A weekend in Europe--where to go?
- 23 Girona, Spain - Restaurant for a Sunday night
- 24 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 25 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks