We are a family of 4 (kids aged 5yrs and 7 months) and are thinking of going to Latvia and Estonia in the first 2-3 weeks of August. We always rent a car and like to drive around and off the beaten tracks. We like places with a lot of natural beauty, easy hikes and activities for kids. So we are thinking of making the capital citiies as a base so we dont have to change hotels too much and make day trips that are doable in upto 2-3 hours one way. We don't really care about night scene but like to eat in good restaurants (not to mention I am an adventurous vegetarian).
What do you all think about a trip to the baltics with kids this young?
What would be an ideal itinerary and no. of days we should stay in these places?
Should we also go to Lithuania?
Do you think renting a car and driving around is a good idea?
Will I find any vegetarian food (dairy and eggs ok but no meat or sea food)?
Many thanks for your input in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 2 16 days in France and Italy
- 3 Majorca 9 days - change hotels during trip?
- 4 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 5 Lisbon
- 6 Picturesque fjord driving south west norway
- 7 Car insurance in Iceland
- 8 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 9 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 10 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 11 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 12 Scotland - We're Here!
- 13 Italy with my Teen daughters
- 14 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 15 Cappadocia in June
- 16 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 17 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 18 Krakow
- 19 Amsterdam
- 20 Travelling Iceland
- 21 Moscow Favorites
- 22 Couscous
- 23 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 24 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 25 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy