We are a family of 4 (kids aged 5yrs and 7 months) and are thinking of going to Latvia and Estonia in the first 2-3 weeks of August. We always rent a car and like to drive around and off the beaten tracks. We like places with a lot of natural beauty, easy hikes and activities for kids. So we are thinking of making the capital citiies as a base so we dont have to change hotels too much and make day trips that are doable in upto 2-3 hours one way. We don't really care about night scene but like to eat in good restaurants (not to mention I am an adventurous vegetarian).
What do you all think about a trip to the baltics with kids this young?
What would be an ideal itinerary and no. of days we should stay in these places?
Should we also go to Lithuania?
Do you think renting a car and driving around is a good idea?
Will I find any vegetarian food (dairy and eggs ok but no meat or sea food)?
Many thanks for your input in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Borghese Gallery Question
- 2 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 3 Italy Vacation
- 4 London vacation rental agency
- 5 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 6 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 7 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 8 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 9 Germany or Sweden
- 10 Cork questions
- 11 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 12 Crete Holiday
- 13 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 14 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 15 Regent Seven Seas Cruise?
- 16 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 17 Spain: train/rental car help
- 18 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 19 Trains in Italy
- 20 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 21 First Solo Adventure
- 22 Sicily help
- 23 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 24 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 25 Stu Tower