We are a family of 4 (kids aged 5yrs and 7 months) and are thinking of going to Latvia and Estonia in the first 2-3 weeks of August. We always rent a car and like to drive around and off the beaten tracks. We like places with a lot of natural beauty, easy hikes and activities for kids. So we are thinking of making the capital citiies as a base so we dont have to change hotels too much and make day trips that are doable in upto 2-3 hours one way. We don't really care about night scene but like to eat in good restaurants (not to mention I am an adventurous vegetarian).
What do you all think about a trip to the baltics with kids this young?
What would be an ideal itinerary and no. of days we should stay in these places?
Should we also go to Lithuania?
Do you think renting a car and driving around is a good idea?
Will I find any vegetarian food (dairy and eggs ok but no meat or sea food)?
Many thanks for your input in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Local markets in Italy
- 2 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 3 cell phone companys
- 4 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 5 My 7 day Provence itinerary... workable?
- 6 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 7 Beaches in Southern France
- 8 Where in Paris?
- 9 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 10 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 11 4 days in London worth the jetlag?
- 12 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 13 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 14 Guides - Matera
- 15 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 16 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 17 Spain Itinerary Help
- 18 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?
- 19 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 20 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 21 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 22 Swinoujscie Ferry Arrival
- 23 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 24 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 25 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?