We are a family of 4 (kids aged 5yrs and 7 months) and are thinking of going to Latvia and Estonia in the first 2-3 weeks of August. We always rent a car and like to drive around and off the beaten tracks. We like places with a lot of natural beauty, easy hikes and activities for kids. So we are thinking of making the capital citiies as a base so we dont have to change hotels too much and make day trips that are doable in upto 2-3 hours one way. We don't really care about night scene but like to eat in good restaurants (not to mention I am an adventurous vegetarian).
What do you all think about a trip to the baltics with kids this young?
What would be an ideal itinerary and no. of days we should stay in these places?
Should we also go to Lithuania?
Do you think renting a car and driving around is a good idea?
Will I find any vegetarian food (dairy and eggs ok but no meat or sea food)?
Many thanks for your input in advance!
Trip to the Baltic with a toddler and an infant
- 1 Train from Dresden to Nueburg DO in July
- 2 Possible Itinerary in Romania?
- 3 Bulgaria or Romania next fall?
- 4 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 5 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 6 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 7 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 8 To Clifton, RE: Romania
- 9 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 10 private tour of Romania - would you recommend Carpathian Travel Center?
- 11 Easiest way to get to Cinque Terre
- 12 Time from Venice airport to St Marks Square
- 13 Romania and Hungary itinerary
- 14 WHY ROMANIA???
- 15 Extra leg room on British Airways
- 16 Train tickets
- 17 Carpe Diem Flights Booked! Need help w final itinerary France/Switzerland
- 18 Advice Sought for Train Schedule in Spain
- 19 Romania, anyone?
- 20 A chacun son goût
- 21 Romania -10 days trip
- 22 Trains in Italy
- 23 12 days, 3 couples, one week in London Sept 2013
- 24 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 25 Help with itenerary