We are a family of 4 (kids aged 5yrs and 7 months) and are thinking of going to Latvia and Estonia in the first 2-3 weeks of August. We always rent a car and like to drive around and off the beaten tracks. We like places with a lot of natural beauty, easy hikes and activities for kids. So we are thinking of making the capital citiies as a base so we dont have to change hotels too much and make day trips that are doable in upto 2-3 hours one way. We don't really care about night scene but like to eat in good restaurants (not to mention I am an adventurous vegetarian).
What do you all think about a trip to the baltics with kids this young?
What would be an ideal itinerary and no. of days we should stay in these places?
Should we also go to Lithuania?
Do you think renting a car and driving around is a good idea?
Will I find any vegetarian food (dairy and eggs ok but no meat or sea food)?
Many thanks for your input in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Safe to Travel?
- 2 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 3 Hotel in Tenerife, Canary Islands
- 4 Why Not Helsinki?
- 5 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 6 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 7 Recommendations for a Drive through Chianti
- 8 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please
- 9 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 10 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 11 Naxos hotels? has anyone stayed at Finikas?
- 12 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 13 8 days in Vienna in December
- 14 Solvenia to Venice stops on the way
- 15 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 16 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 17 Car rental leaving Rome
- 18 Christmas Market and Parking
- 19 Paris Under Seige...
- 20 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 21 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 22 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 23 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 24 Advices about our itiniary
- 25 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April