We are a family of 4 (kids aged 5yrs and 7 months) and are thinking of going to Latvia and Estonia in the first 2-3 weeks of August. We always rent a car and like to drive around and off the beaten tracks. We like places with a lot of natural beauty, easy hikes and activities for kids. So we are thinking of making the capital citiies as a base so we dont have to change hotels too much and make day trips that are doable in upto 2-3 hours one way. We don't really care about night scene but like to eat in good restaurants (not to mention I am an adventurous vegetarian).
What do you all think about a trip to the baltics with kids this young?
What would be an ideal itinerary and no. of days we should stay in these places?
Should we also go to Lithuania?
Do you think renting a car and driving around is a good idea?
Will I find any vegetarian food (dairy and eggs ok but no meat or sea food)?
Many thanks for your input in advance!
Trip to the Baltic with a toddler and an infant
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 quiet hotel in Rome?
- 2 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 3 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 4 quiet hotel
- 5 He said , she said
- 6 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 7 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 8 Venice hotel selection
- 9 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 10 May trip to the islands
- 11 Where to stay in Rome
- 12 7 days in Greece
- 13 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 14 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 15 Augsburg with kids
- 16 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 17 Spontaneous trip to Ireland
- 18 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 19 Three days in Spain
- 20 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 21 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 22 Easter week/ Semana Santa in Avila, Toledo, Segovia
- 23 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 24 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 25 Paris in April?