We are a family of 4 (kids aged 5yrs and 7 months) and are thinking of going to Latvia and Estonia in the first 2-3 weeks of August. We always rent a car and like to drive around and off the beaten tracks. We like places with a lot of natural beauty, easy hikes and activities for kids. So we are thinking of making the capital citiies as a base so we dont have to change hotels too much and make day trips that are doable in upto 2-3 hours one way. We don't really care about night scene but like to eat in good restaurants (not to mention I am an adventurous vegetarian).
What do you all think about a trip to the baltics with kids this young?
What would be an ideal itinerary and no. of days we should stay in these places?
Should we also go to Lithuania?
Do you think renting a car and driving around is a good idea?
Will I find any vegetarian food (dairy and eggs ok but no meat or sea food)?
Many thanks for your input in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What about Basque Country?
- 2 Amsterdam vs. France
- 3 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 4 Dolomites October 14-18
- 5 Austria to Itlay road trip
- 6 First time in Italy
- 7 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 8 italy in ll days and what to see
- 9 Edinburgh airport taxi recos?
- 10 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 11 Ireland ToDo
- 12 Where to stay in Dijon, France
- 13 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 14 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 15 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 16 PARIS. GTG-------Sept.14, 2016, anyone interested?
- 17 Norway Itinerary
- 18 Alhambra Guide
- 19 Capo d'Orlando
- 20 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 21 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 22 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 23 Euro 2016
- 24 Which Aeolian Island?
- 25 Paris gtg in October?