It's my first time on a forum, and I'm very excited because it's about Switzerland!!!
I'm a brazilian doctor in love with Switzerland since childhood. In September I'm going to realize the dream of visit Switzerland (my first international trip)!
Then, I'd like to get any advices and suggestions to make this trip perfect!
IMPORTANT: I've decided to buy the SwissPass, and opted for hostels (because the prices!!!)
I love cooking, I love cheese, chocolate and fruits (berries).
I want to participate of an Alpabzüge during my trip!
The trip will be divided into 2 times: the first with a friend (3nd to 16th) and the second with another friend (16th to 28th).
I already planned the first part of the journey:
Day 1 - Arrive in Zurich airport in the afternoon. Stay in Zurich.
Day 2 - The whole day to explore Zurich. Leave Zurich to Schaffhausen and stay in Schaffhausen for 1 night.
Day 3 - Morning to explore Schaffhausen. Leave Schaffhausen to Saint Gallen (by boat). Noon to explore Saint Gallen and stay in Saint Gallen for 1 night.
Day 4 - Leave Saint Gallen to Vaduz. The whole day to explore Vaduz. Leave Vaduz to Davos in the afternoon and stay in Davos for 1 night.
Day 5 - Leave Davos to Saint Moritz and stay in Saint Moritz for 2 nights.
Day 6 - Saint Moritz
Day 7 - Leave Saint Moritz to Zermatt (Glacier Express), and stay in Zermatt for 2 nights.
Day 8 - Zermatt
Day 9 - Leave Zermatt to Bern (in the morning) and stay in Bern for 2 nights.
Day 10 - Bern
Day 11 - Leave Bern to Interlaken and stay in Interlaken for 1 night.
Day 12 - Leave Interlaken to Gimmewald and stay in Gimmewald for 1 night.
Day 13 - Leave Gimmewald to Grindelwald and stay in Grindelwald for 1 night.
Day 14 - Grindelwald and region. In the afternoon, my friend will leave to Zurich.
All suggestions and advices are very welcome!!!
I need to decide about the second part of the trip (Day 15 to day 27), and I want to include: the canton of Wallis (Rhone valley, maybe Brig), Montreux, Vevey (and the Lavaux vineyards), Genève, Lausanne (?), Gruyères, Lucerne and the canton of Ticino (Lugano, Locarno and Ascona).
My return date to Brazil is Setember 28th, from Zurich airport.
By now, thank you for your attention. I will be eagerly waiting for your answers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 2 RHK's Fall escape
- 3 France: Montpellier, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Loire, Paris
- 4 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 5 Does anyone know first hand of a private driver in Rome
- 6 Scotland 1-week itinerary: Edinburgh + Highlands
- 7 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 8 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 9 Long Layover at the Heathrow Airport London
- 10 2 days in Aeolian Islands
- 11 Baviaran Alps End April Good idea?
- 12 Edgard bus website English version?
- 13 Early Flight Out of Stockholm on Disembarkation Day
- 14 Arcachon Bassin--best area to stay
- 15 Europe Itinerary
- 16 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 17 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 18 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 19 Anyone been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?
- 20 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 21 Car rental/return near London
- 22 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 23 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 24 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 25 5 day stay - ideas of best place to visit in December