Here is an itinerary I've been working on. I would appreciate any feedback and suggestions please. We are two adults in our 40s and one teen and we'll be driving a rental car. We've been to Germany a few times before, but only in Bavaria (Munich - once during Oktoberfest and two other times - Nuremberg, Regensburg, Rothenburg, Garmisch, Berchtesgaden, etc). We want to go to Berlin, Dresden, Bremen on another trip. This time we're focusing on SW - Moselle, Alsace, Black Forest... We like driving and visiting sites, wine, beer - not while driving traditional German towns, of course good food, old town squares and markets, cathedrals, castles, etc. I wanted to include Cologne too on this trip but it might be too much, so we'll save it for some other time (we travel to Europe at least once a year).
So, here it is:
Day 1 - get to FRA airport in the AM, rent car, drive west for 2.5 hours to Cochem, visit Eltz Castle on the way (night in Cochem)
Day 2 - spend day in Cochem: visit castle, wine cellars and tastings, walk around
Day 3 - drive to Trier which is 1 hr away, spend evening there
Day 4 - Trier - oldest city in Germany, with roman ruins, cathedral, nice market square
Day 5 - drive to Strasbourg 2.5 hrs, spend evening there
Day 6 - Strasbourg
Day 7 - drive to Colmar 1 hr, visit chateau du Haut-Koenigsbourg on the way, spend evening in Colmar, drink some Alsace wine
Day 8 - drive to Freiburg 1 hr and spend evening there, visit the cathedral, oldest inn in Germany - forgot the name -, some Baden wine tastings
Days 9 and 10 - Black Forest day trips - Gengenbach, Schiltach, Alpirsbach brewery/monastery - what else? (still spending the nights in Freiburg or area)
Day 11 - drive to Konstanz 1.5 hrs
Day 12 - Lake Constance area (Konstanz)
Day 13 - drive to Ulm 2.5 hrs, spend evening there
Day 14 - Ulm - (some trivia: this town has the highest church steeple. Einstein was born here)
Day 15 - drive to Bamberg 2.5 hrs, spend evening there
Day 16 - more Bamberg, drink lots of smoked beer
Day 17 - drive to Frankfurt airport 2 hrs, return car, hopefully catch a PM flight back to Canada (or even better to some beach destination like Tenerife to extend vacation by a week)
What do you think? Is it too much or too little? Could we squeeze Cologne somewhere, maybe instead of Konstanz? We're thinking of doing this next year in May, June or July.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 2 Train(s) from Lucerne to Barcelona?
- 3 14 nights france and Italy with kids - Help fine tuning the itinerary
- 4 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 5 May get together in Paris
- 6 One day in Lille, France
- 7 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 8 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 9 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 10 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 11 로얄바카라사이트■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■생방송바카라ダ생방송바카라
- 12 정선바카라추천■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■바카라사이트じ바카라사이트
- 13 헬로우바카라■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■바카라사이트ゎ바카라사이트
- 14 실시간온라인카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■마블카지노こ마블카지노
- 15 온라인맥스카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■카지노추천チ카지노추천
- 16 베가스카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온라인카지노ぬ온라인카지노
- 17 리얼카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■카지노さ카지노
- 18 맞고 맞고 바둑이 =홈피:〈"ttx983.com"〉추천인:지퍼
- 19 고고카지노ァジァジNOLZA007。Ｃｏmァジァジ카지노바
- 20 바카라확률■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■바카라사이트オ바카라사이트
- 21 리스보아카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■바카라추천ゥ바카라추천
- 22 사설카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■인터넷바카라タ인터넷바카라
- 23 바카라계산기■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■카지노추천ガ카지노추천
- 24 헬로우카지노추천■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■아시안바카라チ아시안바카라
- 25 vip카지노예약■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온라인바카라ぼ온라인바카라