Hello everyone -
I've booked my parents (mom, 76 and very active; dad, 83, walks (not very far) with a cane) on a cruise down the Caledonian Canal and through the Inner Hebrides in late September-early October. I am going to fly over with them a week early to visit Edinburgh, Glasgow, (including Loch Lomond and Stirling), before spending a few days at a friend's place in Elie and then heading to Inverness to meet the tour. At this point I'm thinking:
Day 1 - arrive Edinburgh, see city
Day 2 - Edinburgh
Day 3 - train to Glasgow, see city
Day 4 - pick up rental car, drive to Loch Lomond
Day 5 - drive to Stirling en route to Elie
Day 6 - Elie
Day 7 - drive to Inverness
Day 8 - Culloden, Inverness
Day 9 - I fly home, they meet tour
My questions: Am I shortchanging anything? Should I spend more time in X and less in Y? Any need for a car in Edinburgh or Glasgow proper?
Most importantly, as mentioned, dad is not highly mobile. Is anyone aware of tour guides in Edinburgh and/or Glasgow who are elderly/handicapped friendly? I'm thinking of someone who could facilitate dropping us off at the door to Edinburgh Castle and those kinds of things.
Thanks very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 seat reservations
- 2 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 3 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 4 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 5 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 Italy in a week
- 8 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 9 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 10 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 11 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 12 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 13 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 14 Valencia Spain
- 15 Germany-Car or Train
- 16 Night Bus?
- 17 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 18 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 19 Andalucia Spain
- 20 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 21 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 22 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 23 Short time in Vienna
- 24 Jewish Vienna
- 25 My special places in Europe
Hello everyone -