Hello everyone -
I've booked my parents (mom, 76 and very active; dad, 83, walks (not very far) with a cane) on a cruise down the Caledonian Canal and through the Inner Hebrides in late September-early October. I am going to fly over with them a week early to visit Edinburgh, Glasgow, (including Loch Lomond and Stirling), before spending a few days at a friend's place in Elie and then heading to Inverness to meet the tour. At this point I'm thinking:
Day 1 - arrive Edinburgh, see city
Day 2 - Edinburgh
Day 3 - train to Glasgow, see city
Day 4 - pick up rental car, drive to Loch Lomond
Day 5 - drive to Stirling en route to Elie
Day 6 - Elie
Day 7 - drive to Inverness
Day 8 - Culloden, Inverness
Day 9 - I fly home, they meet tour
My questions: Am I shortchanging anything? Should I spend more time in X and less in Y? Any need for a car in Edinburgh or Glasgow proper?
Most importantly, as mentioned, dad is not highly mobile. Is anyone aware of tour guides in Edinburgh and/or Glasgow who are elderly/handicapped friendly? I'm thinking of someone who could facilitate dropping us off at the door to Edinburgh Castle and those kinds of things.
Thanks very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 온라인 릴 게임 사이트 ▣ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 2 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 3 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 8 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 9 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 12 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 15 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 16 3 day trip to iceland
- 17 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 18 Alitala
- 19 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 20 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 21 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 23 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 24 celticmoon, a quick question
- 25 Car service from Vienna Airport
Hello everyone -