Hello everyone -
I've booked my parents (mom, 76 and very active; dad, 83, walks (not very far) with a cane) on a cruise down the Caledonian Canal and through the Inner Hebrides in late September-early October. I am going to fly over with them a week early to visit Edinburgh, Glasgow, (including Loch Lomond and Stirling), before spending a few days at a friend's place in Elie and then heading to Inverness to meet the tour. At this point I'm thinking:
Day 1 - arrive Edinburgh, see city
Day 2 - Edinburgh
Day 3 - train to Glasgow, see city
Day 4 - pick up rental car, drive to Loch Lomond
Day 5 - drive to Stirling en route to Elie
Day 6 - Elie
Day 7 - drive to Inverness
Day 8 - Culloden, Inverness
Day 9 - I fly home, they meet tour
My questions: Am I shortchanging anything? Should I spend more time in X and less in Y? Any need for a car in Edinburgh or Glasgow proper?
Most importantly, as mentioned, dad is not highly mobile. Is anyone aware of tour guides in Edinburgh and/or Glasgow who are elderly/handicapped friendly? I'm thinking of someone who could facilitate dropping us off at the door to Edinburgh Castle and those kinds of things.
Thanks very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 2 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 3 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 4 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 5 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 6 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 7 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 10 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 11 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 12 Granada to Madrid
- 13 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 14 Tour groups
- 15 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 16 If you had to choose one......
- 17 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 20 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 21 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 22 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 23 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 24 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 25 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
Hello everyone -