Hello everyone -
I've booked my parents (mom, 76 and very active; dad, 83, walks (not very far) with a cane) on a cruise down the Caledonian Canal and through the Inner Hebrides in late September-early October. I am going to fly over with them a week early to visit Edinburgh, Glasgow, (including Loch Lomond and Stirling), before spending a few days at a friend's place in Elie and then heading to Inverness to meet the tour. At this point I'm thinking:
Day 1 - arrive Edinburgh, see city
Day 2 - Edinburgh
Day 3 - train to Glasgow, see city
Day 4 - pick up rental car, drive to Loch Lomond
Day 5 - drive to Stirling en route to Elie
Day 6 - Elie
Day 7 - drive to Inverness
Day 8 - Culloden, Inverness
Day 9 - I fly home, they meet tour
My questions: Am I shortchanging anything? Should I spend more time in X and less in Y? Any need for a car in Edinburgh or Glasgow proper?
Most importantly, as mentioned, dad is not highly mobile. Is anyone aware of tour guides in Edinburgh and/or Glasgow who are elderly/handicapped friendly? I'm thinking of someone who could facilitate dropping us off at the door to Edinburgh Castle and those kinds of things.
Thanks very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 2 Norway in a Nutshell - Travel Report
- 3 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 4 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 5 Azores
- 6 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 7 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 8 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 9 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 10 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 11 Short Trip in July
- 12 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 13 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 14 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 15 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 16 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 17 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 18 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 19 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 20 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 21 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 22 Sim Card Options
- 23 Greek Islands (small)
- 24 38 Days in Paris
- 25 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
Hello everyone -