My husband and I are planning a week long trip to Portugal in mid August. Right now we're planning on several days in Lisbon with a day trip to Sintra, an overnight to Evora and another overnight to Cascais / Estoril.
In Lisbon, we're planning to go to the Baixa area, Alfama are and then to see the Belen Tower and monastery. Are there any other must sees?
I'd love any advice on great restaurants in all three areas - from simple to really nice - we love great food and wine and that really makes a difference to us!
Also, any recommendations for stops along the way to Evora? We will have a car once e leave the city.
Also, is Evora worth the overnight or would you suggest somewhere else?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lille Braderie 2017
- 2 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Thinking about the Fjords
- 5 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 6 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 7 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 Uber vs. TfL
- 10 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 14 Greek Village
- 15 Berlin
- 16 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 17 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 18 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 19 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 20 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 21 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 22 Athens Help
- 23 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 24 Berlin -clubs
- 25 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL