My husband and I are planning a week long trip to Portugal in mid August. Right now we're planning on several days in Lisbon with a day trip to Sintra, an overnight to Evora and another overnight to Cascais / Estoril.
In Lisbon, we're planning to go to the Baixa area, Alfama are and then to see the Belen Tower and monastery. Are there any other must sees?
I'd love any advice on great restaurants in all three areas - from simple to really nice - we love great food and wine and that really makes a difference to us!
Also, any recommendations for stops along the way to Evora? We will have a car once e leave the city.
Also, is Evora worth the overnight or would you suggest somewhere else?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 2 Switzerland in November?
- 3 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 4 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 5 Oxford England Accommodations
- 6 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 7 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 8 Croatia transportation question.
- 9 Places of interest
- 10 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 11 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 12 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 13 Ireland travel passport question
- 14 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 15 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 16 A Month stay in Southern France
- 17 vienna
- 18 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 19 getting to CDG
- 20 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 21 Ireland hotel questions
- 22 Questions about Polish sights
- 23 Croatia Ferry Help
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 Greece...so many options! (11 days)