My husband and I are planning a week long trip to Portugal in mid August. Right now we're planning on several days in Lisbon with a day trip to Sintra, an overnight to Evora and another overnight to Cascais / Estoril.
In Lisbon, we're planning to go to the Baixa area, Alfama are and then to see the Belen Tower and monastery. Are there any other must sees?
I'd love any advice on great restaurants in all three areas - from simple to really nice - we love great food and wine and that really makes a difference to us!
Also, any recommendations for stops along the way to Evora? We will have a car once e leave the city.
Also, is Evora worth the overnight or would you suggest somewhere else?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 2 3 days outside Venice
- 3 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 4 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 5 Night Bus?
- 6 Reading for Italy, Adventures Abroad
- 7 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 8 Jewish Vienna
- 9 Short time in Vienna
- 10 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 11 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 12 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 13 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 14 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 15 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 16 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 17 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 18 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 19 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 20 Shall we Gdansk?
- 21 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 22 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 23 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 24 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 25 Munich to Hallstatt in a day