I was thinking of a trip to Norway this summer. I'm not sure of the dates, but it would probably be between mid-July to early-mid August. I would like the trip to last around 10 days. Here is what I was thinking of:
Day 1: Fly to Oslo, sightseeing there. (I went to Oslo four years ago, so I've already seen a few sights.)
Day 2: Train to Bergen. I understand the journey is quite nice. Is it worth it, or would it be better to save time and take the plane?
Day 3: Bergen
Day 4: Bergen and surrounding area (using hire car)
Day 5: Fly to Ålesund, walk around Ålesund.
Day 6: Ålesund and surrounding area ( a trip on Geirangerfjorden?)
Day 7: Drive from Ålesund to Molde (with another hire car). Visit Molde.
Day 8: Drive from Molde to Kristiansund, via Atlanterhavsveien.
That's my idea. Can anyone recommend 2 more days somewhere? (could be in Sweden or Denmark)
What do you think of this idea for an itinerary? Would it be feasible (are the distances each day too long, for example?) Would I be spending too long/ not long enough in a certain place? Would it be very touristy?
While I would go there to admire the natural beauty, I'm also interested in art, history, good food, culture, churches. Would the above itinerary be good for that, or not? (I would like to see some stave churches, if possible)
Do you think I would not be spending enough time on the fjords/ driving along them? I mentioned a possible trip on Geirangerfjorden with the ferry, but should I visit the area around Sognefjorden? Or change the itinerary to take in more of the fjords?
I have a generous budget for the trip.
What would the weather be like? From your experience, what is the weather like at that time of year? (Roughly what is the temperature normally at that time, and how much rain would there normally be?)
Trip to Norway- suggestions for itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 2 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 3 No points in Paris .....
- 4 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 5 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 6 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 7 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 8 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 9 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 10 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 11 best time to book accommodation
- 12 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 13 Stay near Paris
- 14 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 15 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 16 Sicily - not a trip report
- 17 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 18 Chip but no PIN
- 19 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 20 Questions for my German friends
- 21 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 22 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 23 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 24 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 25 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son