I was thinking of a trip to Norway this summer. I'm not sure of the dates, but it would probably be between mid-July to early-mid August. I would like the trip to last around 10 days. Here is what I was thinking of:
Day 1: Fly to Oslo, sightseeing there. (I went to Oslo four years ago, so I've already seen a few sights.)
Day 2: Train to Bergen. I understand the journey is quite nice. Is it worth it, or would it be better to save time and take the plane?
Day 3: Bergen
Day 4: Bergen and surrounding area (using hire car)
Day 5: Fly to Ålesund, walk around Ålesund.
Day 6: Ålesund and surrounding area ( a trip on Geirangerfjorden?)
Day 7: Drive from Ålesund to Molde (with another hire car). Visit Molde.
Day 8: Drive from Molde to Kristiansund, via Atlanterhavsveien.
That's my idea. Can anyone recommend 2 more days somewhere? (could be in Sweden or Denmark)
What do you think of this idea for an itinerary? Would it be feasible (are the distances each day too long, for example?) Would I be spending too long/ not long enough in a certain place? Would it be very touristy?
While I would go there to admire the natural beauty, I'm also interested in art, history, good food, culture, churches. Would the above itinerary be good for that, or not? (I would like to see some stave churches, if possible)
Do you think I would not be spending enough time on the fjords/ driving along them? I mentioned a possible trip on Geirangerfjorden with the ferry, but should I visit the area around Sognefjorden? Or change the itinerary to take in more of the fjords?
I have a generous budget for the trip.
What would the weather be like? From your experience, what is the weather like at that time of year? (Roughly what is the temperature normally at that time, and how much rain would there normally be?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 2 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 3 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 4 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 5 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 6 Reaching the Lake District
- 7 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 8 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 9 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 10 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 11 My special places in Europe
- 12 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 13 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 14 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 15 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 16 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 17 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 18 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 19 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 20 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 21 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 22 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 23 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 24 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 25 Italy in a week