I was thinking of a trip to Norway this summer. I'm not sure of the dates, but it would probably be between mid-July to early-mid August. I would like the trip to last around 10 days. Here is what I was thinking of:
Day 1: Fly to Oslo, sightseeing there. (I went to Oslo four years ago, so I've already seen a few sights.)
Day 2: Train to Bergen. I understand the journey is quite nice. Is it worth it, or would it be better to save time and take the plane?
Day 3: Bergen
Day 4: Bergen and surrounding area (using hire car)
Day 5: Fly to Ålesund, walk around Ålesund.
Day 6: Ålesund and surrounding area ( a trip on Geirangerfjorden?)
Day 7: Drive from Ålesund to Molde (with another hire car). Visit Molde.
Day 8: Drive from Molde to Kristiansund, via Atlanterhavsveien.
That's my idea. Can anyone recommend 2 more days somewhere? (could be in Sweden or Denmark)
What do you think of this idea for an itinerary? Would it be feasible (are the distances each day too long, for example?) Would I be spending too long/ not long enough in a certain place? Would it be very touristy?
While I would go there to admire the natural beauty, I'm also interested in art, history, good food, culture, churches. Would the above itinerary be good for that, or not? (I would like to see some stave churches, if possible)
Do you think I would not be spending enough time on the fjords/ driving along them? I mentioned a possible trip on Geirangerfjorden with the ferry, but should I visit the area around Sognefjorden? Or change the itinerary to take in more of the fjords?
I have a generous budget for the trip.
What would the weather be like? From your experience, what is the weather like at that time of year? (Roughly what is the temperature normally at that time, and how much rain would there normally be?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sienna with kids
- 2 Choosing: Taormina ,Ragusa, Cefalu
- 3 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 4 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 5 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 6 Museum of Decorative Arts
- 7 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 8 Belin museum pass, which one ?
- 9 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 10 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 11 Perugia and Rome by train and bus
- 12 Just in case anyone is wondering.....
- 13 Another Book List for Italy
- 14 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 15 Switzerland itinerary help request
- 16 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 17 2 Weeks Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, Salzburg
- 18 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 19 Lake Maggiore
- 20 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 21 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
- 22 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 23 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 24 How to find discount flights
- 25 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?