I was thinking of a trip to Norway this summer. I'm not sure of the dates, but it would probably be between mid-July to early-mid August. I would like the trip to last around 10 days. Here is what I was thinking of:
Day 1: Fly to Oslo, sightseeing there. (I went to Oslo four years ago, so I've already seen a few sights.)
Day 2: Train to Bergen. I understand the journey is quite nice. Is it worth it, or would it be better to save time and take the plane?
Day 3: Bergen
Day 4: Bergen and surrounding area (using hire car)
Day 5: Fly to Ålesund, walk around Ålesund.
Day 6: Ålesund and surrounding area ( a trip on Geirangerfjorden?)
Day 7: Drive from Ålesund to Molde (with another hire car). Visit Molde.
Day 8: Drive from Molde to Kristiansund, via Atlanterhavsveien.
That's my idea. Can anyone recommend 2 more days somewhere? (could be in Sweden or Denmark)
What do you think of this idea for an itinerary? Would it be feasible (are the distances each day too long, for example?) Would I be spending too long/ not long enough in a certain place? Would it be very touristy?
While I would go there to admire the natural beauty, I'm also interested in art, history, good food, culture, churches. Would the above itinerary be good for that, or not? (I would like to see some stave churches, if possible)
Do you think I would not be spending enough time on the fjords/ driving along them? I mentioned a possible trip on Geirangerfjorden with the ferry, but should I visit the area around Sognefjorden? Or change the itinerary to take in more of the fjords?
I have a generous budget for the trip.
What would the weather be like? From your experience, what is the weather like at that time of year? (Roughly what is the temperature normally at that time, and how much rain would there normally be?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 3 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 4 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 5 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 6 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 7 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 8 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 9 Iceland for Nine Days
- 10 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 11 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 12 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 13 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 14 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 15 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 16 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 17 Rome or Venice first
- 18 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 19 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 20 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 21 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 22 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 23 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 24 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 25 3 day trip to iceland