I was thinking of a trip to Norway this summer. I'm not sure of the dates, but it would probably be between mid-July to early-mid August. I would like the trip to last around 10 days. Here is what I was thinking of:
Day 1: Fly to Oslo, sightseeing there. (I went to Oslo four years ago, so I've already seen a few sights.)
Day 2: Train to Bergen. I understand the journey is quite nice. Is it worth it, or would it be better to save time and take the plane?
Day 3: Bergen
Day 4: Bergen and surrounding area (using hire car)
Day 5: Fly to Ålesund, walk around Ålesund.
Day 6: Ålesund and surrounding area ( a trip on Geirangerfjorden?)
Day 7: Drive from Ålesund to Molde (with another hire car). Visit Molde.
Day 8: Drive from Molde to Kristiansund, via Atlanterhavsveien.
That's my idea. Can anyone recommend 2 more days somewhere? (could be in Sweden or Denmark)
What do you think of this idea for an itinerary? Would it be feasible (are the distances each day too long, for example?) Would I be spending too long/ not long enough in a certain place? Would it be very touristy?
While I would go there to admire the natural beauty, I'm also interested in art, history, good food, culture, churches. Would the above itinerary be good for that, or not? (I would like to see some stave churches, if possible)
Do you think I would not be spending enough time on the fjords/ driving along them? I mentioned a possible trip on Geirangerfjorden with the ferry, but should I visit the area around Sognefjorden? Or change the itinerary to take in more of the fjords?
I have a generous budget for the trip.
What would the weather be like? From your experience, what is the weather like at that time of year? (Roughly what is the temperature normally at that time, and how much rain would there normally be?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 2 Munich Hotel Location
- 3 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 4 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 5 Clean up spam
- 6 Croatia - Zadar or Hvar or Korcula?
- 7 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 8 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 9 credit and debit cards
- 10 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 11 Munich,Prague, CK, Salzburg, Vienna
- 12 Is Sicily Safe?
- 13 Hurtigruten port suggestion
- 14 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 15 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 16 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 17 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 18 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 19 Help with basic itinerary
- 20 Car rental in Europe (Kemwel)
- 21 Greece and Italy Combo
- 22 Restaurant recommendation for Sunday lunch
- 23 10 days in Germany, Itinerary help please!
- 24 Which city order makes most sense?
- 25 Meaning of BSB as type of German train/bus