I am planning to visit Athens for a couple of days in May and wanted to visit Mycenae/Nafplio as well. Here is the plan -
- Arrive in Athens arnd 8:30 pm
- Tour for the next 2 whole days
What would be the best way to get to Mycenae/Nafplio?… I was thinking of some option like -
- From Athens Airport go to Nafplio and stay overnight
- See Nafplio for some time the next day and then go to Mycenae and Epidaurus
- Go to Athens after that (reach around 9-10 pm)
- See around Athens the whole next day
I needed some advice on the public transport options available (if any) for the above itinerary. Also, how long dos it take to travel between this places (like Nafplio -> Mycenae -> Epidaurus or some other combination).
Also, is it better if we drive? How is driving from Athens Airport to Nafplio - are the roads on hilly areas/winding? is it generally safe to drive in night after 9 pm?
It would be great if someone could give advice on the same. Thanks a lot in advance for the same.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 2 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 3 Driving in Italy?
- 4 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 5 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 6 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 7 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 8 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 9 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 10 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 11 Shoes in Scotland
- 12 Engadine Valley help
- 13 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 14 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 15 Naples, Italy
- 16 Ireland in April
- 17 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 18 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 19 French restaurants
- 20 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 21 Tuscany 6 nights
- 22 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 23 Ireland travel passport question
- 24 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 25 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees