I am planning to visit Athens for a couple of days in May and wanted to visit Mycenae/Nafplio as well. Here is the plan -
- Arrive in Athens arnd 8:30 pm
- Tour for the next 2 whole days
What would be the best way to get to Mycenae/Nafplio?… I was thinking of some option like -
- From Athens Airport go to Nafplio and stay overnight
- See Nafplio for some time the next day and then go to Mycenae and Epidaurus
- Go to Athens after that (reach around 9-10 pm)
- See around Athens the whole next day
I needed some advice on the public transport options available (if any) for the above itinerary. Also, how long dos it take to travel between this places (like Nafplio -> Mycenae -> Epidaurus or some other combination).
Also, is it better if we drive? How is driving from Athens Airport to Nafplio - are the roads on hilly areas/winding? is it generally safe to drive in night after 9 pm?
It would be great if someone could give advice on the same. Thanks a lot in advance for the same.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renting a car in Greece
- 2 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 3 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 4 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 5 renting a car in greece
- 6 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 7 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 8 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 9 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 10 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 11 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 12 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 13 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 14 retruning to US with souveniers
- 15 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 16 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 20 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 21 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 22 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 23 Help on ancient history route
- 24 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 25 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.