I am planning to visit Athens for a couple of days in May and wanted to visit Mycenae/Nafplio as well. Here is the plan -
- Arrive in Athens arnd 8:30 pm
- Tour for the next 2 whole days
What would be the best way to get to Mycenae/Nafplio?… I was thinking of some option like -
- From Athens Airport go to Nafplio and stay overnight
- See Nafplio for some time the next day and then go to Mycenae and Epidaurus
- Go to Athens after that (reach around 9-10 pm)
- See around Athens the whole next day
I needed some advice on the public transport options available (if any) for the above itinerary. Also, how long dos it take to travel between this places (like Nafplio -> Mycenae -> Epidaurus or some other combination).
Also, is it better if we drive? How is driving from Athens Airport to Nafplio - are the roads on hilly areas/winding? is it generally safe to drive in night after 9 pm?
It would be great if someone could give advice on the same. Thanks a lot in advance for the same.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 2 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 3 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 6 First time in Bulgaria
- 7 Self drive tour companies
- 8 Cambridge in May
- 9 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 12 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 13 Madrid/Lisbon
- 14 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 15 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 16 Greek fuel cost
- 17 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 18 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 19 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 20 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 21 Day trips from Florence
- 22 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 23 May get together in Paris
- 24 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 25 Planning a Trip to Greece