My mother and I will be traveling in Europe this summer in July. This is my mother's first trip to Europe and I want her to have a good time. She loves to sightsee and shop but she also likes to relax in natural surroundings with scenic views. I have made the following trip for about 25 days covering Italy, (very) little of Switzerland, Paris and Prague. I would like your advice whether this is a feasible trip. I don't want to rush her and be tired but neither do I want her to get bored. Also it would be great if you could provide suggestions for: if I should add or remove anything (number of days or day trips), any cities that need more time or less time, activities to do, must-see places or restaurants we must eat at (she is a vegetarian). I would really appreciate all the help
Day 1 Fly in to Prague from Amsterdam (plan to take a taxi to the hotel from airport)
Day 2 Prague
Day 3 Prague
Day 4 Prague
Day 5 Fly to Paris (take taxi to hotel)
Day 6 Paris
Day 7 Paris
Day 8 Paris (Bastille Day)
Day 9 Train to Lucerne- overnight in Lucerne
Day 10 GoldenPass to Montreux-overnight in Montreux
Day 11 Train to Venice
Day 12 Venice
Day 13 Venice (Festa del Redentore)
Day 14 Venice
Day 15 Train to Florence
Day 16 Florence
Day 17 Florence
Day 18 Florence (Day trip to Siena & San Gimignano)
Day 19 Florence (Day trip to Pisa)
Day 20 Train to Rome
Day 21 Rome
Day 22 Rome
Day 23 Rome
Day 24 Rome (Day trip to Tivoli)
Day 25 Fly out to Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 2 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 3 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 4 Milos beach stay
- 5 Paris to Bordeaux
- 6 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 7 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 8 WWI Battlefields
- 9 Iceland 3 day layover
- 10 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 11 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 12 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 13 Train travel
- 14 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 15 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 16 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
- 17 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 18 Christmas Markets 2017
- 19 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 20 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 21 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 22 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 23 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 24 Hotel recommendations: Venice, Florence and Rome
- 25 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition