My mother and I will be traveling in Europe this summer in July. This is my mother's first trip to Europe and I want her to have a good time. She loves to sightsee and shop but she also likes to relax in natural surroundings with scenic views. I have made the following trip for about 25 days covering Italy, (very) little of Switzerland, Paris and Prague. I would like your advice whether this is a feasible trip. I don't want to rush her and be tired but neither do I want her to get bored. Also it would be great if you could provide suggestions for: if I should add or remove anything (number of days or day trips), any cities that need more time or less time, activities to do, must-see places or restaurants we must eat at (she is a vegetarian). I would really appreciate all the help
Day 1 Fly in to Prague from Amsterdam (plan to take a taxi to the hotel from airport)
Day 2 Prague
Day 3 Prague
Day 4 Prague
Day 5 Fly to Paris (take taxi to hotel)
Day 6 Paris
Day 7 Paris
Day 8 Paris (Bastille Day)
Day 9 Train to Lucerne- overnight in Lucerne
Day 10 GoldenPass to Montreux-overnight in Montreux
Day 11 Train to Venice
Day 12 Venice
Day 13 Venice (Festa del Redentore)
Day 14 Venice
Day 15 Train to Florence
Day 16 Florence
Day 17 Florence
Day 18 Florence (Day trip to Siena & San Gimignano)
Day 19 Florence (Day trip to Pisa)
Day 20 Train to Rome
Day 21 Rome
Day 22 Rome
Day 23 Rome
Day 24 Rome (Day trip to Tivoli)
Day 25 Fly out to Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice
- 2 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 3 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 5 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 6 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 7 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 8 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 9 Porto and vicinity
- 10 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 11 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 12 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 13 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 14 Norway fjord
- 15 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 16 7 days in Greece
- 17 Italy
- 18 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 19 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 20 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 21 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 22 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 23 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 24 Praiana to Positano
- 25 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report