Thanks to all the information on this forum, here's what we have planned. Please comment.
(We're a family of 4. Kids just turned 6 and 10. )
Day 1- 4 Dublin ( DH is there for work, kids and I are tagging along to explore the city, day trip to Newgrange on one of the days).
Day 5- Pick up car. Drive to Killarney, stop at Rock of Cashel. See whatever we can see of Muckross Estates (most likely just the garden). Overnight at Killarney.
Day 6- Ring of Kerry. Stop at Ross castle (most likely to see the grounds only). Overnight at Killarney.
Day 7- Drive to Galway. Kylemore Abbey, Cliffs of Moher. Overnight at Galway.
Day 8- Aran island day trip. Overnight at Galway.
Day 9- Bunratty castle, Adare. Flight out of Shannon at 6:50pm.
Is there enough time to fit Bunratty and Adare in before our flight or is it better to fit one of them in on the way from Killarney to Galway?
I've read that the drive from Killarney to Galway is really pretty along the coast and take the Tarbert-Killimer ferry. I've also read that part of the road is hard to drive and timing with the ferry may be hard. Any opinions on which road to take to get from Killarney to Galway?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 kechua: Tec*h SUPP0RT comcast mail CONTACT 1:8OO:540:6830 comcast
- 2 alcazar question and seville advice
- 3 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 4 driving from London to Lourdes
- 5 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 6 Tuscany Itinerary
- 7 Couscous
- 8 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 9 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 10 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 11 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 12 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 13 Places to stop/stay?
- 14 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 15 Visit to Sardinia
- 16 ATM
- 17 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london
- 18 TIM in FCO - update
- 19 Visa Query
- 20 London in Winter Report
- 21 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 22 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 23 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 24 ATM help
- 25 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
Trip to Ireland in 2 weeks, here's our plan. Comments welcome