Thanks to all the information on this forum, here's what we have planned. Please comment.
(We're a family of 4. Kids just turned 6 and 10. )
Day 1- 4 Dublin ( DH is there for work, kids and I are tagging along to explore the city, day trip to Newgrange on one of the days).
Day 5- Pick up car. Drive to Killarney, stop at Rock of Cashel. See whatever we can see of Muckross Estates (most likely just the garden). Overnight at Killarney.
Day 6- Ring of Kerry. Stop at Ross castle (most likely to see the grounds only). Overnight at Killarney.
Day 7- Drive to Galway. Kylemore Abbey, Cliffs of Moher. Overnight at Galway.
Day 8- Aran island day trip. Overnight at Galway.
Day 9- Bunratty castle, Adare. Flight out of Shannon at 6:50pm.
Is there enough time to fit Bunratty and Adare in before our flight or is it better to fit one of them in on the way from Killarney to Galway?
I've read that the drive from Killarney to Galway is really pretty along the coast and take the Tarbert-Killimer ferry. I've also read that part of the road is hard to drive and timing with the ferry may be hard. Any opinions on which road to take to get from Killarney to Galway?
Trip to Ireland in 2 weeks, here's our plan. Comments welcome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for Spain
- 2 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 3 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 4 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 5 Spanish Music
- 6 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 7 Things to do in/around Milan
- 8 Vienna to Padua Questions
- 9 one-month itinerary -- what am I missing?
- 10 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 11 Ireland's west coast
- 12 Tips for Sardinia this summer?
- 13 Turn Back or Forge Ahead?
- 14 mallorca
- 15 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 16 Arles as a base?
- 17 Austria & Bavaria – A week-long winter getaway
- 18 Provence or Provence and Dorgogna
- 19 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 20 Aix en Provence
- 21 Traffic Violation fine - don't they want my money?
- 22 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 23 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 24 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 25 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome