We (Me, my wife and 7 month old) are traveling to Germany for the 1st time this June. We have been to many other european countries before.
We have the German Rail pass for 5 days for this trip.
Here is our Itinerary - looking for any suggestions and help especially because we are with the 7 month old and I am mainly concerned about traveling from Frankfurt to Cologne with the luggage, stroller etc. on train & on the ferry for river rhine cruise.
Day 1,2 - Frankfurt (city sight seeing)
Day 3 - Day trip to Rothenburg Ob der Tauber via train (Round Trip)
Day 4 - Travel day to Cologne from Frankfurt (Train to Rüdesheim and river cruise to St Goarshausen - then continue on to Cologne via train
Day 5 - Cologne
Day 6 - train to Berlin
Day 7,8,9 - Berlin
Day 10 - Train to Munich
Day 11 - Round trip from Munich to Neuschwanstein castle
Day 12 - Munich
Day 13 - Fly back home
For the river Rhine Cruise - is the train station at Rüdesheim and Goarshausen close to the dock where the ferry departs? I think name of the company is KD.
Appreciate any feedback - thank-you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 2 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 3 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 4 One free day in Barcelona
- 5 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 6 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 7 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 8 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 11 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 12 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 13 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 14 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 15 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 16 Bordeaux to Nice
- 17 Greek Village
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 20 Uber vs. TfL
- 21 Berlin
- 22 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 23 Germany or Sweden
- 24 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 25 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce