We (Me, my wife and 7 month old) are traveling to Germany for the 1st time this June. We have been to many other european countries before.
We have the German Rail pass for 5 days for this trip.
Here is our Itinerary - looking for any suggestions and help especially because we are with the 7 month old and I am mainly concerned about traveling from Frankfurt to Cologne with the luggage, stroller etc. on train & on the ferry for river rhine cruise.
Day 1,2 - Frankfurt (city sight seeing)
Day 3 - Day trip to Rothenburg Ob der Tauber via train (Round Trip)
Day 4 - Travel day to Cologne from Frankfurt (Train to Rüdesheim and river cruise to St Goarshausen - then continue on to Cologne via train
Day 5 - Cologne
Day 6 - train to Berlin
Day 7,8,9 - Berlin
Day 10 - Train to Munich
Day 11 - Round trip from Munich to Neuschwanstein castle
Day 12 - Munich
Day 13 - Fly back home
For the river Rhine Cruise - is the train station at Rüdesheim and Goarshausen close to the dock where the ferry departs? I think name of the company is KD.
Appreciate any feedback - thank-you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 2 Scotland - We're Here!
- 3 Train / Calabria
- 4 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 5 16 days in France and Italy
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 TIM in FCO - update
- 8 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 9 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 10 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 11 Itinery help Crete
- 12 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 13 Lisbon - a few tips
- 14 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 15 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 16 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 17 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 18 Avoid Europcar!
- 19 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 20 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 21 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 22 European Vacation 2017
- 23 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 24 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 25 Need help in completing trip details