I am planning my first trip to Germany with my husband. We are departing Mid May and going for 3 weeks. Our main goal is to travel the Rhine River area and Romantic road, stop off at a few places along the way, and really take in the German culture. We are in our early fifties, we like scenery, historical sights, people watching, drinking beer and wine, and eating good authentic food.
I am a rookie at this, so if you can please provide some insight on the below first draft of our itinerary that would be great. We have yet to book accommodation's. Any suggestions are welcome our budget is approx. 100 Euro a night. We are also planning to rent a car for the first part of our trip.
Canada to Germany: Fly in to Frankfurt May 14, train to Boppard
BOPPARD: 4 days, 3 nights
- First day/night relaxing, getting over Jet lag
- Rhine River trip to Bacharach and St. Goar
- Exploring city
- We will be training to Koblenz to rent a car (thoughts?)
TRIER: 2 Days, 1 night
- Worth stopping to see?
- Recommended by Rick Steves
KARLSRUHE: 5 days, 4 nights
- Explore city, visit friends
- Day trip to Stuttgart to see the Porsche and Mercedes Museums
- Day trip to Maulbronn Monastery, Lichtenstein castle
- Stop off at Baden-Baden on the way to Strasbourg
STRASBOURG: 3 days, 2 nights
- See petite France, Cathedral, explore city
MUNICH: 4 Days, 3 nights
- Beer Gardens, English Gardens, markets
- Day trip to Fussen see the Neuschweinstein Castle
- Drop off rental car, train to Salzburg (undecided on when is best to rent a car during this trip)
SALZBURG AUSTRIA: 2 Days, 1 night
- Eagles nest
NUREMBURG: 2 Days, 1 night
- Not sure how long to stay, is it worth staying more than one night?
ROTHENBURG OB DER TAUBER: 2 Days, 1 night
- Again, not sure if we are staying for more than one night, is it worth seeing?
WURZBURG: Possible stop off on the way to Frankfurt or stay one/two nights
- Suggestions welcome
FRANKFURT: Flight home, mid afternoon.
Thank you in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 선릉안마추천 010.4373.1910 セ남궁실장 セ 선릉안마
- 2 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 3 선릉근처안마 010.4373.1910 セ남궁실장 セ 선릉안마
- 4 선릉안마방 010.4373.1910 セ남궁실장 セ 선릉안마
- 5 선릉안마 010.4373.1910 セ남궁실장 セ 선릉안마
- 6 역삼안마유명한곳 010.4373.1910 セ남궁실장 セ 역삼안마
- 7 역삼안마좋은곳 010.4373.1910 セ 역삼안마
- 8 Car Rental in France - Europcar
- 9 역삼안마추천 010.4373.1910 역삼안마 セ남궁실장 セ 역삼안마 メ역삼안마メ
- 10 역삼근처안마 010.4373.1910 역삼안마 セ남궁실장 セ
- 11 역삼동안마 010.4373.1910 セ남궁실장 セ 역삼안마
- 12 역삼역안마 010.4373.1910 セ남궁실장 セ 역삼안마
- 13 역삼안마 010.4373.1910 セ남궁실장 セ 역삼안마
- 14 강남안마유명한곳 010.4373.1910 강남안마 セ남궁실장 セ
- 15 강남안마좋은곳 010.4373.1910 강남안마メ
- 16 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 17 Is Sicily Safe?
- 18 Amalfi Coast, Italy
- 19 Car rental help in Sicily
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 alItalia
- 22 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 23 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 24 credit and debit cards
- 25 Clean up spam