I am planning my first trip to Germany with my husband. We are departing Mid May and going for 3 weeks. Our main goal is to travel the Rhine River area and Romantic road, stop off at a few places along the way, and really take in the German culture. We are in our early fifties, we like scenery, historical sights, people watching, drinking beer and wine, and eating good authentic food.
I am a rookie at this, so if you can please provide some insight on the below first draft of our itinerary that would be great. We have yet to book accommodation's. Any suggestions are welcome our budget is approx. 100 Euro a night. We are also planning to rent a car for the first part of our trip.
Canada to Germany: Fly in to Frankfurt May 14, train to Boppard
BOPPARD: 4 days, 3 nights
- First day/night relaxing, getting over Jet lag
- Rhine River trip to Bacharach and St. Goar
- Exploring city
- We will be training to Koblenz to rent a car (thoughts?)
TRIER: 2 Days, 1 night
- Worth stopping to see?
- Recommended by Rick Steves
KARLSRUHE: 5 days, 4 nights
- Explore city, visit friends
- Day trip to Stuttgart to see the Porsche and Mercedes Museums
- Day trip to Maulbronn Monastery, Lichtenstein castle
- Stop off at Baden-Baden on the way to Strasbourg
STRASBOURG: 3 days, 2 nights
- See petite France, Cathedral, explore city
MUNICH: 4 Days, 3 nights
- Beer Gardens, English Gardens, markets
- Day trip to Fussen see the Neuschweinstein Castle
- Drop off rental car, train to Salzburg (undecided on when is best to rent a car during this trip)
SALZBURG AUSTRIA: 2 Days, 1 night
- Eagles nest
NUREMBURG: 2 Days, 1 night
- Not sure how long to stay, is it worth staying more than one night?
ROTHENBURG OB DER TAUBER: 2 Days, 1 night
- Again, not sure if we are staying for more than one night, is it worth seeing?
WURZBURG: Possible stop off on the way to Frankfurt or stay one/two nights
- Suggestions welcome
FRANKFURT: Flight home, mid afternoon.
Thank you in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 COMCAST @password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 3 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 4 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 5 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 6 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 7 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 8 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 9 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 10 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 11 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 12 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 13 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 14 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 15 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 16 Maximizing Norway time
- 17 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 18 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 21 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 22 Hiking in Switzerland
- 23 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 24 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 25 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como